News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

He's some kin of ours that go to our church. 

Our tractor needs a lot of TLC, so had to have somebody else plow it. 

SippinTea

Well, tell him to come plow me a garden spot in my backyard if he's through there. :P

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Roscoe

Hi, all. We made it back home to discover that the storms that blew through while we were gone were mad at our house. They shucked some shingles, tossed down limbs from my trees, and ripped my gutter off the house. :cry: 

Truthfully- not as bad as it sounds, but still- damage I have to fix. And the gutter, while I've got it temporarily tacked up, is bent badly and will have to be replaced.  :cry:

In other news- we had a good time in Apostolic Las Vegas, aka Branson. Spent too much as usual. We'd talked about attending church last night but didn't know of any in the area. A friend told us that if we were willing to drive an hour from Branson, there was a good church in Diggins, Mo.  We went to Springfield yesterday morning- halfway to Diggins- and had decided that we wouldn't attend because of the distance. Turned a corner in Walmart and ran into a couple from Diggins church. We decided maybe we needed to go, so we did.

While not really a remarkable service, it was a great Bible study and the church building was absolutely gorgeous. And- it just felt homey, if that makes sense. The godplace crew was not far from mind either. There is an Amish community less than a mile from the church and they have a workshop next to the church. It was like a traffic jam in 1890.  :laughhard: All I could think of was Seth would be out here trying to capture a few of these guys.....

Now, what to do....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Well breakfast was a flop. I didn't time it right so the bacon wasn't quite done and the biscuits were over done, and brown on the bottom. And the eggs got cold before we ate. Dad ate just a little and got sick and mom complained that I didn't make sausage and pancakes.

Whatever.

I guess I can't win every meal. :smirk2:

Now to get dressed and get to church. Jesus will make it all better.

Chseeads

Poor, Mel-Mel. 

Shrewby, it will take a while to drive the tractor cross country....

Roscoe, yes, yes indeed, I need to find me a start of them and raise me up some good Amish workers. lol :P

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on March 22, 2012, 10:22:35 PM

Roscoe, yes, yes indeed, I need to find me a start of them and raise me up some good Amish workers. lol :P
Might wanna capture a breeding pair....if ya just get a start it'll take a while to have a good crew.    :biglaugh:

And they were everywhere in the springfield, missouri and surrounding areas. There were more women in dresses than in pants in the stores. What surprised me was some of the houses we drove by were clean, but well, kinda shabby. Maybe they don't believe in paint either???
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

*HUGS* Ruby

Jesus DID make it better. I always have an awesome time just BEING at church with my people. We don't even have to have service, but just being in the building helps a LOT.

Now I have our new Easter song stuck in my head. And I'm headed to bed. Gotta get up early and meet Ann to pray at church, then we are finally gonna teach that Bible study that we didn't get to teach on Tuesday.

Night people!

ROSCOE! Did you not see my Dr Pepper comment a few posts back? :P

Chseeads

kmymbir

I've been singing the Easter song all evening as well. Oh and by the way Mel, I think that the song your team is signing will be GREAT, There was a major change tonight that will just make it all better :wink:
I had to catch a ride with the Wilson's tonight, on the way home I was getting a migraine, so glad the ride to my house was waiting in the drive way. When I opened the truck door I realized that it was my daddy and he took me to get dinner! AWE!!
That was totally unusual for him, we even had coffee and talked awhile, I enjoyed it!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

It's nights like this when everyone is busy that I would be able to post a million things!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

I'm sure everyone would LOVE to see my name for TWO whole pages!  :bigcheese:

kmymbir

In sharing for yesterday, I actually wrote someone a letter, does anyone remember when that was a common way of communication?
I remember passing notes in school as well, I was one of the lucky kids who never got caught, I had to eat one or two notes though!  :fork:

kmymbir

In sharing for today:
Being as this day has not really gotten underway I don't have much to say yet, I am suppose to go clean a house today, it's how I'm getting money to go to youth on Saturday!
I'm suppose to play the music on Saturday as well, I've been practicing but I still do not feel ready, I may have Mel sing all alone with no music. That way everyone will be staring at her and when I start my song everyone will think I'm doing just lovely!
I am praying to come into some extra cash, I'm not asking for much, just enough to go put in some applications in town.

Ever get to a point where you know God is changing your direction, but you are not sure which way you are suppose to be going, I am SO there right now!!

kmymbir

MelodyB

Newsman

Lady K,

There was actually a time when a single could write the headquatrers of the UPC and ALJC, and they would give you a single person of the opposite gender's name and address so you could be 'penpals'...oh, the days gone by!  :biglaugh:

John  :waving:

Quote from: kmymbir on March 23, 2012, 06:40:06 AM
In sharing for yesterday, I actually wrote someone a letter, does anyone remember when that was a common way of communication?
I remember passing notes in school as well, I was one of the lucky kids who never got caught, I had to eat one or two notes though!  :fork:

MelodyB

I get so frustrated at people that I want to smack them sometimes!

:frustrated:

Roscoe

Morning, all! :hi: And Mel, I noticed the Dr Pepper comment, intended to comment on it- and forgot to.  :laughhard: I'm wounded that you have so little faith in my Dr Pepper drinking abilities.

Today is gonna be- dare I say it- EPIC! Lou, Chey, and I are gonna go to Fort Smith and meet up with Germ and his wonderful family, browse and shop a while, and then we are gonna shut down the Golden Corral with the help of a certain media personality from this forum. I've been looking forward to this more than the trip to Branson. :bustamove:

MelodyB

I'll believe in your ability when I see it. Just like I'll believe in what people say they are going to do when they DO IT and not just give lip service.

UGH.

I want to believe the best in folks. But when they say something then don't do it, and can't be contacted and it's the second time in a row...you wonder. Not to mention all the other times they said they would do something and didn't follow through. Blah.

But! God is still good! I got in a good season of prayer and Bible reading this morning. And now I'm just waiting. Waiting for pastor and wife to finish praying so I can clean the bathrooms without disturbing them, and waiting to see what happens next and what my plans may pan out to be today. Cause at this point I don't know.

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on March 22, 2012, 09:56:29 PM
Well breakfast was a flop. I didn't time it right so the bacon wasn't quite done...

Did I tell you I seen someone BAKE their bacon so I started doing that?  It turns out perfect every time, all at once, and cooks quicker than the pan -like 10 min.  The grease is easy to pour off too if I have a panful and midway it looks like too much, then I can start my gravy and have it done when the bacon is.  I don't have to turn or move it so I'm free to make the other stuff.  It's just as fried as in the pan though, so it doesn't really help with healthiness, just convenience.

MelodyB

I did bake it. 350 for over 30 mins, and it was still not done. I even bumped it up to 400 for the last 10 mins and then to broil. And I had it on a rack so the grease would drip into the pan underneath. It was done I guess, but my parents like it crispy and it never got crispy at all.