News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Seth, minus appendix, is back for more in SHARING 454!

Started by Lynx, January 10, 2012, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, I we have to wait till 2016 to vote for them, I'll write in Scott for 2012.  I know he's old enough.

mini

View on my night flight.  Downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma, from the air.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

I'll give her your hug tomorrow, Ruby. She is snoring right now. Her temp is down and she didn't throw up today, but she hasn't eaten a thing all day.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

That's about the only way I've ever seen Tulsa as pretty.  Love the photo. :)

Melody

:thumbsup2:  So neat.

I like Tulsa.  I love how many brick buildings there are everywhere.  And the Indian cowboys, and the Cowboy Indians...lol  Or maybe just that I have family there.

Nelle

It's been one of ~those~ days. I hope tomorrow is better.

Chseeads

mini

Thanks for all the kind comments on my photo.  Tulsa is absolutely stunning at night from the air.

We got to land at Tulsa International too.  That was WAY cool.  Air traffic control routed us through Tulsa, warning us of the "heavy" that was landing (Airbus in this case), cautioned us of wake turbulence, and then brought us on in.  When they started warning us about wake turbulence, my instructor (at least ill call him that, its his plane and hes the one whos wanting me to learn how to fly) says, "We better tighten our seat belts...this could be rough!"  Luckily, we went up a couple hundred feet and flew over the turbulence.

For those of you wandering what wake turbulence is, if you have ever seen a boat go across water, you know how the waves spread out in a V behind the boat.  Its the same thing in the air, the wind off those planes cause huge waves in the air that will toss a small plane all over the sky...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 20, 2012, 01:03:16 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments on my photo.  Tulsa is absolutely stunning at night from the air.

We got to land at Tulsa International too.  That was WAY cool.  Air traffic control routed us through Tulsa, warning us of the "heavy" that was landing (Airbus in this case), cautioned us of wake turbulence, and then brought us on in.  When they started warning us about wake turbulence, my instructor (at least ill call him that, its his plane and hes the one whos wanting me to learn how to fly) says, "We better tighten our seat belts...this could be rough!"  Luckily, we went up a couple hundred feet and flew over the turbulence.

For those of you wandering what wake turbulence is, if you have ever seen a boat go across water, you know how the waves spread out in a V behind the boat.  Its the same thing in the air, the wind off those planes cause huge waves in the air that will toss a small plane all over the sky...
Too cool. And how did your airport's new beacon look from the air?

And- I am up for the day. Got a small chore list, but otherwise I'm free.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on January 20, 2012, 01:11:35 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on January 20, 2012, 01:03:16 PM

Too cool. And how did your airport's new beacon look from the air?

And- I am up for the day. Got a small chore list, but otherwise I'm free.

It was easy to spot from Tulsa last night.  Thats 30 miles.  And it was pretty hazy last night too.  I will have to find a really clear night and go up to see how well I can see it.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Thank you for that update.  I had been wondering.

Lynx

Yes it is Friday, and I have much to do.  Gonna be a good day.  :)

And I started it off right already with two Cella's (tm) dark chocolate covered cherries.  I went to the store yesterday for something else but I couldn't pass them up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on January 20, 2012, 01:56:39 PM
* Chseeads kicks Roscoe in the shin.

:hypocrite:
* Roscoe shoots Cheese repeatedly,( to ensure the sights are on on his duty weapon) then drags the already decaying carcass to the chicken pen and serves them dinner. *  :hypocrite:

I had to take Lou her purse- she forgot it. You know, I guess it did look funny for some to see a short, fat guy wearing a bright yellow shirt and overalls walk into a store carrying a flourescent PINK purse.  :laughhard: I told her if she expected me to bring in her purse when she forgets it she WILL start carrying one that matches my outfits. Therefore, jean purses or black leather, preferably with a "Harley" or "Corvette" emblem is all that are acceptable.  I'm just glad Newsman and Mini were not available to document it. It made my long hair look masculine.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Roscoe, Roscoe, Roscoe, think strategically.  Camouflage is the ticket in a situation such as this.  Find an old tote bag or backpack to hide the purse.  When you take it in nobody will know.

As I have never been married I have never had this situation myself, but that's what I would do.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

That would've been a good photo op for People of Walmart. lol

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 20, 2012, 03:49:23 PM
Roscoe, Roscoe, Roscoe, think strategically.  Camouflage is the ticket in a situation such as this.  Find an old tote bag or backpack to hide the purse.  When you take it in nobody will know.

As I have never been married I have never had this situation myself, but that's what I would do.
:laughhard: Good Idea- but I have no shame. I've been married ten years, am attractive only to my wife,(sometimes I wonder about that) and care not one whit what people think of me.  :laughhard: In fact, it made me feel "special" today.  :P :laughhard:

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

I wonder if they caught him on the security camera.  I think we need a photo of him and the pink purse.

Chseeads

Got my surgery bill.  I was more than my inpatient bill.  Sweet Marie. 

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on January 20, 2012, 03:46:24 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on January 20, 2012, 01:56:39 PM
* Chseeads kicks Roscoe in the shin.

:hypocrite:
* Roscoe shoots Cheese repeatedly,( to ensure the sights are on on his duty weapon) then drags the already decaying carcass to the chicken pen and serves them dinner. *  :hypocrite:

I had to take Lou her purse- she forgot it. You know, I guess it did look funny for some to see a short, fat guy wearing a bright yellow shirt and overalls walk into a store carrying a flourescent PINK purse.  :laughhard: I told her if she expected me to bring in her purse when she forgets it she WILL start carrying one that matches my outfits. Therefore, jean purses or black leather, preferably with a "Harley" or "Corvette" emblem is all that are acceptable.  I'm just glad Newsman and Mini were not available to document it. It made my long hair look masculine.  :laughhard:
I heard Lou had the day off and you chose to go to Wal-Mart like this all on your own. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

Roscoe

I was wondering the same thing.
My day has been- well, not as planned. It was too cold to fix Rusty- besides, working on him might've caused me to break a nail. :laughhard:
  Instead, I cooked stew and attempted a pineapple upside down cake. The oven's been acting up, and apparently it's the lower element that is used to bake that is malfunctioning. The cake got cooked, but not like I planned- the top of it is a little darker than I planned. Lord, all of my household appliances have got to stop breaking down at once. :reaction: