News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on March 19, 2013, 02:05:45 AM
I am rubbed down with Vicks, I've taken all my cough meds, my bed is clean, I think it's time to sleep.

Got a new season of DGL to listen to, and I'm set.

Goodnight!
hope you get to feeling better.

Melody

Quote from: minnesota68 on March 19, 2013, 01:29:18 AM
My banking is confusing me...lol  Either I am reallllllllly bad in the red, or reallllllllly in the black.  LOL

Apparently everything that went through checking today is showing up twice (once withdrawn, the other just showing that it needs to be withdrawn).  Which is disturbing to say the least.

I hate it when they do that.  Banks can be so slow.  I think they must do that if most people don't take the time to reconcile their monthly statements?

Newsman

Aha! A successor to the Princess Approved Pink Miata!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

Quote from: minnesota68 on March 12, 2013, 01:13:45 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on March 12, 2013, 11:27:04 AM
Morning, all.   :waving: Back at work....Kimber, prayin' for ya..
As promised, here is a couple of Pics of the new Mrs Roscoe ride....I shot them with the cell phone quickly before getting ran over in a parking lot, so they ain't the best quality.

Interior is kinda hard to see, but it is black suade inserts in black leather...

Did you get to drive it to work today?  And why in the world would you go with Pink?  Did you miss the Miata?

Newsman

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 19, 2013, 03:16:59 AM
Quote from: minnesota68 on March 19, 2013, 01:29:18 AM
My banking is confusing me...lol  Either I am reallllllllly bad in the red, or reallllllllly in the black.  LOL

Apparently everything that went through checking today is showing up twice (once withdrawn, the other just showing that it needs to be withdrawn).  Which is disturbing to say the least.

I hate it when they do that.  Banks can be so slow.  I think they must do that if most people don't take the time to reconcile their monthly statements?

I don't think that has anything to do with it.
I have 2 bank accounts and I've never not once ever reconcile a month statement.
I don't even get statements in the mail. I don't even print them offline.
I have an app for both bank accounts. All I have to do is log in (usually daily) and that solves that. Lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

That seems exactly why they would do that Jenn.

Lynx

MellowYellow:  I never balance my checkbook either. I just take what was direct deposited, subtract what I spend, and always round up to the next dollar when I'm estimating how much I spent.  I stop when my calculations get to 0 or when I've bought all I need to buy, whichever comes first.  Because I round up, I always have two or three bucks left in my account, which is playing it safe.  Every month or two I check my balance and find a few dollars I didn't know I had, which is nice.

MelodyB:  A quick google of "How to drink without getting sick" turns up the fact that you shouldn't drink liquor on an empty stomach.  About an hour before you drink that hot toddy you should eat something, preferably something high in protein.  This website I found makes the observation that this is why bars have dishes of salted peanuts on the bar for patrons to snack on - so they can drink more without getting sick.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I won't be drinking that mess anymore. And both times I had eaten a couple hours beforehand...I only got sick the once. The second time I was wide awake.

Kinda like I am now, only I didn't drink a toddy. Lol

Still coughing...even after another dose of the Tussin stuff, and still stuffed up, even though I can sti smell the Vicks.

Lots to do tomorrow, so I gotta get some sleep. But that looks impossible. I slept 2 hours and now I'm wide awake. Blah.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Woke up to Mike playing guitar at 3 am this morning. He's been in a horrid mood the past week and finally started perking up a bit yesterday but seriously?!?!? All I can say is thank God it's an acoustic!

Work. YWCA. And my first Zumba class. Also a friend of mine has talked me into doing a road race with her this summer. I gotta get my keister in gear.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

I'm up. Got up and took dad to dialysis for the first time in a week. I feel a bit better, still coughing my head off though, and congested. I dont think that Tussin is helping me at all, PF.

I've already done a load of laundry this morning, chopped bell pepper and onion and browned meat and made a spegetti sauce to cook all day in the crock pot, cleaned the kitchen and got the diswasher running.

I had to do laundry cause in one of my coughing fits last night I woke up and had puked all over myself. Again. So I had to get up and change clothes. I'm so glad to see 4am this morning where I could get up cause the night was a horrible one. :smirk2: I really have to get to get over this sickness...it's driving me (more) insane!

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on March 19, 2013, 03:50:03 AM
Aha! A successor to the Princess Approved Pink Miata!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:
:pound: :pound: As with the Miata- IT AIN'T PINK!!  :pound: :pound:

And now that's out of my system- good morning,y'all. Life is good even if it is early in the morning. And I'm at work. Without Dr Pepper. Lord, I am depressing myself. :sob:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on March 19, 2013, 11:20:04 AM
I'm up. Got up and took dad to dialysis for the first time in a week. I feel a bit better, still coughing my head off though, and congested. I dont think that Tussin is helping me at all, PF.
Mel, I'm sorry it's not helping.  You got the kind with the DM?  It usually loosens up the phelgm.

The Purple Fuzzy

How's it going, John?  You've been hiding.

Morning, all. :hi:

MelodyB

Yep. The DM.

I would be ok if the coughing would just STOP! I feel so much better, I just hurt from coughing. My throat, my chest and back muscles. Seriously, enough is enough.

*sigh*

Chseeads

MelodyB

Melody

Mel, the warmest water you can stand, gargling will soothe your raw throat. Adding honey will also help soothe it. It works 2 ways. It draws out the bacteria (that's making it itch to cough) and kills it because of the heat and then the warmth conditions and relaxes that flesh.  You can do it as often as you'd like with no ill affect. 

It'll give a bit of relief no matter what however, if your cough is due to congestion, that will still cause you to cough. If you have marshmallow root at your store, it should be super cheap, then that in hot water and drinking it will coat and soothe your throat too.

Lynx

:thumbsup2: for honey.  Wonderful stuff.  Did you know honey is the single only food that will never spoil?  Well... that, and those BK fries the guy has on top of his fridge. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

I thought you kept them on the fridge.  Or was that just the first few years?
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Lynx

Oh well.  To quote Robinton, "I have been wrong, and will be wrong again.  Infallibility would be boring."
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Question:  I heard on the radio that anyone under 4' 9" had to have a booster seat.  I wanted to know how that worked with Roscoe being a police officer and all...does the booster seat he uses get in the way of his job?

Lynx

Yes, my grandmother gets some teasing about needing a booster seat.  She is shorter than Roscoe.  (No comments, Chel.)
"Do you sing at church?"