News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

A Lifetime of Happiness for Wooby & Chris! That Is Our Wish In Sharing #436!

Started by Newsman, May 17, 2011, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

*grin* @ Bobby

:P @ Cheesehead

And now I really AM going to get some stuff done... ;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Mail was a flop. I'm expecting 4 more packages, and none of them came today. Blah.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

RainbowJingles

What you'xpectin', Mel Mel?

What's goin' on, Jenn Jenn?

Cheese: You can't hate Ruby.  It's against the rules of SethPlace.  :girltongue:

:hi: to everyone else

Morni...  errr...  afternoon, everyone!  :-)
Where HAS the day gone??  :o

Chicken cooked.
Dishes washed (and the sink half full again).
Laundry loads one and two (clothes) are washed, dried and hung up.  Still need to fold and put away the rest.  Blankets are in the dryer.  Not much longer to go before they'll be finished.
French toast casserole ready to put in the over for ladies prayer breakfast in the morning.
House organized and ready for the last phase of cleaning tomorrow.  :chairspinud:
Still gotta clean the floors in the kitchen and bathroom really good tonight, but it shouldn't be a big deal to just dust and straighten tomorrow.

P.S.  Would someone PLEASE pray that I can get a return call from the guy who might be able to repair my car at a price I can afford??  Otherwise it may be a long wait to get the money that the rest of the world at large wants for the job.
*sigh*

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

RainbowJingles

PF: it started overheating in February.  Went to Meineke to have an oil change and they said that it needs a new water pump, as mine is leaking.  On a PT Cruiser, the water pump is in the middle of everything, so the labor is pretty much 8 hours at California bay area rates.  The parts are less than 200 dollars, but to have someone at a garage do it makes the price jump to *cough splutter choke* prices.  It's been parked since February.  The last time I drove it, the short trip from the oil change place to my house had it nearly in the red.  Now the battery is dead, too.  *shrug*

At least I live near the train station and bus stops for several major routes.  And the grocery store isn't too terribly far away.  Thank God for suitcases with wheels!  The bank and the library are also within fairly easy walking distance, but I REALLY miss my car sometimes...  especially when I'm expecting company and would like to be able to take them on a tour of my town and the city.

There's a guy who lives nearby who says he can do it for a couple hundred dollars less than the garage (and I finally have that much money), but I can't get in touch with him.

Sorry.  That was probably WAY more than you asked for.

The Purple Fuzzy

No, that's not TMI, I was wondering.  Wish you were closer, we have a friend that's a mechanic.

Hope your friend gets back with you.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Chseeads on May 20, 2011, 04:16:29 PM
And I choose to feed you to a giant bear.  :P
Sorry Seth, I don't eat people! Just the non-talking animal types... Lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

PF: My Dad could fix it, but he's too far away.  Talk about frustrating!  *sigh*

And the guy that lives down the street is a friend of a neighbor.  I don't even know his name!  lol

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

SippinTea

Elona, I've been wishing there was a way to get your car up here, too. I've got friends who are mechanics as well. And most of them would LOVE the job, and just 'cause they want the work so badly would be likely to give a really good deal. ;) But alas! San Fran is a bit far away to tow. :updown:

*Hugs* to everyone having a rough day/week.

Becca! *attackhug just 'cause*

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

BeccaBoo

MelodyB

Lona, sorry you have car troubles, I totally relate!

I am expecting a new Otter Box phone case and three new charger cords. I am on my third charger now, and its SHOT! I have to hold it a certian way and be sure not to breathe wrong when I am charging it, so I ordered three cords so I'll have some backups and I got them for under $3 apiece, so I decided to get several! I'm tired of fighting this phone just to get a charge! AGGG!

Anyway.

On the way back now from our third and final graduation for this year! Thank God!

I'm tired!

BeccaBoo

Quote from: MelodyB on May 21, 2011, 02:13:33 AM
I am expecting a new Otter Box phone case and three new charger cords. I am on my third charger now, and its SHOT! I have to hold it a certian way and be sure not to breathe wrong when I am charging it, so I ordered three cords so I'll have some backups and I got them for under $3 apiece, so I decided to get several! I'm tired of fighting this phone just to get a charge! AGGG!

I totally did that also Mel...I got 2 chargers, and 2 new covers coming...LOL!

The Purple Fuzzy

BeccaBoo

kmymbir

It's the red hair... it makes you smarter than anyone else!  lol
[/quote]

Is this a compliment or should I been offended lol!

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

Quote from: RainbowJingles on May 20, 2011, 09:45:52 PM
PF: it started overheating in February.  Went to Meineke to have an oil change and they said that it needs a new water pump, as mine is leaking.  On a PT Cruiser, the water pump is in the middle of everything, so the labor is pretty much 8 hours at California bay area rates.  The parts are less than 200 dollars, but to have someone at a garage do it makes the price jump to *cough splutter choke* prices.  It's been parked since February.  The last time I drove it, the short trip from the oil change place to my house had it nearly in the red.  Now the battery is dead, too.  *shrug*

At least I live near the train station and bus stops for several major routes.  And the grocery store isn't too terribly far away.  Thank God for suitcases with wheels!  The bank and the library are also within fairly easy walking distance, but I REALLY miss my car sometimes...  especially when I'm expecting company and would like to be able to take them on a tour of my town and the city.

There's a guy who lives nearby who says he can do it for a couple hundred dollars less than the garage (and I finally have that much money), but I can't get in touch with him.

Sorry.  That was probably WAY more than you asked for.

If you are anywhere near Indio or Palm Desert, I have some friends that can do it for you.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

Quote from: RainbowJingles on May 20, 2011, 10:06:49 PM
PF: My Dad could fix it, but he's too far away.  Talk about frustrating!  *sigh*

And the guy that lives down the street is a friend of a neighbor.  I don't even know his name!  lol

Look at the bright side.  At least the repairs are still less than airfare for your dad to come fix it....

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm heading to bed.  We have to go cook for a small church's fund raiser tomorrow. :waving: