News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Dear lord. 

Ok so, my share for tonight. I finished the cupcakes, and rested a bit. My back is still hurting today and I think I overdid it. So I hadn't eaten since about 2 and I made a lovely Refried bean bowl with fritos and rice, and all the good stuff, and I was headed to go to my room to get my jammies on and watch some NCIS. Well apparently, the grate on the A/C fell off and was laying in the DARK hallway. So I'm walking down there in the dark, bowl of my dinner in one hand and water bottle in the other, and my foot hits the grate that is flat on the floor and I start to slide. I landed flat on my back, lost all my stuff in my hands and my dinner was planted on my skirt. I just layed there in the mess and thought I would die there. 

Dad hollered from the living room, and mom came to see what had happend. They ask if I'm ok, which I am...somewhat. So mom gets a towel for me, and then when I finally get up, and they had both disbursed, I notice that she had brought me a broom too. *sigh* 

She was back in her room in front of the TV, and I was left by myself. 

So I went to my room and changed clothes, and went back to put my clothes that have my dinner splattered all over it in the washer. Then back to the hallway. I scooped up all the mess as best I could and then proceeded to mop the floor with wet towels. 

I'm back in my room now, my back and neck are throbbing like a mugg, and I just want to cry. I don't even feel like going in there and finding something else to eat. 

*SIGH* 

Why does this stuff seem to happen to me? And why do I feel like no one in my own home gives a crud? 

Oh...and when I went to put my clothes in the washer, mom said "you should write a book called 'On the Way Down' and tell of all of your falling experiences." 

Thanks mom. That's great. Glad to know you care. :roll: 

I took this after I finally got up.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Thanks.

I feel better now. Although I went back to the kitchen, and nearly slipped again in the hall. Lord. But I got some cheese and ritz crackers.

Chseeads

Now on the big pic I see better what the deal was with the grate....great.  :smirk2:

Poor poopsie.

Your life as well as mine is fraught with unspeakable perils.

Chseeads

Chseeads

MelodyB

I think I hit my elbow on the wall or somewhere last night. It's kinda sore today.

But GOOOOOD MORNING!

I got homemade Mac and cheese for a party this afternoon, cupcakes for the youth party tonight, and I am excited! Gonna be a great weekend! Then my favorite Toehays are coming over for a lovely steak lunch tomorrow. My life is great! Despite all the troubles. ;)

I gotta keep telling myself that... Lol

SippinTea

Quote from: MelodyB on March 17, 2012, 02:16:19 PM
My life is great! Despite all the troubles. ;)
I gotta keep telling myself that... Lol

*grins in spite of feeling bad for Mel and her troubles*

Glad you didn't get seriously hurt, girlie!

The randomness from my morning:
~checked airfare to London for Sean
~turned the heat up 'cause I'm freezing
~gave the boys a mini lecture about being late for school - again - and how I may have to make them go to bed a half hour early next week, so's I can get them up half an hour earlier - since they can't seem to get moving in the morning and all. (I think just the threat of the idea will be enough to get them motivated. I hope. 'Cause I really don't WANT to get them up any earlier. *lol*)
~thinking about making tea or coffee 'cause I'm still cold
~need to get started on ToB orders for today
~need breakfast first, 'cause somehow I missed eating anything, what with planning a trip to London and all. *lol*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

kmymbir

Riding with my favorite Wilsons. Heading to youth, wearing green today, because if someone tries to pinch me I'll deck em.;-)
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

Melody

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

kmymbir

MelodyB

Nope. I was posting standing next to you. Can't help that you didn't notice. :P

Lynx

Hello from church.  Gonna be here most of the day, looks like.  I found out just this morning that our family swapped church cleaning weeks with the Austins and I gotta vacuum the whooooole thing when I wasn't expecting that till next week.  Add cooking for tomorrow's church dinner and hauling the old siding to the dump, and it's a fairly full day.

And the pastor asked me to preach tomorrow and I have no idea in the world what I'll preach or when I'll have time to study. 

If anyone is bored, suggest to them that they become a Christian.  Ever since I got into this God stuff boredom has become a distant memory.  Wouldn't trade it for nothin though.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

*raises one eyebrow at Mel* Uh, Dearie... everything okay? You don't generally go around screaming. At least not like THAT.

The Purple Fuzzy

Mountain Dew

Delight in the Lord...

kmymbir

SippinTea

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 17, 2012, 08:31:09 PM
Ruby, we have our air conditioner on here.

Crazy, huh?

Random sharing:
I am currently delighted with one particular child, and VERY irritated at the other. Funny how little things like faithfulness in small jobs and diligence and following through on assignments kinda makes that happen. Methinks when their dad gets home one is going to get a reward of some sort (he's really been going above and beyond lately) and another is likely to get a dad-lecture and an extra chore or two. *rWooby is trying not to growl*

Chseeads

Heather

Did my eyes deceive me? Was that Roxanne posting 2 pages back?!? :waving:

Still alive. Still working. Still vehicle-less. Alternator has new bearings andaster cylinder is going in tonight.

Oh....and I have a new cat. Her name is Athena. She was in the city pound (which we house) and her time was waaayyyy over due. I couldn't let her be euthanized. She's just too sweet....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali