News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Beautiful blue sky with a large yellow circular object showing. It appears to be emitting light and heat. Not sure what it is, maybe an alien being? Whatever it is- it is welcome here.
I'm at work. Bah. I'm ready for a weekend.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Both yesterday and today it was gorgeous outside, slight breeze, sunny and around 73*...where was I at? Stuck in the hole of a kitchen at work. Sigh.

Church this morning then straight to work till after 9pm...straight home and gotta be back at 7am. I am so sick of this deli that I could SCREAM! I want out so bad! PLEASE let me back up front to cashier again!! 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

But you're so good at cutting the cheese they love you in the deli.... :hypocrite: :P

As for me....  Same ol' same ol' here basically....  Got 40 million things that need done and I'm 63 years behind schedule. 

Dad is always in an awful shape in one form or another.  Continued prayers are appreciated.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on March 16, 2015, 04:49:10 AM
Both yesterday and today it was gorgeous outside, slight breeze, sunny and around 73*...where was I at? Stuck in the hole of a kitchen at work. Sigh.

Church this morning then straight to work till after 9pm...straight home and gotta be back at 7am. I am so sick of this deli that I could SCREAM! I want out so bad! PLEASE let me back up front to cashier again!! 
why did they move you from checker?

Assuredbyfaith

Only four days till vacation!!! Come on, come on, come on....!!!!!

I'm so tired, burned out, worn down, fed up...I probably won't do anything but be lazy for nine days!!! Although, I have been looking forward to doing some spring cleaning!!! 😉
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Chseeads on March 16, 2015, 05:13:24 AM

Dad is always in an awful shape in one form or another.  Continued prayers are appreciated.

Thoughts and prayers!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 16, 2015, 05:47:54 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on March 16, 2015, 04:49:10 AM

why did they move you from checker?

Because several people quit at one time and they asked me to help them out, since originally I applied for that position, they put me in there. But as a cashier, I loved it and I changed my mind about the deli. Since I've been in there...about 5 weeks now...ppl have been hired, last a few days am quit. I'll never get out unless they can keep help!

MelodyB

And Seth is right...they love me in there cause I don't have to be trained. I have been doing this kind of stuff since 1999 and I have done it ALLLLLL. They want me cause I can do anything that's needed with minimal instruction. I guess I'm valueable...a blessing and a curse of you ask me. :smirk2:

BTW...so far only ONCE, ONCE have I had to slice some meat on the slicer. There isn't a high demand for it here like there was at Winn Dixie...we sell hot meals mostly here. Not cold deli stuff...we have it, but it doesn't sell much.

Roscoe

Back at work. Had to drive the Canyon in today- I was at church last night and was talking to a young man in our church when I noticed that the right rear tire has cord showing. :o If Mini and I'd known they were that bad, we both would've had scared faces.  :biglaugh: Good thing I have new tires ordered....now they need to hurry up and get here.  :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 15, 2015, 05:05:56 PM
Beautiful blue sky with a large yellow circular object showing. It appears to be emitting light and heat. Not sure what it is, maybe an alien being? Whatever it is- it is welcome here.
I'm at work. Bah. I'm ready for a weekend.
:sing:
Mister Blue Sky
Please tell us why
You had to hide away
For soooo long
:sing:

It has also been cloudy and raining here in west TN for much, much too long. With all the snow we had lately and all the days the schools have been out, I was surprised they would make kids go to school last week - I mean really, couldn't they see all those clouds?  It could have rained at any moment! :P

Okay, that's my sarcasm quota for today. But now the sun is finally shining here.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Isaac, re: the phone numbers thing.... I thought you were talking about a simple way of transferring data from the phone to my computer. Of course I COULD type it all out manually, but it might take me a million years or so. :P

Aaaand we're back to having issues with the Subaru. So tired of it. We may just end up getting something different. Not exactly how I wanted to be using our tax refund, but... *shrug*... we may need to. We shall see.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

Had to deal with a guy on the phone today who wanted to order a remanufactured turbo for his Subaru. Tried to tell him a reman turbo is a bad idea. He wouldn't listen. Even had to bump it to my boss. Which was a good thing too. I was tired of talking to my ex-husband. I don't think he realized it was me.

Beautiful blue skies here today!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

HeatherB considering it would have been much easier to just let him buy the remanufactured turbo, I have to admire your kind heartedness and ethics.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Or if you have an Android phone, just backup your contacts to a Gmail account.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on March 16, 2015, 06:46:10 PM
SippinTea: There are ways to do that too.

http://www.techhive.com/article/125519/article.html
Wow, that's an old article.  It talks about Alltel and Cingular and those have been absorbed by other carriers for quite a while now. lol

I just went back and looked again.  That was written in 2006.

Lynx

I quick-googled up a solution from my phone. Now that I'm on a real computer I'll find something better.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Here's one way. You'll need to buy a USB adapter though.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5780700_copy-cell-phone-numbers-computer.html

Basically the USB adapter is a SIM card reader.

If you have an android phone open the google play store and search for "back up contacts."  You'll get a lot of programs (apps) and most of them will be free.
PLEASE NOTE: I have not tried any of these... I do it the old fashioned way. However... Super Backup looks good and it's free. Has a 4.4 out of 5 star rating too. The free version comes with an advertisement banner - if you want to pay just to get rid of the ads you can, but the free version seems to work well.

MCBackup also looks good, and seems to have no ad banner for the free program. It has a 4.1 star user rating.

And the list goes on. Contact Backup, from TopOfStack Software, is free and looks good. Also a 4.1 rating.

All of these save the contacts as a file, and you can save the file on your phone and transfer it to your computer, or email the file to yourself, or do whatever you want with the file. If you need to restore contacts or transfer them to another phone, open the file and it will essentially give your phone the contacts it needs to fill your address book back up.

Oh, and some of these programs have an iPhone version.  For all you mac/iStuff users out there.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Rather pleased here, today. It started when I discovered the schedule for next week is posted. My week long vacation is on it. :P  As we have a somewhat hard and fast rule that no one gets vacation during session, I had assumed it was denied, (I had put in and been approved sometime ago contingent to session being over) since session is NOT over.  But they gave it to me- and lou and Chey are off for spring break, so we are going out of town. :freaky2:
Then, after that pleasant discovery, my captain enlisted me to take a patrol car to a shop two hours away...not only did I enjoy the ride there and back it 1) got me away from the building and 2) it torqued my sergeant, which delights me to no end, as I consider him an incompetent idiot. Having held that position in another department, I know how that job should be done, and he isn't even close to doing it well. Were I evaluating him as his boss, he'd not like the report, I promise.

Lynx

Two questions Bro. Bobby:

1. Why is the car shop two hours away? Isn't there somewhere closer that could fix cars? Couldn't you do the job yourself, motorhead that you are? Or is it a warranty thing and you have to take it to a dealership shop?

2. Why would the sergeant care?

3. Which way are you going out of town? To the east perhaps?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

1) It is body damage that was caused by an arkansas highway department worker. They want it fixed by the company we bought the car from- I suspect someone higher up is friends with the dealership owners..

2)  Monday is our short day...only three of us from 7 am until 9, so he was shorthanded. This meant he had to do something other than sit and think up ways to cause me grief.

3) Unknown. We have kicked around everything from heading north to Branson, West to Route 66 in Rusty, or on to the Grand canyon, or east to Nashville, then north to Bowling Green. We will probably decide the day we pull out....

Lynx

I would mention that if you head east I'm right on the way... and Shiloh Park is right near here... that is I would mention that, but I don't want to influence you to go any certain direction, so I won't mention that.  :hypocrite:

I won't even mention that one place really near where I live serves the best fried catfish ever (whole fish, not fillets) and the best pan-fried chicken livers ever, or that another place has some really good pork barbecue, or that there's a good all-you-can-eat chinese buffet near here, or... nope, not gonna mention that.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB