News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Back at work.....feeling a bit green, mayhap my body is feeling this way in honor of Saint Patrick's day...
Quote from: MellowYellow on March 17, 2013, 12:43:52 PM
Happy Roscoe Day everyone! 

Leprechauns are so fun.
:fire: :fire:  You are only seeing leprechauns because of your herbs. We They don't exist.  :hypocrite:

And in other news- please pray for the family of Brother Jerry Rowley. Just got word that he went to be with the Master early this morning. An awesome man of God, and a huge influence on me in my youth, he was someone who had an enviable walk with God.  He will be missed.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 17, 2013, 01:08:54 PM
And in other news- please pray for the family of Brother Jerry Rowley. Just got word that he went to be with the Master early this morning. An awesome man of God, and a huge influence on me in my youth, he was someone who had an enviable walk with God.  He will be missed.
Philippians 1:23-24 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

An odd mix of emotions when a person like that dies.  You can't deny he's earned the rest, but you kinda wish he had abode in the flesh a bit longer for all our sakes.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

St Patrick was a Christian who brought the gospel (as he knew it) to an unchurched area. He used a clover to explain the trinity, and thus became a Saint.

At least that's what I learned from VeggieTales!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I agree with Isaac, anyone pinches me & they'll be picking themselves up off the floor.

Kim

:hi:  You know, for some reason i can't remember St. Patricks Day ever being on a Sunday.  I'm sure it has, i juust don't remember it. 

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 17, 2013, 12:50:29 PM
First person who pinches me gets decked.  I refuse to wear a certain color just because it's a certain day. Besides, I never did get clear on what exactly St. Patrick did.

He got soused on green beer than ran around pinching everybody.

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on March 17, 2013, 02:09:21 PM
St Patrick was a Christian who brought the gospel (as he knew it) to an unchurched area. He used a clover to explain the trinity, and thus became a Saint.

What did he do with four leaf clovers?  And why do people use it as an excuse to get wasted in his honor? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

I don't really know all of it...watch the little video I posted and then google the rest of your questions.

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 17, 2013, 05:33:28 PM

What did he do with four leaf clovers?  And why do people use it as an excuse to get wasted in his honor? 

They're Irish and Catholic.  Getting wasted is what they do.

:smirk2:

Chseeads

And the rest of the wannabes just go along with them for the ride.

Heather

Quote from: Chseeads on March 17, 2013, 08:36:43 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 17, 2013, 05:33:28 PM

They're Irish and Catholic.  Getting wasted is what they do.

:smirk2:

I blessed Seth for that comment. As someone who has very Irish roots [and Catholic until they stopped going to church altogether a few generations ago] I can confirm his statement.

I guess my hazmat suit didn't work. I tossed and turned all last night with a fever and sore throat. My joints now ache and such. I think Mel made me sick. Or at least I'm blaming her  :cool:

And as someone who has green ink injected into her forearms and shoulder, I do not get pinched on this day. If someone dare does they shall them get punched.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

:ugly:

I have a canker sore in the area between my teeth and tonsils. 

Heather

The historian I live with informed me that St Patrick is also supposedly the man who threw all the snakes out of Ireland.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

MelodyB

Quote from: Chseeads on March 17, 2013, 10:31:20 PM

I read that as "teeth and toenails."

:o

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on March 17, 2013, 11:22:23 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on March 17, 2013, 10:31:20 PM

I read that as "teeth and toenails."

:o

That's acurate as well, but not nearly as specific.

MelodyB

Goodnight.

Round two of hot toddy. We will see if this one works. I'm desprate to try ANYTHING after 8 solid days in this bed!

Chseeads

Melody

Might as well make it St. Roscoe Day!  Drive those brood of vipers out, brother!

Church was fantastic. Pastor has been covering what he calls the DNA of apostolic Pentecostalism. Today he preached on wonderful oneness. He did a great job!  I'll have it up on the website in the next day or two.

MelodyB

Wide awake. But I feel a bit better.

Personal note: Glasses are only effective if your contacts are out. If you forgot to take contacts out before going to bed, glasses won't work properly. Don't wear them.

I woke up and I was like "wow! That stuff not only healed my flu, but I can see! It's a miracle!" SMH. I apparently never took my contacts out. Dummy.

MelodyB

And I dont mean that it healed my flu completely...I do feel a bit better, but I'm not THAT sure yet.

I'm gonna go back to bed now.

Lynx

If you can see that well with contacts and glasses both, wear them both.  Go with what works.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I can't. When I put on the glasses, it was like whoa! I can't see! So I momentarily thought my vision had been restored cause my glasses made it WORSE.

Having both my contacts in, and my glasses on, was a worse result than not having either one.