News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Melody

So my Bible study lady/family has been spuratic in their attendance and I have been praying for them.  They ALL came today and the boyfriend/husband (They've been together for 17 yrs straight, have kids, file taxes together, are common law married but have never just gotten REAL married, so I'm not sure what to call him but they are getting married SOON), he came and during SS, decided he needed to be baptised (again? he had said he already had been baptised in Jesus name) TODAY.  So he got baptised, and prayed through.

After he had gotten the HG and someone came up and started harping on them about marriage and standards, he hadn't been back but one time.  So this was GOOD.  God is still working even when we don't seen Him.   The laaaaaasssst lesson of our Bible study has been waning as every time I've made plans with them to have it, something makes it fall through.  The devil has been fighting them. 

So they brought a friend, Tiffany today. She was all teary eyed, feeling Jesus.  She said she wanted a Bible lesson and my already Bible study lady says, "Let's just start the Bible study over and all do it together again."  So I'm excited, another Bible study and to finish the one I started!  I very much dislike not following through and need to see things completed. 

Sorry such a long post.  It was a good day today. ☺  OH and the Viet.pork chops were divine, got rave reviews.  They weren't weird tasting at all.  In fact I'm going to up the flavor next time.

taco_harvell

Wow what a night!!!! One of our young people got filled with the Holy Ghost and a Lady who has been backslidden for many years got filled..... All before the preaching started!!! What a GOD we serve!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

I'm gonna go to sleep...gotta get up early to go to inventory at Spencer Dollar General.... :roll:

mini

Good morning everyone.  Good weekend...glad to be back at work though.  Enjoying this rainy day.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Been up since about 7. Couldn't go back to sleep. Worried about someone. Waiting on a phone call. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Morning, all. We're about to head for Branson for a couple of days.  :clap: My browsing time here will be limited, since the demise of my laptop leaves me with just my phone. Therefore y'all HAVE to stay out of trouble. Don't let Mini lead you in the paths of mischieviousness as he is wont to do.... :nono:

Ta-ta, we're off.. *Roscoe skips merrily away.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 19, 2012, 03:09:25 PM
My browsing time here will be limited, since the demise of my laptop...
I grieve with thee.  :-\

In other news, it was a great day yesterday.  A long, tiring day, but a great one.  Now I'm waiting on word from a guy about a computer.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Two getting baptized tonight at prayer meeting..... PRAISE GOD

Excuse me while I shout!!

:clap: :clap2: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bustamove: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Hmmm... I just got a letter addressed to "Mr. and Mrs. Isaac (last name)"  I wonder if someone knows something I don't know...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman swung through our area and stopped for a brief visit last night. :)

Heather

Our only licensed vet tech got fired this morning so we are SUPER short handed. I've had to kiss my Tuesday's off goodbye BUT that means I'll be full-time. Hello awesome paychecks, benefits, and hopefully a raise! (only if a vehicle were included......)

I adopted a new cat Friday and she has been awesome. Blended right into my family. She's a solid gray (Russian blue if you want to be technical. We named her Athena.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

If I start walking now I might be able to make it....

I did just find out I'm NOT going to Baltimore in June BUT given the recent shake ups at work I still don't know if I can get off work...

Heather

That's was meant for the meet up thread. Is this Monday over yet?!?

Lynx

Bwahahaha!  This Monday has only just begun!  Hahahahahaha... haha... cough cough hack.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

At the church on an actual computer for the first time in ages. Got my Mopping and stuff done. Fixing to leave and go home to cook hamburgers.

AGGGG! If yall just knew all the typos and mistakes and how many times I had to use the backspace while typing this and the above! Its redicilious! Smartphones make you dumb! I forgot how to type on a real keyboard! Blah!

:hi:

Chseeads

Shew.  Home from work.  I hate work.  :smirk2:

I didn't want to do a horrendous unending day of it today into the night. 

Roscoe

Well. We have made it to Branson. The tornado did more damage than I thought, and it has caused me mourning. It targeted Starvin' Marvin's, my favorite breakfast. :cry: And my time away from y'alll might be longer than I thought. My motels internet is not working right. Life is good though. I'm sitting in Golden Corral, Branson edition.  May God bless their profits and have mercy on them, I ain't gonna.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Roscoe

Running in between buffet trips..... :freaky2:. Thought of isaac. Guy ahead of me in line at the buffett-in great danger because of that- was wearing five fingered (toed) shoes. Looked like a computer nerd too...lol. I nearly asked him if his name was isaac, then he moved and the steak took my attention... :laughhard:

Chseeads

Well, enjoy yourself or something.  I hear that's what a lot of people do on "vacation."

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

Storms heading this way. Should we be concerned when the weather guy keeps stressing to charge all your batteries?

MelodyB

If Jim Cantori doesn't show up, I wouldn't worry.

Oh wait...that's for hurricane season. Hmm

SippinTea

Happy Monday, everyone! :hi:

Yes, I'm wishing you a happy Monday. 'Cause while it's Monday for you, it's our Saturday. :bigcheese: And I desperately needed one. So. There you have it.

However, tomorrow is my Monday. So if I come in here whining, you can rub it in that's it's your Tuesday. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel