News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 16, 2013, 02:08:34 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on March 16, 2013, 12:11:43 AM
I dislike dachshunds. I don't trust a single one of them.

That is the kind that my friend always gets and they ALL end up biting someone!  Baahh

Oh no wait, may be they have schnauzers.  Lol
:pound: :pound: You are slandering my favorite breed of dog, no doubt because they are short. You hater! There's a huge difference in those shaving brushes with tails (schnauzer) and a sweet, loyal,weenie dog... :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Hi! I love y'all

Byeee

Romper I talk about Wv.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 16, 2013, 02:40:59 AM
Quote from: MellowYellow on March 16, 2013, 02:08:34 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on March 16, 2013, 12:11:43 AM
I dislike dachshunds. I don't trust a single one of them.

That is the kind that my friend always gets and they ALL end up biting someone!  Baahh

Oh no wait, may be they have schnauzers.  Lol
:pound: :pound: You are slandering my favorite breed of dog, no doubt because they are short. You hater! There's a huge difference in those shaving brushes with tails (schnauzer) and a sweet, loyal,weenie dog... :hypocrite:
I must agree. Dachshunds are sweet.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

I may have to turn in my man card after today.  I'm going to go on a two-city thrift store crawl.  I'll be looking for dress pants in particular, but whatever I happen to see that is interesting in general.  There's a Goodwill at the end of the route I plan to take, so if I don't get enough dress pants elsewhere Goodwill can make up the balance.  Plus, Goodwill is open later than all the thrift stores.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

So yeah. My last post up there was kinda off because I was intoxicated. Lol

Seriously. Judge if you want, but dad was SURE he could cure me with a concoction that his dad used to make for him, a mix of lemon juice, honey, ground ginger and burbon whiskey.

NASTIEST STUFF I HAVE EVER TASTED.

I downed the whole glass in one big chug a lug, and dad looked at me, laughed and said "well, if you're not dead by morning, you wont be sick anymore!"

Lies. All lies.

I went straight to bed. Since I've never drank, I didn't know what it might do to me, so I went to bed. For the first couple hours I was so hot! Dad said I would sweat the sickness out, and I was drenched in sweat. And I was getting a bit of a buzz. I was totally in a great mood. I tried not to text too much, just Seth, cause I was afraid of what I might say. I did however apparently post on GP. Lol

So after about 2-3 hours, I was still wide awake, and the good feeling was wearing off. I never went to sleep at all during that time...about 1 am, the coughing started back up. WORSE than ever. Way worse. I ended up puking up every possible shred of anything in my body. Then I was dry heaving and really hurting my throat.

I was crying, hurting so bad. Screaming out. Mom finally came in and handed me a pain pill and a bottle of Gatorade. I was in too much agony to argue about my dislike of pain pills. I took it and within 30 minutes was sound asleep. BEST SLEEP EVER. Slept straight thru till after 8:30 without dreaming or anything.

But this morning I am sick. Really bad again. As bad as the beginning of the week. Can't breathe. Coughing coughing coughing COUGHING, and throat is raw.

I do not have a slight bit of whatever a hangover might feel like...but I really dont think I'm going anywhere for the next few days.

UGH.

Oh, and I'm out of Kleenex. I have used toliet paper. It's hurting my nose. :sick:

There you have it. Confessions of a drunk addict. Lol

The Purple Fuzzy

Have you tried the robutussin DM? I get the generic at Wally World . It loosens the junk in your throat where you can cough it up.

Lynx

My grandma said her husband prescribed whiskey when she was sick once.  Only time she ever got drunk.  She was SO mad at him...
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Well I don't think I was DRUNK. I just got a good buzz. Lol

And the robutussin DM, no I don't have any of that. Dad can't go to the store by himself, and mom won't allow anyone to be sick alone, :roll: so she is "sick" too, as usual, but REALLY won't get out of the bed this week to go anywhere.

And I didn't even think about it yesterday when I actually was out.

Heather

oh a hot totty. i've never personally had one but i have friends who swear by them.

my apologies for usual the technical term for a procedure we do at work. i coulda just said we stick our finger up a dogs bum to give them relief instead of having their glands rupture and abscess...would that have been better? i mean it's not technical or even medical, but whatev.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Lol!

Yes, a hot toddy. Dad swears it works, but I guess I proved him wrong. I *might* try it again tonight. Maybe.

Who knows.

SippinTea

BOL! @ Heather.

Poor Mel.  :sadbounce: :headrub: I wish I could bring you all sorts of GOOD home remedies, and chicken soup, and decent kleenex, and tuck you up in bed with a cup of EBT.

*Hugs* Sandra. I miss you. A lot.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

I wish you could too!

I feel better and don't cough as much when I am sitting upright. I too a shower and got dressed about an hour ago. Kinda wish it was bedtime already so I could go to sleep. I don't need to nap now, its too late in the afternoon for that.

taco_harvell

Well I have to share a testimony!!!

A few weeks back my wife started praying for me some cloths. (She is tired of trying to keep my 2 pair of dress paints, 4 dress shirts, 1 suit, and 1 sports coat clean and ironed.) She prayed "God I know you can supply my husband with some nice cloths".

Well fast forward to two weeks ago and I am at Timothy Group at the campgrounds. (Quick ad get your hands on Bro. Greg Godwin's Over Under factor amazing teaching.) I see Bro. Cunningham and go over to hug his neck. I was talking to him about how much weight he had lost and he asked me what size shirt I wear because he had a "few" he would send me.

Well I get a call to go over to my pastors house when I got off work yesterday to pick up some boxes. They lost my address so they sent it to my pastors house. When I got there I found three boxes that wouldn't even fit in my van. I had to take the boxes and empty them into the van to get home.

Well I started opening stuff and pulled out dress shirt after dress shirt after dress shirt. I then look on the pocket and notice the initials on the pocket M.L.E........ then it hits me I am holding Bro. Ewing's dress shirts. I then find multiple suits, pants, jackets, and to top it off God saw fit to give me three pairs of his overalls.  Excuse me while I shout:

:clap: :bouncy: :bustamove: :hyper: :pray: :rotfl:

The Lord used Bro. Cunningham to bless me with more cloths than I have ever owned, and more then I could ever afford to buy. We are talking major major blessing.

To top it off all these shirts were tailor made for Bro. Ewing who was shorter than me. Yet the sleeves, neck, and everything look as though they were made for me . WOOHOO that's how my God works!!

Thank You Jesus!!

The suits have been worn by both Bro. Cunningham and Bro. Ewing. I am praying some of the anointing which was on those two are still in these mantles!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

You did better than I.  I didn't get a single pair of dress pants today during my outing.  I did get some other stuff I need though, like sweet peas, tuna, toothpaste and a 40 watt guitar amp.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Went to work, came home.

Going to church.

Sposed to snow tomorrow.....the nightcrawlers were right...they were out again last night....as well as the frogs.

Anyhoo.

SippinTea

Wowsers, Jason! That's fabulous! I'm excited for you. :D And hurray for your wife who prayed! :cool:

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

Quote from: SippinTea on March 16, 2013, 11:15:01 PM
Wowsers, Jason! That's fabulous! I'm excited for you. :D And hurray for your wife who prayed! :cool:

Yeah, have her pray for me some money.....

:P

Went to church, came home.

I need to attend unto the fowl.

MelodyB

Chseeads

MelodyB

I waited for you, SmoopsiePookins, but alas, I slept alone once more. :sadbounce:

Melody

Happy Roscoe Day everyone! 

Leprechauns are so fun.

Lynx

First person who pinches me gets decked.  I refuse to wear a certain color just because it's a certain day. Besides, I never did get clear on what exactly St. Patrick did.
"Do you sing at church?"