News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmymbir

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 25, 2012, 03:55:38 AM

Sorry that my post reads like a teenage girl... lol I'm tired and short sentences are efficient.
Not sure how I feel about this.... hehe
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

Haha! I was just telling you about the naked bodies in autopsy!

I need the exact recipe for the raw brownies.

My day was long and great! Had a wonderful day with my favorite people. I'm tired, but still running WIDE OPEN. I guess that energy drink at 5:30 was a bad idea...then I drank tea at taco bell. Lol caffeine overload! Wheeee! :chairspinud:

Gonna go see if mom put away the leftovers, then Jammie time and perhaps a little NCIS before crashing. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Hopefully going to church in the am. Brandon promised I'd have the car, now just to pray it works!!

Today was a fabulously lazy day!! So needed after this crazy week.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on March 25, 2012, 04:05:28 AMI need the exact recipe for the raw brownies.

Ok.  To EVERYONE:  Are you ready?  I'm about to change your life. I didn't believe it when I read that either, but um.. it was true.

They are pretty much amazing.  I think they did changed my life.  They are FUDGY.  They don't taste like nuts and they don't taste like dates.  They did take a whole 5 min. to make, so if you can stand to wait that long, you can make these. 

The Raw Brownie

2 cups whole walnuts
2 ½ cups dates, pitted
1 cup raw cacao
1 cup raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped (optional)
¼ tsp. sea salt

Directions:
1. Place walnuts in food processor and blend on high until the nuts are finely ground.
2. Add the cacao and salt. Pulse to combine.
3. Add the dates one at a time through the feed tube of the food processor while it is running. What you should end up with is a mix that appears rather like pie crust crumbs, but that when pressed, will easily stick together (if the mixture does not hold together well, add more dates).
4. In a large bowl (or the pan you plan on putting the brownies in), combine the walnut-cacao mix with the chopped almonds. Press into a lined cake pan or mold. Place in freezer or fridge until ready to serve (it is also easier to cut these when they are very cold). Store in an airtight container.

So that's it. I just changed your life. Go and make The Raw Brownie and maybe get back to me to let me know how it turned out.

If you know of another nut that has lots of natural oil, you can sub it for the walnuts.  I couldn't find raw cocoa, so I just used regular, natural, unsweetened cocoa powder.  You know what consistancy you're looking for so you can tweek the measurements accordingly.

Chseeads

MelodyB

Hey, Melodya!! Remember what I said I was gonna Google and make for the meet-up!?

I FOUND IT!!! It looks amazing! And tomorrow I can get something at the church that I don't have here at home, and make it to see how it turns out!! Haha

I'm excited! I am just missing the one ingredient! Yay!

Chseeads

MelodyB

Newsman

Chseeads

Quote from: Newsman on March 25, 2012, 05:43:21 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on March 25, 2012, 04:05:28 AM
Haha! I was just telling you about the naked bodies in autopsy!

The reminds me of my beloved schnookums Alana and the pink naked ladies.....  :freaky2:

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on March 25, 2012, 05:16:39 AM
Hey, Melodya!! Remember what I said I was gonna Google and make for the meet-up!?

I FOUND IT!!! It looks amazing! And tomorrow I can get something at the church that I don't have here at home, and make it to see how it turns out!!

I'm already drooling.  :)  You'll never get another traffic ticket again.

Heather

It's gonna be good church today praise Jesus!! My hair is cooperating!! Woot!!

MelodyB

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 25, 2012, 12:25:50 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on March 25, 2012, 05:16:39 AM

I FOUND IT!!! It looks amazing! And tomorrow I can get something at the church that I don't have here at home, and make it to see how it turns out!!

I'm already drooling.  :)  You'll never get another traffic ticket again.
:eyebrow:  :copcar:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Went to church, came home.

Eating a black bean platter.

I may try to grow some black beans in my garden....  :smirk2:

MelodyB

I'm gonna have tater soup for lunch. I was torn between that and a rbb, but I think I'll wait till dinner to get the rbb...after it gets dark so I can slide down the hallway and spill it again. :smirk2:

MelodyB

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on March 25, 2012, 05:45:15 PM
I'm gonna have tater soup for lunch. I was torn between that and a rbb, but I think I'll wait till dinner to get the rbb...after it gets dark so I can slide down the hallway and spill it again. :smirk2:

Sounds like a great plan.

kmymbir

I have an amazing Praise report to share, but I'll have to wait until I get home, woo.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

I can't wait to hear it! ;)

Kimber did amazing on her solo in the ensemble today! Justsoyallknow! ;)

Chseeads

Heather

Shew Lord!! It was 1 of those services where I was blubbering in the altar forever it seemed. But I had one of those moments......despite everything that's happened, I'm gonna make it.  :cool:

Chseeads

Heather

MelodyB