News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:pound:  for the record- it AIN'T pink! :pound:
Jenn, had my wife been with me, we would've tried to meet up and buy you dinner- but she was at home. As far as your city- Lord, girl, I'm glad you love it, but I'm a country boy. I couldn't get outta that place fast enough, even with a Corvette. And Fuzzy-Wuz, if'n ya'll had been back torwards Sherman, I'd have loved to stop. The other issue was my driving partner, which limited me from gallivanting around. I did try to text Newsman, as i came right through his town, but the number I got from germ- my phone crash had eaten several numbers, of which his was one- my phone kept say was a noneworking number. Oh well, I was kinda time limited anyway.
The new ride runs like a dream, rides like a log truck, corners like it's on rails, and got 28 mpg at 75+ mph all the way home...until I pulled out of the local car wash and hit the gas a bit strongly. That teenage stunt dropped the mileage down to 27.8...but lord was it worth it. :-)
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

It's more of a love-hate type deal. For the city I mean. Lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 07, 2015, 04:20:44 AM
It's more of a love-hate type deal. For the city I mean. Lol
Well, for me last night it was a hate-hate type deal. :lol: First time in years I've been through Dallas, it's dark when I get there, I'm having to keep an eye out for the correct route which I really don't know where it is, traffic sailing by me, and I'm hoping I don't wind up in a bad neighborhood where I will have to use the gun I am carrying. Add in the Chinese restaurant buffet deal and, yeah, I disliked it..:lol:
But I will admit that I liked it much more this morning after finding and buying my 'vette- and seeing the view of the Dallas metro skyline vanishing in my rearview mirror..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I try to stay outta Dallas too... or any big city, for that matter.

mini

Of course, Roscoe lives in a town of 34.  And that number includes 4 dogs, 3 cats, and 11 cows.

His idea of a traffic jam is driving behind Mr Jones on his 1984 Sears lawnmower to the post office.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

34?!? We had a new family move in?!?
And for the record, Mr Jones' lawnmower is an '85 model, Smartypants.  :hypocrite: Morning, all. Yes, I did just act like a 12 year old and peeked out the window to ensure myself that I wasn't dreaming and that my dream car was here....now I'm fixin' to go to a ham radio swap meet.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Indeed it is. Nearly 60 here. I have went to the hamfest, met with a friend and took our vettes for a cruise, and just generally had a grand time. but they are calling for rain tomorrow...

SippinTea

Had 8 kiddos playing in the backyard this afternoon. It was *slightly* chaotic. LOL! But we had a great time.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

mini

Ugh....

This whole daylight savings time thing is especially rough this morning.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Daylight savings time is stupid. I want my hour of sleep back. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's raining.
I'm glad it'll be light longer. ::girltongue:

Heather

I haven't had to worry about daylight savings since I've been pretty much awake since Friday night. Talking to a couple of friends and doing light research online, I fear I have a gluten allergy going on. I've had some issues off and on but chalked it up to gallbladder and heart burn issues. But once you look at all my symptoms over time, it's probably gluten. I need Mellow to come back. I need help!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 07, 2015, 10:46:53 PM
Indeed it is. Nearly 60 here. I have went to the hamfest, met with a friend and took our vettes for a cruise, and just generally had a grand time. but they are calling for rain tomorrow...
Okay... I know a hamfest in this context is a ham radio fest, but I can't help thinking of a barbecue cook-off. Especially as up here people usually do pork barbecue, where down there it's usually beef barbecue. 

Add to that the nature of the person who posted about the hamfest... I can easily see Bobby driving his corvette to a "hamfest" so he can enjoy a plate of western style ribs and show off his car.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 08, 2015, 07:08:13 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on March 07, 2015, 10:46:53 PM
Okay... I know a hamfest in this context is a ham radio fest, but I can't help thinking of a barbecue cook-off. Especially as up here people usually do pork barbecue, where down there it's usually beef barbecue. 

Add to that the nature of the person who posted about the hamfest... I can easily see Bobby driving his corvette to a "hamfest" so he can enjoy a plate of western style ribs and show off his car.
I'd tear up that kinda hamfest too. So, when ya gonna host one?  :P
And it's started to mist. :pound: That means my new baby will be dirty tonight. it wasn't looking like rain when I drove it in. :sadbounce:
But it's a good day anyway. Chey is getting baptized tonight.

Lynx

Well... with the rain on the outside to get the corvette and the baptismal tank on the inside, both your babies will get baptized. Now I guess you could dunk the chihuahua in the tub to get all three of your babies baptized.

Sorry... hush Lynx.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Gloomy rainy day here, too. My new automotive baby is at home. She don't like the rain...lol. And I discovered what the cafeteria here at work calls "Parmesan Chicken". They take the leftover spaghetti from last week, put the let over chicken fried chicken breast from the week before on it and melt a slice of cheese on it. Not what I was hoping for. :smirk:

Geri

Looks like winter may have finally broken here. *crosses fingers* I really hope it has because I am SICK of the snow!

I got some really good news recently about baby #2. When I went for my anatamy ultrasound, they said the umbilical cord had one artery instead of two, which causes them to look closer for other problems with the baby. Since my dr had me go for the ultrasound so early, there were some things they couldn't see well enough to verify all was good. I was initally scheduled for a follow up ultrasound every 4 weeks for the remainder of my pregnancy to track growth and look for any abnormalities, but when I went to the first follow up, they were able to see everything they couldn't see the first time around and confirmed everything is 100% on track and normal. They don't want to see me again until 32 weeks, though it's up to the discretion of my dr if she still wants me to have the monthly scans. Hearing that took a HUGE weight off of my shoulders.

Also, I went this weekend for my glucose and iron level tests. I've never had issues with my blood sugar levels, even during my first pregnancy, but it seemed like my dr was convinced there would be issues this time around.

Got my results back today, and they are perfectly normal!  :clap:

The Purple Fuzzy

Assuredbyfaith

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Ashlee

So today I registered for classes.  I'm going for a certificate in Medical Billing and Coding.  I was going to finish a degree in Psychology, but I decided this will be a better fit for me.  I could work from home even! 

I've also been on the phone all day long. Ugh.  First with the financial aide department, then registration, then with my mom, then with the VA and now Xfinity.  I'm about to turn my phone off.  I don't think I've talked this much all year. lol

Now gotta clean...or take a nap.  I haven't decided yet. lol

Assuredbyfaith

I need to be sleeping; however, I can't seem to fall asleep!!! Tonight is not going to be a fun night at work...not that any night is a fun night at work!!! 😡
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"