News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

It will be like Heaven, when I finally find Kevin, in Sharing 4-5-7!!

Started by MelodyB, February 15, 2012, 05:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

My Dad REFUSES to be cremated. And he also said that NO ONE in this family will be permitted to be cremated while he is still alive. He has cremated several people in the last few years, and he is not going to be a party to that. After he told me all the details, I don't want to be either.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Why?  I'd rather be cremated.  I think it's ridiculous how expensive it us to bury someone.

SippinTea

I don't have an issue with cremation, but I know a fair number of Christians that do. *shrug* And I'm with MY - with the prices to bury someone... well, sometimes it's not even an option.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Melody

If the apostles could be burned, filleted, chopped up.. Alive, then I'm not worried about this old body AT ALL after I'm dead.

MelodyB

It's not the Christian aspect of cremation that has Dad turned off...it's the physical act. He says that they put you in an oven, and after a day in there, all that's left is your bones. They take the bones out, put them in a grinder and grind them down into dust, and place it in an urn. That's all fine and good, but the grinder is never cleaned, and all your bones and ash are not accounted for, plus you may be in your urn with lots of other people who were ground up before you.

Dad says the process is nasty, and dirty, and with little respect to the deceased. He doesn't want any part of it for him or his loved ones.

Prices are high to bury. Higher than cremation, but you can get a decent respectful burial for a few thousand dollars.

I don't know. I have mixed feelings on it. But once I'm dead I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot. Just let me see Jesus and y'all can do whatever you want to my body!

SippinTea

Quote from: MelodyB on February 24, 2012, 06:15:35 PM
But once I'm dead I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot. Just let me see Jesus and y'all can do whatever you want to my body!

That's where I'm at. Right there. :)

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

MelodyB

taco_harvell

Prices are high to bury. Higher than cremation, but you can get a decent respectful burial for a few thousand dollars.

Where? I know from experience the cheapest of funerals run at the very least $5,000 dollars and that doesn't include opening and closing of a grave and a cemetery plot. After seeing what a funeral cost I don't care what they do with this old body after I am gone. Just toss me in the river with a rock tied to me. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

As long as you sing "Goodbye world, goodbye" at my funeral, I don't care what you do with the shell.  I will have gotten about all the use I can out of it anyway. 

Cheerful topic by the way.  I know, I know, I started it.  Didn't know it would go here though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Ok. I was wrong. I just asked Dad and he said the cheapest funeral and burial is at least $6,000.

And yeah, this is a great topic. Welcome to my world. Since dad got into this business, we talk about death and funerals every day. Lol

Doesn't really bother me anymore.

Chseeads

It's not the Christian aspect of cremation that has Dad turned off...it's the physical act. He says that they put you in an oven, and after a day in there, all that's left is your bones. They take the bones out, put them in a grinder and grind them down into dust, and place it in an urn. That's all fine and good, but the grinder is never cleaned, and all your bones and ash are not accounted for, plus you may be in your urn with lots of other people who were ground up before you.

Dad says the process is nasty, and dirty, and with little respect to the deceased. He doesn't want any part of it for him or his loved ones.

I don't know. I have mixed feelings on it. But once I'm dead I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot. Just let me see Jesus and y'all can do whatever you want to my body!

We're just gonna hose you down with Lysol and strike a match.  :P  That way you'll be clean, and cremated.... :P

Went and cleaned, came home.  Eating a RBP.

Chseeads

I wouldn't want to be cremated.  My dad does though.  Bleh... 

As far as that all goes though, I won't know anything about it anyhow so it don't matter....

Shoot...if I outlive my next of kin, I'll probably just end up falling dead and being eaten by birds before anybody finds my body anyhow. LOL

Melody

If that process bothered my family then I say let them do with what they did to Osama &other cultures. Put me on a wood raft, drenched with something flammable & light it. Send me off into the sunset on the ocean. 

Taco, if they tie a rock to me & sink my body, Hopefully it would be deep & where sharks or something could make use of my flesh.  I don't want to contaminate the water.

MelodyB

Now there's an idea! Lysol! I think I'll put that in my will. Lol

And I ate a RBB for lunch. I forgot to announce that.

taco_harvell

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 24, 2012, 07:36:23 PM
If that process bothered my family then I say let them do with what they did to Osama &other cultures. Put me on a wood raft, drenched with something flammable & light it. Send me off into the sunset on the ocean. 

Taco, if they tie a rock to me & sink my body, Hopefully it would be deep & where sharks or something could make use of my flesh.  I don't want to contaminate the water.
To late.... Just think of how many mobsters and drug dealers have been sleeping with the fishes over the years. lol You might have had a glass of water with a little Jimmy Hoffa in it. lol

taco_harvell

Headed to Truth Youth soon. Pray for the Youth Service tonight. Pray we see souls saved and lives changed!!

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 24, 2012, 07:51:20 PM
You might have had a glass of water with a little Jimmy Hoffa in it. lol
This topic just keeps getting cheerfuller and cheerfuller...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 24, 2012, 07:36:23 PM

As much organic crud as you eat, you shouldn't hurt anything. :P

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Can you imagine Rat's Nest being cremated?  Shew...just think of all that scorched hair stench.... :yell:

SippinTea

Aaaannndddd... it's another cheery day on GP. With strange topics, and stranger conversation, and strangest peoples. :D Yay - it feels like home.  :lol:

I need to go grocery shopping. But somehow I don't see that happening until Monday. Unless I can somehow come up with enough energy to go tonight after Chris gets home from work. Maybe. We'll see.

Randomness:
If any of you guys who liked to read as a child/teen would give me some suggestions for book titles to find for my boys, I would appreciate some ideas. I love the fact that they love to read. I don't so much love the fact that I have to be one step ahead of them on finding appropriate books. :lol: They recently read Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, and REALLY liked them. They love all 7 Narnia books. They love The Hobbit.

Chseeads

MelodyB

MelodyB

Er...ummm, I mean, SETH! How dare you! That wasn't funny!

*snicker*

;)