News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Our weekdays are really Tuesday - Saturday. But since Sunday is still Sunday... well, Monday is Saturday.  :cool:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Chseeads

Chseeads

Quote from: SippinTea on March 20, 2012, 03:55:49 AM
Our weekdays are really Tuesday - Saturday. But since Sunday is still Sunday... well, Monday is Saturday.  :cool:

:beret:

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe.....

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 19, 2012, 11:16:33 PM
Running in between buffet trips..... :freaky2:. Thought of isaac. Guy ahead of me in line at the buffett-in great danger because of that- was wearing five fingered (toed) shoes. Looked like a computer nerd too...lol. I nearly asked him if his name was isaac, then he moved and the steak took my attention... :laughhard:
And how, pray tell, is a computer nerd supposed to look?  I want to be sure I get my costume right for the meet-up. 

For the record I am not a nerd, merely a geek.  A nerd would probably know how to write programs.  I only know how to set computers up.  I stand on the shoulders of nerd giants.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

A Thanks, An Apology, and a Taunt
-----------
Thanks: Sandra and Clarence and Adina and Chel and Talia, for letting me come by and stay.
-------------
Apology: Roscoe,.I not only failed to answer your Taunting text about the buffet :) but I drove through from Ft. Smith thru Little Rock Friday afternoon. It was spur of the moment and I was headed towards Mississippi from my spot in Oklahoma (long way, long story.) I incurred the disappointment of Lady Chel that I didn't try to meet up with you that day, and the disappointment of Lady Chel is hard to bear.
------------
Taunt: Hmm, let's make that a double-taunt: Seth and Isaac, I go a IRL Chel-hug!  :P

John  :waving:

Chseeads

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on March 20, 2012, 08:06:23 AM

Apology: Roscoe,.I not only failed to answer your Taunting text about the buffet :) but I drove through from Ft. Smith thru Little Rock Friday afternoon. It was spur of the moment and I was headed towards Mississippi from my spot in Oklahoma (long way, long story.) I incurred the disappointment of Lady Chel that I didn't try to meet up with you that day, and the disappointment of Lady Chel is hard to bear.

John  :waving:
I am crushed beyond description. However all will be forgiven if you will keep Mini at bay while I demolish another buffet Friday. :ugly: Don't want that big galoot to get in my way.. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I am praying the power goes out. So I don't have to do any work. I can just sit here, and get paid.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 20, 2012, 02:11:14 PM
I am praying the power goes out. So I don't have to do any work. I can just sit here, and get paid.
That is the one single way in which my first job in southwest TN was better than my current job.  My first job paid less, was more stressful, no air conditioning, smoke in the break room and bathrooms... but every time a storm came through the power went out.  We had to wait a good 15 minutes or so for the lights and vents to come back up to speed. Where I work now, the power NEVER goes out.  Most infuriating.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

We have back up generators in the bldg so it is VERY rare for the elect to go off.  Can't afford for the switches to go down.

Heather

So the girl who got fired now wants me dead. Awesome.  I feel crappy enough about the whole situation and now everyone (with the exception of 1 girl there) I work with won't speak to me. I didn't even do anything except work a shift someone asked me to cover. Not my fault she had a long list of things she should have already been fired for. Not my fault my coworkers are drinking buddies with her. I'm half tempted to go ask for my job at Autozone back so I won't feel like such a leper......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

I know men and women are different so this might not work for you, but in that situation I would do the job, don't antagonize, but don't apologize.  If you did nothing wrong, don't worry about it.

At least it has worked for me.  I've been there.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Yeah, that too.  But as a guy, I was going to leave that to the ladies here.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

* MelodyB shoves Isaac out of the thread and *HUGS* Heather.

In other unrelated news, I am helping Ann give a girl named Heather a Bible Study tomorrow. :)

kmymbir

So that's what my Ian was saying!! The phone cut out so I was unsure what he meant. I am so excited that she is getting a bible study! Not fair that I have to miss it!!!
I wanna know EVERYTHING!!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

kmymbir

I call you my Mel :pound:, and there is my Silla, my bob, my Isaac, AND MY SETH  :freaky2:... Old habits break hard, at least it was not said to his face, I'm not a review typer. I just type and post, checking for errors come later.  :roll:
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"