News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

http://thedailyworld.com/sections/news/local/south-aberdeen-woman-2-children-found-dead-indiana.html

Cheese, I'm sure you've seen this one in the news, since it happened in Indiana. So sad. The woman was a good friend of a lady in our church. No one knows what happened, and nothing is making any sense. Things just aren't adding up.
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

I saw somebody post an article about it on FB and I read it, but I hadn't heard anything anywhere else so far. 

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on March 18, 2013, 01:24:53 AM
Goodnight.

Round two of hot toddy. We will see if this one works. I'm desprate to try ANYTHING after 8 solid days in this bed!
Lands....Mellow and her well known love for herbs, now Mel's gone to drinking whiskey... This place is beginning to sound like a combination pool hall/ old folk's home, what with the partying and the pains. :ugly:

Back at work....Wooby I just read that article....They will focus on the father right off the bat- just the way they do. That's terrible. The article mentioned a break in, but I didn't get whether it was at the home they were currently living or the vacant home in their former city? Strange case...

And finally- Meller, if I drive the vipers out, some of you will be unhappy with my driving as you ride along. :P :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Froofroo coffee has been my kick lately. It doesn't make me feel as healthy tho. Lol

Looks like a dark rainy day today which is fine by me because I am exhausted. Long weekend of Hannah's slumber party, visiting a marble demonstration/store because the milk farm is booked tip JUNE! Cleaned the church, going to church, had company, got a perm by a friend and then more company stopped by till idk when cause I finally went to bed and feeding people what felt like nearly the entire time.  Lol.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

In the words of Seth, I dreamed like a nutbox last night.  Not nightmares, just weird. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

First days of a perm feel Afrocentric... Lol.

Chseeads

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Don't you know you're  the first person I thought of?  Almost sent you a hilarious pic but didn't want to make you jealous of all this hair... Same for Roscoe. Although an edit pic if switched hair would've been entertaining. ☺

MelodyB

Hot toddy is a hoax. That junk does NOT work for me. So contrary to Roscoes update about me, I won't be turning to the whiskey anymore. It didn't do ANYTHING.

After I had my little nap last night and was wide awake, I didn't go back to sleep till after 4:30am, and although I felt ok all night while awake, I woke up just as bad as I've been all week.

I am so sore from COUGHING!

I may end up in the ER this afternoon. If for nothing else, some antibiotics. Since there isn't a feed store nearby.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I have a relative who keeps a bottle of whiskey in the closet, had the same bottle for years and years.  Says it's for when she has a cold, but either she never takes any when she has a cold or she takes such a small dose that after 30 years you still can't tell by looking at the bottle whether she's even had colds at all.

Maybe it just helps you not care that you're sick...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I still say try the Robutussin, it's cheaper than the ER. ;)

MelodyB

I may do that too.

I think the whiskey is supposed to let you sweat it out. It sure makes you sweat! But apparently not enough for me. Lol

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 18, 2013, 04:01:14 PM
I still say try the Robutussin, it's cheaper than the ER. ;)

Or Delsym - it's kinda high in price ($10 or so even at Walmart I think).
But it's good stuff.

If you've had it 8 days though Melbs...you might need to see a dr.
Sounds like bronchitis or something like that.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

This...is just dumb. Why would anyone (other than Isaac) smite me?
I don't even post enough to get this many smites. :roll:
Blessing Meter +66/-130
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Don't blame it all on me.  I smote you a grand total of two times.  I don't normally bother with bless/smite.

If I did bother with it, Seth would have many, many more smites than he currently has.

Speaking of which, why do *I* have so many smites?  You been busy Jen?
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 18, 2013, 04:40:46 PM
Don't blame it all on me.  I smote you a grand total of two times.  I don't normally bother with bless/smite.

If I did bother with it, Seth would have many, many more smites than he currently has.

Speaking of which, why do *I* have so many smites?  You been busy Jen?

Nope. The only time I smite you is when you call me "Jen".
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I'm drying some clothes I washed, then I guess I'll get a shower and see if I feel good enough to go to the store and get some robittussin and Vicks vapor rub. I read online that not only does Vicks work when rubbed on your feet, but that it also helps cure nail fungus, which I have as well. So it's a two for one deal.

I guess if I'm not better by tomorrow, I'll have to go to the ER. I just hate to. That's why I put it off so long.

If the coughing would clear up, I could handle the rest of it.

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 18, 2013, 03:46:59 PM
Maybe it just helps you not care that you're sick...

That. Unless a person drinks regularly, it is good for yes, knocking you out and making you sweat.  For most people who are relatively healthy, they mainly need REST to let their bodies fight off the virus.  When someone isn't healthy there are so many variable things contributing, it's anyone's guess.  It's not any worse than taking any other meds that don't help in the long run either unless it's a stumbling block for somebody. Though, I'll turn to Ib profin before whiskey since I don't even know how to buy whiskey... lol

I'm going to stop there before I rant.   :P

Lynx

MellowYellow:  The way you buy it is, they have liquor stores that I've seen people walk into and come out with it - but not in every county.  And usually when they have them in one county and the next county over is "dry" somebody will build a store right on the county line... We've had a bar called the Wagon Wheel right on the county line since before I was born.  Never seen the inside, but the outside looks like a dump. 

Why do they make bars so that you can't see inside?  What are they hiding in there?  Drug deals?  Orgies?  Secret society meetings?

Jen I only call you Jen when you deserve it.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

mini

:frownshake: @ the toe fungus comment.

It was not the thing I should have read while eating lunch...

:ugly: