News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

It's a very good day here. First shift is a lot easier on the furnace line than 2nd shift. One of the two people on the other end of the line offered to stop the line if I got behind. On 2nd shift, you just have to scramble to keep up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 23, 2013, 04:32:08 PM
That's right!  It is almost Christmas.

14 weeks.

I personally think anyone who reminds others of how many days/weeks/months it is till Christmas before the Friday after thanksgiving should be jailed.

Forever.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Well, dont everyone go all quiet on that point.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:stupid: As the smiley says, I am, indeed, in full agreeance with Stupid. :ugly: I hate to think about Christmas before Thanksgiving. In fact, I dislike thinking about it after Thanksgiving too. Bah, Humbug.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

:couch: peeking in but don't have anything interesting to share.

Melody

Well if we plan in gong anywhere or buying anything or having a specia meal, I have to save up. So it may not matter to you affluent folk but it was on my mind today that along with my growing kid that need winter clothes and that the heat bill will be going up, and thanksgiving is before that, there are 14 paychecks to put aside from.  It isn't wise and I hate the conviction that we are struggling after the holidays because we didn't use the brains and $$ He gave us, to be wise/stewardly.

Roscoe

WHERE'S THE AFFLUENT FOLK?!? I'm gonna hit 'em up for a donation. :lol:
If I think about it, I get depressed. I'm lucky that we have a three paycheck month before Christmas. That'll provide our few little gifts and a good Christmas dinner. If it weren't for that we'd be hosed. Here lately, we are staying so close to the bone that I couldn't put back a few bucks a paycheck if I had to. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Not to mention someone keeps eating up the apple butter over there...

I also would like to meet these affluent people.  I'm going to be running on a shoestring going to GC, and thank God my father is going with me.  He'll pick up half the cost of gas and room.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Well Roscoe Maxamillion, I'm being optimistic. Nathan is working construction so weekly paychecks aren't a given.

BUT my God is so good to us that all the extras really don't matter. We'll be celebrating no matter what! 

Some of the time I'm embarrassed at how sad our finances look that I don't want to sound chronically poor minded by always saying how God brought us through again... But good Lord, He so has!  Idk how we've made it, and able bodied through it all. OH that I could bear lots of good fruit and make Him proud!!

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 24, 2013, 02:47:51 AM
Well Roscoe Maxamillion, I'm being optimistic. Nathan is working construction so weekly paychecks aren't a given.

BUT my God is so good to us that all the extras really don't matter. We'll be celebrating no matter what! 

Some of the time I'm embarrassed at how sad our finances look that I don't want to sound chronically poor minded by always saying how God brought us through again... But good Lord, He so has!  Idk how we've made it, and able bodied through it all. OH that I could bear lots of good fruit and make Him proud!!
Trust me, I know all about sad looking finances.  :biglaugh: God has blessed us SO much though....But I promise, WHEN we get some of the unwise choices I've made paid off, we will not get back into a hole this deep...
Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 24, 2013, 02:29:53 AM
Not to mention someone keeps eating up the apple butter over there...

I also would like to meet these affluent people.  I'm going to be running on a shoestring going to GC, and thank God my father is going with me.  He'll pick up half the cost of gas and room.
LEAVE MY APPLE BUTTER OUT OF IT! I know you are just trying to figure out how to finagle some.  :pound: :pound: (Related to that, I have a guy here at work that says he thinks he can get me a couple of bushels of locally grown apples. Apple Butter, here we come. :fork:)

And in sharing- Good morning all. I am back at work. Nothing tremendously special go on in life right now. Other than the fact that I am now in trouble with Bro Wilson. My Uncle is coming down this weekend and bringing his kids and grand kids, as is my aunt, so we are gonna have a little family reunion. Unfortunately, this is also the weekend for an Arkansas fellowship meeting. Due to the family coming in, I won't be going to the meeting, which Bro Wilson really wanted me to. Oh well. Truth be told I really couldn't afford the tank of gas it would take to go to it anyway, to say nothing of the babysitter.

MelodyB

Hello everyone!

Been a great weekend! We had three baptized and some amazing church! Yesterday was long and busy, and I wasnt able to check in.

I babysat for my Livi and Kira all day, and that was fun. Dad had another surgery at the spur of the moment that we knew nothing about until it was planned and they were about to take him into the OR, but at least Mom got off her rear and went. Now she knows how it feels to be there completely ALONE for HOURS while dad has a surgery. She left me like that last year when he was in here and I near about went crazy being there that long by myself.

Then after I got done with the kids, I came home and cleaned up and Allan and I had planned a dinner date out. We went, but we should have went straight to the ER. Before dinner.

A car fell off a jack yesterday at his job, and crushed his left hand between the fender and  the tire. He was very fortunate that someone was nearby and could raise it back up. It was pretty brusied and swollen, but he convinced me it didnt hurt and we could go on our date...By the time dinner was over, I could SEE the pain and we ended up waiting in the ER from 7:30 till after 10pm. Its not broke, but he really did a number on it.

Today Im washing clothes, and going shortly to get my phone fixed. Last night the speaker decided it wouldnt work. So Im gonna see if they can get it taken care of.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

MelodyB: With regard to smartphones, my aunt Ann keeps forgetting to take hers out of her pocket and she keeps washing it in the washing machine. When she goes to get a new phone they keep trying to sell her an expensive one. She tells them, "No thanks, I just wash the cheap ones. A cheap one will wash just as well as an expensive one."
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Well I didnt have to go to the phone place after all...It was 8:30am and the phone magically started working again. The Phone place didnt open till 9, so I didnt go. Its been fine ever since.

*shrug*

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

It kept saying the headphones were hooked up. But there was no headphones plugged in, nor had there ever been on this new phone.

Lynx

If it does that again, insert a headphone cord plug, then pull it out. Maybe it will register that the headphone has been unplugged.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

My husband's phone was acting wonky kinda like that and the connection was loose inside.

Lynx

Can I take a wild guess which person took the phone apart to check it?   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

He had replaced the screen in the IPhone and didn't get the wire in snugly, so he took it apart and fixed it.

Heather

Work. Homework. Church.

Pretty much sums up my life currently.   :cool:

I go for my endoscope on Thursday if you'll remember me in your prayers. Thanks.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Guess we (my family) have made the devil mad

Two wrecks, a breakdown in the middle of the freeway, a slashed tired and health stuff.
Jesus be a fence!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

The lady who last spring told me Brandon was full of devils came up and told me congradulations tonight on our engagement...I'm taking it in stride and moving onward..

Homework then maybe sleep. Why did I go back to school again?.....  :roll:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali