News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Pile a few more beans on your plate...second helpings abound in SHARING 4-7-8!

Started by MelodyB, January 27, 2013, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Prayers for Heather...
And I am thinking of some of y'all today. It is "Home School Day" here at the capitol and I have about 200 home school students and their families here. Most of them brought baked goodies for the legislators. I'm  thinking about becoming "Senator Moses" for the day.....some of those treats looked tasty.  :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: minnesota68 on February 12, 2013, 02:13:03 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 12, 2013, 12:48:22 PM
And in sharing- It's my Wednesday, thank God. And it seems every morning is more difficult than the last when it comes to rousting myself outta bed.  :pound:

Its probably gravity holding you in...  :ugly:

For this, I bless thee.

Lynx

By the way, if anyone ever happens to be in east Tennesee, particularly in Johnson City, Greeneville, Kingsport or somewhere in that area, and you see a restaurant named "Fatz" go there.  We were there Saturday night and it was goooood!  I got a pot roast sandwich, asparagus with lemon butter sauce and peach cobbler.  The pot roast tasted like a real pot roast, not that deli meat that they call roast beef in the supermarket.  The asparagus had never been in a can, it wasn't mushy.  The peaches in the cobbler had obviously never been canned, they didn't have that flavorless taste that canned peaches have. 

And yes, I asked the waitress to bring me my dessert first.  It was the best part. 

As a measure of how good the restaurant is, it earned my uncle Fred's rating of "Man, that was flat-out good!"  If he says it's good, it's good.  If he says it's flat-out good, you should make a detour to try it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

We have a FATZ in Bristol too.

My appointment is Friday at 1130. I'm not allowed to eat anything after midnight Thursday. It's gonna be bad. By 1130 my blood sugar is gonna plummet and I have to drive myself because their isn't anyone who can take me.

Not gonna make it to church this evening but I'm gonna watch it online and go on Sunday.

Trying a pasta recipe off Pinterest.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Hello peoples. Checking in.

Last night around 6 I got a call from a friend who is here visiting her mother who just got out of the hospital. She was driving around and wanted to know if I wanted to hang out with her. She needed a friend and an ear to listen to her woes. So she picked me up, we went to Waffle House and I drank 5 cups of coffee. No joke. We talked and talked, and then went to her moms house and talked and talked. Then she brought me home around midnight, and we sat in the church parking lot in her car and talked and talked till 2:30am. Shew! So I finally came in, and went to bed, slept an hour, and had to get dad up. Took him to dialysis, and came back and crashed. At 10:00am I went to pick him up and we went grocery shopping. Then I piddled around here for awhile.

I currently have a meatloaf in the oven and I'm killing time on GP waiting on it to finish. Gonna make mashed taters and spinach to go with it. Can't wait! I'm starved and I love meatloaf!

But I AM tired. Serves me right for staying out all night, but it was worth it to catch up with an old friend. The coffee was worth it too. :yum:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on February 12, 2013, 10:58:34 PM
We have a FATZ in Bristol too.

My appointment is Friday at 1130. I'm not allowed to eat anything after midnight Thursday. It's gonna be bad. By 1130 my blood sugar is gonna plummet and I have to drive myself because their isn't anyone who can take me.

Not gonna make it to church this evening but I'm gonna watch it online and go on Sunday.

Trying a pasta recipe off Pinterest.

Get some glucose tablets maybe....  Tell the doc's you're concerned your sugar my drop by time of the appointment and see if those are alright...  Or somethin... 

What kind of test are they doing? 

MelodyB

Oh. When I got in last night the dumb dog had pooped in my room. On the rug beside my bed. I just moved the rug and left it. Not my dog. I REFUSE to clean up after it.

So I told mom this morning. Told her that he pooped and of course she started defending him. "it was raining all day, he wouldn't go out, it's not his fault BLAH BLAH BLAH..." I stopped listening. I went to pick up dad and when I got back, the poop was gone and my rug was in the washer. There was a strong bleach smell in my room.

I was satisfied.

rootbeer

The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

MelodyB

Heather...I'm still waiting on an answer to a question I text you a few weeks ago...

Exactly how much chocolate would be needed to take out this dog?

mini

:o  Wow Mel....

So I was listening to Ray Stevens "Its Me Again, Margaret" and when he sang the line "And call the same lady on a pay telephone" the first time, our phone rang. It was the NRA. *sigh*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

SippinTea

MY - Never heard of them, but they sound interesting.

Heather - *HUG*

Quote from: MelodyB on February 13, 2013, 12:12:43 AM
Exactly how much chocolate would be needed to take out this dog?

I don't know. But I am totally willing to turn scientist, and try a few experiments.  :cool:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

:clap:

Text me when you get in the parking lot and I'll come unlock the foyer door. ;)

Heather

With how evil that dog seems to be, regardless of the amount of chocolate you give it it'll probably just vomit and have diarrhea everywhere. Then you'd just have to clean that up....

My pinterest recipe was delish. Currently baking cookies.

Watched service. Sure enough it was a shout down service. I shoulda went.....sigh.....

Chseeads

Quote from: minnesota68 on February 13, 2013, 01:22:10 AM

So I was listening to Ray Stevens "Its Me Again, Margaret" and when he sang the line "And call the same lady on a pay telephone" the first time, our phone rang. It was the NRA. *sigh*

Did they ask if you were naked?  :freaky2:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on February 13, 2013, 03:43:24 AM

Ick. Pass the mind bleach please.  :pound:
Wednesday. Or in my world, Thursday.  :biglaugh: Church tonight, and I'm wondering if  it will be the kind of service we've had the last two services, with such a powerful move of God and worshipping. We shall see...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

My sister had her baby yesterday.  Everything went great. All natural birth.  Took around 3hrs.  She waited as long as she could so as to not be subjected to their "efficiency" procedures.  God is good.  I'll be headed out there in a couple of weeks to help with the house.

Heather

I'm awake. No more receptionist for me the rest of the week at work. Woot! I'll be in the back hopefully doing dentals the rest of the week. They are probably my favorite thing to do. I can't remember if I've told you guys that before or not so just go with it  :cool:

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on February 13, 2013, 12:30:18 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on February 13, 2013, 03:43:24 AM

Ick. Pass the mind bleach please.  :pound:

Hey, you are the one fighting with gravity, not me.  :ugly:

In other news, there is news.  Just dont feel like sharing much.  :P
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Long day ahead.

Wound care, bank, bill paying at electric co., a/c place, insurance store, storage place, phone bill place...then mom has a Drs appt, then pharmacy, then sign team practice and watching Kira and Olivia, after that is church family prayer. Somewhere within all that I gotta fix meals and we gotta eat.

Better get started. Shower time now.

:hi:

MelodyB

Also gotta go to the post office sometime today too. Justin sent me a package I think may come today.

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: