News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 20, 2013, 02:54:45 PM
MelodyB:  "So you would know" by Brooklyn Tabernacle?  Or perhaps "I never lost my praise" by the same...
I love both of these... Especially the second one.

We are doing "oh what a mighty god" by the steeles? Is the new song we are learning to sing.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Is that the one that repeats "Oh what a mighty God... we serve" as the chorus? 

Born as a babe in Bethelehem's stable
The king of all glory came down to the earth
Raised up in Nazareth, the son of a carpenter
Preparing himself for his salvation work

Or something like that...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

The reason I ask is because I found that song on an old mix tape many years ago, really liked it, but I never knew who sang it. It's still sitting in the "Unknown" folder.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

*considers getting out winter clothes*

I don't know why but summer's 65° and fall's 65° feel totally different. When fall moves in, there's like an extra chill under the temperature.  I remember enjoying this temp at the beginning of spring/summer.  Now I want to bake and drink more hot tea. 

The Purple Fuzzy

It's still raining here! :D

Maybe they will be able to drop the burn bans.

Roscoe

Raining here as well. Bah.  :pound:

I don't like rain on my days off. Not only does it make for a dreary day, but it renders my relaxation technique (cruising in Rusty) invalid, 'cause his one little wiper makes it unenjoyable to cruise in the rain, plus the added risk of someone banging into him because of the rain.
And the ham radio generally is rendered less than enjoyable over the weather noise. That leaves- eating, a good book and a computer. The internet is slow- thus reading and eating. I've read all my books a few dozen times- thus eating. And you all know what I look like, and that is the LAST thing I need to do all day. But I am anyway. :P
Hope y'all are enjoying life.  :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I'd killlllllll to be off on days it rains. BEST, most relaxing days ever!

I've been running around IN the rain today. Getting a cake. In and out of that store.
In and out of Olive Garden for manager's meeting lunch. In and out of the managers meeting place.

I've been soaked today. More than once! lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

You watch the video?  The metal scrapes the pavement when it turns. Somebody got ripped off.  Lol

Have any if you made snickerdoodles with cinnamon chips in them?  I am wondering if that will be 1. Too much sweetness or 2. Too much cinnamon?

Heather

I survived my 1st week back to work. It was touch and go there for a bit.

We are getting the rain tomorrow. Which is interesting because it's the weekend of Rhythm & Roots. A big outdoor music festival in my hometown.

Brandon had 5 teeth pulled today. He's good for now but the numbing hasn't wore off. I feel like we're gonna have an interesting weekend. Lots of mashed potatoes.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Fuzzy: I saw that car on Yahoo News, and immediately thought the clearance was not enough. Sure enough, when I watched the video, when it made a turn it scraped the ground.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Kim

Hello all!!! Been working and canning, haven't had time to post.  And Bobby,  did that by any chance happen to be daddy's truck that hit the deer?  Seems you forgot to mention that to me when we talked earlier. Guess you had more important things on your mind.....such as the home made apple butter.  What do ya'll think about this....  I canned only 8 pints of that stuff, and my little brother thinks he should get at least 6 of them.  He THINKS he's THAT special.  Hr even threatened to break into my house to get it. :o  Talk about feeling safe just because your little brother is a cop..........

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on September 21, 2013, 03:19:40 AM
Hello all!!! Been working and canning, haven't had time to post.  And Bobby,  did that by any chance happen to be daddy's truck that hit the deer?  Seems you forgot to mention that to me when we talked earlier. Guess you had more important things on your mind.....such as the home made apple butter.  What do ya'll think about this....  I canned only 8 pints of that stuff, and my little brother thinks he should get at least 6 of them.  He THINKS he's THAT special.  Hr even threatened to break into my house to get it. :o  Talk about feeling safe just because your little brother is a cop..........
Uhhh...Oops. Yeah, it is Daddy's truck that nailed the deer. And re: Apple Butter- YOU made two major mistakes. 1) you only canned 8 pints and 2) you brought one to me. Really?!? One?!? Like that has a chance of satisfying me. As delicious as that stuff is, you should be REQUIRED by law to make me 8 pints per week.

And I didn't threaten. I merely told you that such an event could take place, and you'd have only circumstantial evidence to prove it was me.  :hypocrite:
Obviously, I have your best interests at heart, warning you of burglary risks and what have you. :hypocrite: Being such a kind caring brother should be fairly compensated. Maybe with another couple pints of Apple Butter?  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

That must be what passes for a subtle hint in Arkansas.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 21, 2013, 05:13:07 AM
That must be what passes for a subtle hint in Arkansas.
Betcha it works. To a degree.. :P

Heather

first night in a week that I wasn't wide awake after just a few hours. was nice to   sleep through the whole thing.

rains here.

Roscoe

Well. It is morning, and has dawned a beautiful, sunny, cool morning at that. And I slept til 9. My day is going mahvelously, dearies...
:p I found, the other day, a remaining loaf of Isaac's sourdough bread hidden deep in the deep freeze, under some other things. Having thawed it out and enjoyed a couple of fresh pieces, I was using it sparingly, until Lou attacked and made garlic bread with some of it, and sliced the rest of the loaf up. Since it was sitting so forlorn in the fridge, it got turned into some of the tastyest French toast you can imagine. That, and two Petit Jean hot dogs, sliced in half longways and fried, comprise the delicious breakfast I am now enjoying. :fork:

Lynx

I slept until 9am too.  Then some @*$# fool called on the phone and woke me up.  Oh well, I needed to get up anyway - I'm no longer a second shift dude.  Last night was THE last night.  I'm a morning person by nature... I can adapt to nights if I maintain the same sleep schedule during the weekends, but if left to my own devices I'm a morning person.  Now I am finally on day shift.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 21, 2013, 02:57:14 PM
I slept until 9am too.  Then some @*$# fool called on the phone and woke me up.   I'm a morning person by nature... I can adapt to nights if I maintain the same sleep schedule during the weekends, but if left to my own devices I'm a morning person.
Yeah...it looks like it.  :P About like I am . :laughhard:

But seriously, congrats on the dayshift move...

Lynx

Today is not "left to my own devices," today is "I worked night shift last night."  You better watch it or I'll start calling and waking you up at 6am. :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 21, 2013, 04:26:59 PM
Today is not "left to my own devices," today is "I worked night shift last night."  You better watch it or I'll start calling and waking you up at 6am. :P
If it is 6 am...by all means call me. cause I am late...lol

Lynx

By all means call you at 6am... on your day off?  You sure about that?
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

It's a good thing our closest Hobby Lobby is 40 minutes away. I'd get into serious trouble there. I did buy my 1st hot glue gun though. I'm way to excited about it. Got alot of good decoration ideas for the wedding though.

Chili in the crockpot. [Thanks rain].

Brandon is already in a much better mood after having the teeth pulled.

Now onto homework. [Quit distracting me GP!]

MelodyB

Quote from: Roscoe on September 21, 2013, 02:43:50 PM
Well. It is morning, and has dawned a beautiful, sunny, cool morning at that. And I slept til 9. My day is going mahvelously, dearies...
:p I found, the other day, a remaining loaf of Isaac's sourdough bread hidden deep in the deep freeze, under some other things. Having thawed it out and enjoyed a couple of fresh pieces, I was using it sparingly, until Lou attacked and made garlic bread with some of it, and sliced the rest of the loaf up. Since it was sitting so forlorn in the fridge, it got turned into some of the tastyest French toast you can imagine. That, and two Petit Jean hot dogs, sliced in half longways and fried, comprise the delicious breakfast I am now enjoying. :fork:

:o

What kind of freezer you have? Your clothesline broke?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?