It will be like Heaven, when I finally find Kevin, in Sharing 4-5-7!!

Started by MelodyB, February 15, 2012, 05:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

At the auction house they had Sara Lee coffee, about a one pound bag.  Grandma said it was good.  Uncle Fred said it was good.  Dad was in for Christmas and said it was good.  As one who normally does not drink coffee, I bow to their judgment and consider it good. 

So they had it available again tonight, same kind.  And Grandma's birthday is March 7th, and she really likes coffee.  Hmmm....

Got 11 bags.  :D  Don't any of you dare tell her.  If she does find out, I know which two of you have access to her phone number. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Quote from: HeatherB on February 26, 2012, 03:26:04 AM
so just brakes and new tires left for my car.
i even got to drive it around the block today.
so excited.
after i get it up and going good who wants a visit? lol
Come up to Salem, I know a rode where you can give the new brakes a work out once you get them. lol

I am sure my wife would be happy to see you as well.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

Sorry you're not feeling well, Jason. And congrats on the great grades!! :thumbsup2:

Heather - ME!!! But that may be a bit more of a drive than you were thinking of. ;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

Would you think I was insane if I told you I was going to be using potted meat in tomorrow night's Children's Church lesson?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Heather: ME!! I'm closer than Ruby! :P

I got beef stew started for tomorrow. In the crock pot. The mushrooms and beef are in there now, and the other veggies I'll add in the morning before I go to church. :) :fork:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

I actually like potted meat.

And tomorrow is my last day with the children. It's bittersweet. But time to move along. :)

Melody

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 26, 2012, 12:25:03 AM
Quote from: MellowYellow on February 25, 2012, 09:29:49 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on February 25, 2012, 07:09:11 PM
Apparently I am dealing with round 2 of the crud.

I must be popular with sick people or something, it seems they are always trying to give me what they have.

Yeah, cause I have never seen you ever say you're not sick or in pain or sleep deprived.
You must only remember those post or not read the rest. In the last week this is first time I have mentioned being !!
No no no.  As in they give u so much I haven't seen you ever say you feel good/healthy.  Maybe I did miss that.   

MelodyB

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

I hope Krissy comes to church tomorrow, so I won't be the only Alto again. Lol

kmymbir

You'll be okay, even when I'm there sometimes I'm not singing, hehehe you will not even notice I'm gone.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on February 26, 2012, 04:11:49 AM
I actually like potted meat.
You want these after tomorrow night?  I made the mistake of reading the ingredients and now I have qualms about even having the unopened tins in my van.   :-\

The topic will be God sees what's in your heart.  Illustration will be four bags, all marked "Something good" but three of them have potted meat.  The fourth one will have something good, like a pack of oreo cakesters or something.  We'll be talking about when David was chosen king above his brothers, what king Saul did to forfeit the kingship, the parable of the wheat and tares, the apostle Paul (and Ananias' reaction when God told him to go see Saul o.O )

Any of you ministers on this forum, remember back when you first started?  You would approach the pulpit with five pages of notes, and the sermon would only last half an hour?  People kept telling you don't worry, it'll get better, and you thought yeah, right.  Now I have four lines jotted down on a napkin, mostly as reminders of where I should go next so I won't skip any really good parts, and I find I have to trim it a bit cause it's too long. 

Do you ever miss those early days?  :-\
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Just so everyone knows...Starburst jelly beans are amazing. If you have a chance to purchase some, by all means, DO. Way better than regular jellybeans. WAY. BETTER.

Lynx

You think those are good, try jolly rancher chews.  Way better than regular starburst.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on February 26, 2012, 06:06:29 AM
Heather, come see me, or come to the meetup! :grin:
She DOES exist!  I thought it was just a forum fable!
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Lynx

I was already up, just not online yet. 

I got up, looked in the mirror and immediately regretted looking in the mirror.  I realized I'm UGLY!  Not just my early morning hair, my face is ugly.  Which is a good thing, because it means any friends I have are probably true friends.  I'm not rich, not good looking and not famous, so I don't have to worry about false friends.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I had full intentions of going to church....then mom called wanting a riding buddy to Knoxville. So I'm off on a trip to see my sister.

So the list thus far (in terms of distance) is The Harvells, Mel, Chel, and Ruby. I always wanted to drive cross country :)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Heather you could stop by here, but there's nothing much here to stop by for.  I mean *nothing* not even a particularly good restaurant around here.  It's on the way to Fuzzy and Chel though.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Fixing to be party time!  Got the pizza rolls in the oven, just waiting for the lesson to be over so we can have a party!!!!

Yay!

Got prizes too. These kiddos are spoiled. Hehe. :hypocrite:

Chseeads

I hope you had a meeting beforehand so you were prepared. 

Went to church, came home.

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Quote from: Chseeads on February 26, 2012, 05:36:14 PM
I hope you had a meeting beforehand so you were prepared. 

Went to church, came home.

Nope. No meetings today. I think we have a staff meeting with pastor next week though.

Well...party was AWESOME! The kids loved it! We had 11 in Sunday school today! And we have these 4 that are only "part time" students. They go to their other parents house every other weekend, and only come to Sunday school with us on these weekends they are with their mom, and then go to another church here in town for morning worship. It's complicated...BUT! I said all that to say this: this morning, I came out of the SS building after picking up Olivia from her class, and I was in the foyer, and overheard Haden (9) talking to his stepdad. He was saying "...but I don't want to go to our other church!!! I want to stay here! Can't we stay here? Please? Please!? I wanna stay here!! I don't want to go there...!!!" and on and on. The dad looked aggravated, and they did leave before we had our worship service, but I bout did a shout there in the foyer!  SCORE!! They want to stay with US! I was so happy!

Soon. Very soon. We will win that whole family. Awesome awesome awesome!

Bro Brian Angel was with us today, and he talked about fire a lot. He had my attention! It was a great service. Then I came home and ate the beef stew that's been cooking all night and day, and now it is NAPTIME!

Yippie!

:yawn:

The Purple Fuzzy