News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Seth, minus appendix, is back for more in SHARING 454!

Started by Lynx, January 10, 2012, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Or maybe I won't.  Did you know the USPS closes at noon on Saturdays?  I didn't, but I do now.

Man, I am batting a thousand with the postal service this week...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kmymbir

Well, for the latest update, I ran out of fuel last night. Had to coast to the nearest place and everything was shut down. I was stuck and mom refused to come get me. I ended up having to call my sister, ya know, there are some days that I really love my sister. Not sure how I will get to the church tonight, I may get off of here and start walking..... hmm....
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

MelodyB

Haha...I hope you don't have to walk!

She lives a good hour one way from our church, and that's if she was driving! Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Weirdos.

Went to see how the road are.  Mostly not too bad. 

I can't get up the driveway though. 

SippinTea

Sorry you couldn't get the cover yet Isaac. Your check arrived today, and since I figured we both put stuff in the mail on the same day, I was hoping to hear wonderful reports of how amazingly the cover fitted. And all that good stuff. :lol: Alas! Now I have to wait. :sadbounce:

Quote from: Chseeads on January 21, 2012, 10:20:15 PM
Weirdos.

King of the Weirdos.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

I got the cover yesterday.  Just haven't gone to the church to put it on yet.  I live a whole two miles from the church, so the trip is considerable, not something to be undertaken lightly... worse yet, my workplace is about 30 seconds drive from the church. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Okay I have something baking in the oven.  What that something is, I don't quite know.  What started weeks ago as an innocent little egg custard pie is now, as near as I can figure, more of a cheesecake.  A lime cheesecake at that.  A baked lime cheesecake.  The recipe is cobbled together from the tattered remnants of the egg custard pie, a lot of cream cheese and lime juice.  Go figure.

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
3.5 packs cream cheese (someone else had used the other half pack in something else)
4 eggs
lime juice, who knows how much... just kept pouring it and praying the stuff wouldn't curdle.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

You know, between all of Mellers posting about her cooking, and Psalm always posting about his cooking, and Fuzzbuckets knack for cooking, if I am EVER privileged to preach in your churches, I am telling the pastor, "I want to eat at those folks houses!"
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Definitely head on down to Fuzzy's house.  Get her husband to barbecue, her to cook and her younger daughter to make dessert.  :D

The aforementioned daughter hates handling bananas though, so request something other than banana muffins...  She does make a good apple bread and (from what I hear) cheesecake.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Too much lime.  Definitely too much lime.  Next run will be much better. 

In the meantime, if any of you care to stop by my house tonight you can have a bowl of chili.  I'm making it up as I go... so far it's ground beef, kiddley beans, a bit of barbecue sauce, a bit of spaghetti sauce, a bit of curry chutney and half the spice rack.  As I said, you can have a bowl... but it won't be good until tomorrow.  Fortunately I'm making it for tomorrow.  Gonna dump it in the two small crock pots that came with this industrial two-pot warmer I picked up at the auction house (I mentioned that earlier) and label one "Mild" and the other "Interesting" (hot.)
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I am so stinking proud of Kimber right now! Just sayin.

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Do tell! *ears perk up* Is she in jail for whatever it is you're proud of her for? If so, we'll all help post bail. At least, if it has anything to do with standing up for herself and... well, never mind. We won't go there until we know what you're proud of her for. ;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

kmymbir

So I made it to the church without breaking a sweat..
Anything is possible with God. I could possibly pass a chariot just like in the bible!!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

She is posting from her phone, in Wendy's, less than 10 feet away from me, and I taught her how....that makes me proud!

SippinTea

kmymbir

MelodyB

kmymbir

MelodyB

I just got home. A week with Bug was awesome, even if she was sick a bit. I miss her already.

Chseeads

Quote from: kmymbir on January 22, 2012, 01:29:43 AM
I could possibly pass a chariot just like in the bible!!

Wow, and they say kidney stones are bad.....  :yikes:

w2cch.

Sposed to warm up tomorrow, I will not be sorry to see all this stupid ice go.

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on January 22, 2012, 02:43:44 AM
Quote from: kmymbir on January 22, 2012, 01:29:43 AM
I could possibly pass a chariot just like in the bible!!

Wow, and they say kidney stones are bad.....  :yikes:

w2cch.

Sposed to warm up tomorrow, I will not be sorry to see all this stupid ice go.
That one made me laugh out loud. Good one.
"Do you sing at church?"