News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: Lynx on March 12, 2015, 12:49:56 PM
With the root canal I have scheduled for today, I heartily second the motion.

No, really. I'm not speaking metaphorically. I have a root canal scheduled today. This is a great day for an ugh.

I use a root canal as my standard if measurement.

If a situation arises and I can say "I had more fun getting a root canal" then I find a way out of the current situation.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

The only root canal I had was a piece of cake.  The nerve was already dead....the tooth was abscessed and that was horrrrrrrid, but the root canal procedure itself was simple as pie.....  I can't even remember if I was numbed for it or not.  It hurt afterward again until the infection was gone, but the actual root canal was easy peasy.

* Chseeads bludgeons everyone in the room.

Heather

They tried doing a root canal once. They gave up and just pulled the tooth. The roots were too twisted.

Rearranged my dorm room. Had to move some of the rm's stuff. She's gone to SC for spring break. I had a youth pastor once who taught me it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Probably not the only thing he wanted to teach to stick with me. But we has measured the room the other day. I had 62 inches across the room. She has 128 inches. She ended up giving up about 5 inches for me to swing my bed around. She'll be ok.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Made pizza for dinner. Crust (from a can lol), homemade sauce: blood orange olive oil with a little virgin olive oil, garlic, oregano, red pepper and salt, then it's all topped with bell pepper, spinach, shallots, black olives, pepperoni and mozzarella. Holy moly it's amazing. Keep getting tastes of the blood orange olive oil. Delish!  :fork:

Off work until Tuesday. Our Young Adult retreat is this weekend and it's a ministry one. SO HYPED!!!!  :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Lou had to take off earlier  than usual and get Chey from school. She has the pink-eye. :pound: That means I get to play Mr Mom tomorrow. And it's supposed to rain. I wanted to drive the new toy, but no. On the other hand, I got the handheld ham radios I'd ordered in and got them programmed today....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Despite the canned crust I would like to try that pizza.

The dentist said he had never seen a nerve that large in a tooth in someone my age. He had seen nerves that large in people much younger... either I have young teeth or I have a lot of nerve.  He said he had a habit of extracting the whole nerve in one piece, but he couldn't get all of that one in one piece. I asked him what would he do with it it he could get it out in a chunk, frame it? But apparently nobody would have wanted a framed tooth nerve on the wall.  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm at work. It's gray and rainy again today.  Texas needs the rain but I sure need some sunshine, too.

sunlight

So how was the root canal? How is your mouth?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Unpleasant but not painful (kinda like nails on a chalkboard feeling).

And sore but not terribly so. The most hurt is where he stuck me with the needle.

A friend of mine had a phone accident and lost 300 contacts just like that. Is it old fashioned nowadays to keep a .txt file on the computer? It's an extra step, true, but if something ever happened to my phone...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

It has rained all flippin' day. It finally stopped just a few ago. And  a certain pot stirrer that is well known here is within 20 minutes of being here...Ham Radio and Corvettes for the weekend. It'll be grand.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

In Tyler this weekend for our young adult retreat. We're in Longview now for the Sectional youth rally.

Hi Sandra!  :hi:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

Isaac, if I knew how to do that, I totally would. I don't even have my husband's cell number memorized. I'm toast if something ever happens to my phone. :/

Loooooong day today. Every time I have a day like this, I think of what I've heard Sandra say before.... when you have little people, the days are long but the years are short.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 14, 2015, 12:16:27 AM
In Tyler this weekend for our young adult retreat. We're in Longview now for the Sectional youth rally.

/me waves at Jenn :hi:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: SippinTea on March 14, 2015, 01:35:51 AM

Loooooong day today. Every time I have a day like this, I think of what I've heard Sandra say before.... when you have little people, the days are long but the years are short.

:beret:
. Tis true.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 14, 2015, 01:47:09 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 14, 2015, 12:16:27 AM

/me waves at Jenn :hi:

I met Edith tonight! (Chosen1)
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Was the rally at her church or the other one?

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh ok. That's the one she goes to last I heard.

Lynx

SippinTea: It's simplicity itself. On your computer go to Start and you'll find Notepad. It's a small text editor. Every version of Windows from '95 on has it. You use it like Microsoft Word, just more simple and with less features. Make a list and save it somewhere. It saves as a .txt file.

Or just right click on your desktop and select New File.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Yesterday was one of those days where everything in the world went again me [including a pothole large enough to swallow my tiny Toyota] but by golly I knew it meant church would be that much better. There is a youth revival at Gate City [where I've kinda ended up going the last few weeks]. The evangelist is Bro Chris Green from TX. I won't go into everything that happens but can I just say I'm so happy that even when we are feeling the lowest of low that God is still looking out for us and hearing the cries of our hearts. I woke up this morning still wanting to shout.

Day off. I'm going out to buy me a new skirt I've had my eye on and budgeting for then finishing up some homework and getting this room clean before my RM comes back and school starts back up. We only have 6 weeks of classes left and I feel like the professors are going to make us pay for missing 2 weeks for the snow.

Also, 2 months from today I get to wake up and marry my best friend  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Well. It's been an awesome weekend, despite the everlastin' rain. Yesterday evening, Min showed up and we got lost playing ham radio and talking about it....When Lou got in, she informed us that it was nearly 8 pm and we might wanna go eat.  We loaded up and went to Hardee's, enjoying the meal and companionship.
Then today, Lou had to go to work early, and I couldn't sleep. I got up when she did, at 4:45 am. When Slug-a-bed got up, we took the 'vette to town and around the area a bit despite the rain. Had a good time, with Mini only looking terrified one or two times, one of which was captured in a picture. But his camera is flawed, as it made me appear much more fluffy than I recall. However, it did accurately capture my smile while he was appearing scared silly........ :P
Anytime the Galoot and Roscoe are able to be in the same area is a good time. It's probably good for the world that his family moved away from my area a generation ago. Had we went through our teen years together, there possibly would've been jail cells occupied. :lol:

sunlight

For attempted murder by the people y'all irritated?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: Still cloudy here. I'm ready to see a little sunshine.