Pile a few more beans on your plate...second helpings abound in SHARING 4-7-8!

Started by MelodyB, January 27, 2013, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it, Isaac. A couple of years ago, I bought what was advertised as a certain phone and got it and it actually, after some research, was from Brazil.  Certain things did not work on it because of that and eventually some keys stopped working altogether.  It's hilarious now but at the time we weren't cause the money we thought we were saving, really wasn't, for what it couldn't accomplish.  It met all the criteria Jenn listed and by the time I figured out it was wrong, I wasn't going to assume I'd get my money back by sending it back.  I did report them though!

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 15, 2013, 04:42:46 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 15, 2013, 04:36:37 PM
I found out this neat little smartphone was made for another country, and its IMEI number doesn't exist here in the USA.  Bleh. 

Never, ever, ever get a smartphone from ebay.

1. Did the listing not list the details?
2. Was the listing outside of the US? If so, first indicator. lol
3. Did the photo's not show it?
4. Did you not google the phone brand/type first to make sure it was a US phone?
5. Can you not return it?
The listing was from Pennsylvania, I googled the phone before I got it (I always do with electronics,) we have a state-side version, which I thought this was, and I am returning it.  The seller said he would give me a refund.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

MellowYellow it gets better.  All I got was the phone, no cable or anything.  I found a reference online to it not being able to use the AT&T sim card until the user updated Android, but to update Android I had to connect it to the computer.  So I had to get the cable (more money,) update Android, and it still didn't work.  That's when I called AT&T and spent a good long time trying different things, then finally found out the IMEI number doesn't exist here in the states.

Bleh!

For the record, AT&T tech support is helpful, friendly, and speaks english without a foreign accent.  :) 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

What_a_pain.  Lesson learned.  I hope you get your money back. 

I am currently not folding all the laundry I yet keep doing... lol  I'm SO enjoying all the TedTalks on youtube, especially the teen ones. 

Ruby, Jacob Barnett is the one I think you and the boys will really like.  He's 13 and what he has to say I think is pretty valid.  I can see how my growing passion in food/nutrition has it's roots in the way I went from learning to thinking and hopefully eventually, creating something useful.

MelodyB

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 15, 2013, 05:28:22 PM

For the record, AT&T tech support is helpful, friendly, and speaks english without a foreign accent.  :) 

Since when?

I've always found AT&T to be the exact opposite. That's why we switched to a prepaid company.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Quote from: SippinTea on February 13, 2013, 09:09:03 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on February 13, 2013, 08:54:03 PM
What I dont get is how that mom can allow her son to bring Mellers daughter gifts, then in essence blame Meller for the whole deal.

I'm still shaking my head over that one.

'Scuse me?!? YOUR son brought MY daughter extravagant gifts, and MY daughter is the one being forward? :o Okay then.

You have every right to be perturbed/upset, Melodya. It's completely ridiculous for parents of a ten yr old boy to be allowing behavior like that. If he's a really good friend of hers, and wanted to give her a birthday gift or something, fine. But a V-day present, and personal type gifts?!? Nuh uh. I'd be upset too.

Girls/women have enough trouble not becoming emotionally involved in relationships too soon. Age 10?!? Eeks.

I may have mentioned this before, but.... have you done the Passport to Purity stuff with her? Sounds like she's at the perfect age for it to start making sense.

:beret:

Sorry I didn't answer this sooner.  I am going to check into that P2P Ruby, thanks.

From what I can tell, the mom seems to think that because her son is matter of fact personality and not dramatic about it that it's no big deal.  And the little girls that squeal and giggle around Hannah about it makes it into a bigger deal?  And the fact that Hannah likes him too and doesn't run away and is totally flattered by the attention = Hannah making a bigger deal of it than it is?  Her personality is not shy or to run away or to be staunch, and the other little girls can't help but think it's so fun to gather around about.  I see the boy's face too, he rather enjoys the attention and the other boys are quite entertained by it.  He's just matter of fact and quieter about it. 

I don't know.  I'm hoping there is nothing else said about it.  Because, as you all know, I'm not the smoothest person. I'm very leary of engaging into any conversation with the mom/dad about it so as not to come across as the facts are that they shouldn't have let him be forward in the first place, putting my child/us in an awkward position.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

1 AT&T Tech support call center is about an hour or so from here in Lebanon, VA.

I won't have results until Monday but when the ultrasound tech pushed where my gallbladder is under my ribcage I thought I was gonna hit her.

Work was insane. I didn't get out until 2 hours after we'd closed.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on February 16, 2013, 01:50:13 AM
Strange...Roscoe is MIA...
Been busy all day. Had to help my sister get her first computer set up- if you see a new poster here named Kim, it's her- and been running most of the day, taking just enough time to put another coat of polyurethane on my workbench. then we ran to town and ate dinner with Bro and Sis Papa, then back to Walmart, and finally back home. I'm now shredding personal documents in the new shredder I got......Sorry, didn't mean to neglect all you nuts...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Valentine banquet is over and I survived. The plus side was I spent it with my Kira and got to eat a good meal. Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Lord, have mercy....went to work, worked just over 13 hours.  Came home.  Tended fowl.  There was a possum in the hen house sitting in the corner.  He'd been eating eggs.  :eek!:  Got him out, shot him and hauled him off.  Washed eggs.  Took a shower.  Sitting down finally, eating a salad.  I still have stuff I need to do.

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 15, 2013, 02:34:34 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on February 15, 2013, 03:26:46 AM

Dollar Tree and Dollar General looked like a heard of wild animals had run through the cards, not just the Valentines, but everything....it was a mess...bleh. 

As opposed to any other day? Those two stores always look like that...every day. lol

Some days the card departments are worse than others, honestly. 

Chseeads

Heather

Took Brandon to work. The gym wasn't open and now I'm sitting in the parking lot at my favorite Goodwill and they are not open yet either. I have however found a NEW Goodwill which I will be visiting shortly  :cool:

Chseeads

Peace on earth, Goodwill to you.

Watered fowl.  Moved hay for cows.

Fixing to go to work.

Oh, and stitched up the crotch to this pair of pants so maybe it won't blare open whilst I bend and stoop and root around.  :freaky:

Roscoe

I'm up. Now to see what I will get into today... :freaky2:
And cheesehead, at least you didn't dream like I did. I woke myself up after shooting a gunman in my church. :o
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't have weird dreams last night.  I was starting to feel out of place, everyone reporting nutty, funky dreams and me having a normal night's sleep.

"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I didn't have any weird dreams but I didn't really sleep well. Brandon has a cold.

This cold however has not stopped him from declaring it's our floor laying evening. I'm glad he's finally got some motivation to get the house repair train moving again but I just wanted a day off today.....gah.....being a grown up stinks sometimes...

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"