News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Pile a few more beans on your plate...second helpings abound in SHARING 4-7-8!

Started by MelodyB, January 27, 2013, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I'm leaving for east TN in a bit. Like, a bit less than three hours.  The original plan was to go up there and see my cancer-riddled sister next Thursday.  Then the family decided just last night (Friday night, maybe five hours ago) to go up there now. 

I hate short notice change of plans. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Wow.

I went to bed and to SLEEP at 8:30ish. :o Had GOOD sleep too. Didn't get up a million times. The first time I even got up was at 2, and I almost forgot about taking dad to dialysis. I just happened to remember it, but my alarm would have went off anyway.

Today's agenda is that I wait for Wes and Krissy to get here, then I'm going to the store and get stuff for the kids lunch. Then we have to make more cake pops. At 10 we have nursing home ministry, but I won't be able to go cause I pick up dad at 10:30. I gotta get back in a hurry before they block the roads off for the Mardi Gras parade. Then we sell parking for the parade, drinks and cake pops. Somewhere in there I have to fix lunch for the the kids, and help finish the cake pops.

I feel another early bedtime in my future. :yawn:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Hope the surgery goes well for your dad, Ruby.
I woke up with a bad headache.

Melody

Whatever is going around is attempting to get me.. lol  I just feel a little tired with a sensitive throat but I've also not been super healthy lately.  I'm carnal.  After the Daniel's fast I felt great and had this false sense of healthiness as if I could eat less healthy food and still be ok cause I built my body up with good stuff.  Nope.  Doesn't work that way... lol  Every cup of coffee, though it's not "bad," is a cup of water I'm not drinking.  It's so dry here, it's common for folks to get bloody noses a lot, especially kids.  Compared to the summer time, not sweating gives the illusion that we don't have to hydrate as much. 

Ok, so that's what's on my dorky brain this morning.  I'm so looking forward to summer.  I despise these cold dreary days.  And I have no room to complain, northeast coast is getting blizzard and crazy amounts of snow.

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

kmymbir

GOOD DAY!!
Ok Mel Duck, I tried to go back a bit and see if you spilled the beans but I don't see anything... SOOOO... Since you introduced me to GP, I'm giving you the go ahead to update people on me if you'd like, then I can fill in the blanks.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

You want ALL the beans spilled? Cause that's a lot of beans. :o

Please clarify exactly which kind of beans...

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on February 09, 2013, 10:11:36 PM
You want ALL the beans spilled? Cause that's a lot of beans. :o

Please clarify exactly which kind of beans...
Clarification smachtion. We want to know EVERYTHING. And be quick about it...
Ain't been on here much today. Laid around and read books, ect, then drove Rusty down the road and back. Supposed to go with a guy this evening to look at a radio tower, but I'm not seeing that happen. It's cold, cloudy and misting rain. I hate this weather. I want my summer....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

It all comes back to pot on here.

That MellowYellow has ruined the lot of you.

Heather

Isaac-East Tenn as in MY East Tenn? As in east of Knoxville?

I want to know about Kimber's beans! Is this like that game I had when i was a kid? Like Don't Break the Ice or Ants in the Pants?

Seth-I don't have a stiff drink but I'm sure I could find you some flat soda around here somewhere....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I just nearly had a mild heart attack....we went to Russellville to look for something Lou wanted. Didn'want to spend alot, so I told Lou we'd go through a drive-through. She chose Dairy Queen. We ordered two adult meals, a kids meal and three small "Blizzard" ice creams. The total price? $33!  :o  I told the cashier I'd ate a steak dinner cheaper....Lands. The food was delicious though. the price of living is getting too flowerin' high. Unfortunantly, I know a few funeral directors, and from what they tell me, the price of dyin' ain't any better.

I'm gonna put a lock on my checkbook, 'cause I'm beginning to feel like the Lucky Charms Leprechaun- "Everybody's after me charms!"  :lol:

Oh, and a praise report- Domino the dog has made a remarkable recovery from just a few days ago. Either the medicine is working or God healed him- which I know not, but it's made a little girl AND her Daddy very happy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: kmymbir on February 09, 2013, 10:32:19 PM
How Many beans I got in this pot?? lol..
How many beans in a can of Hormel?
How many beans in a can?
The answer my friend
Is blowing in the wind...

Yes, east TN.  Johnson City, to be precise. 

Speaking of the trip to east TN, my sister ain't looking so good.  This is the first time I had seen her since she found out she had cancer, and  :o :o :o
Something in me keeps arguing that this person can't be my sister.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 10, 2013, 03:14:47 AM

Speaking of the trip to east TN, my sister ain't looking so good.  This is the first time I had seen her since she found out she had cancer, and  :o :o :o
Something in me keeps arguing that this person can't be my sister.   :-\
Man- I'm praying for you and your family. I've lost friends and family to that disease, and it truely makes you wonder how they can change so much for the worse so quickly.

MelodyB

Ruby isnt the only one with a bean in the pot...Kimber has one too...at least we THINK its only one...we go get it checked out on the 20th, yes I said WE...she invited me to her Drs appointment. I am excited about another baby being around, no matter what the circumstances are. Kimber is my DLFFFFE, and now Ill have a DLFFFFE Jr! I love Kimber!

And now you know. Thats the spilled beans. There isnt much else to tell except that I miss her face and she needs to start coming back around, both to GP and church...I dont care who says what, its none of anyones business. The past is over. If God forgives, then so can I!

I love you, Mymbir!

Chseeads

MelodyB

Yeah I saw that earlier, and wasnt in a place to comment. But Im sorry too, Isaac. Prayers for you and your family.

SippinTea

Isaac... I wish I knew what to say that would help. But I don't. Having been through such similar stuff with certain family members of my own, I know how difficult it can be when the person in front of you seems to NOT be someone you know. Really, really tough. I'm sorry.

Kimber, when is your due date? And I agree wholeheartedly with Mel that you need to stick around where friends are, and they love you, and you'll have a support team. God doesn't throw us on the trash heap just because we make mistakes or bad choices. If He did, well, myself and everyone else on this board would be on the trash heap. And anyone who is honest with you will tell you that they've made some pretty horrid choices in life, and THOSE kind of friends - the kind that are honest about themselves - are usually the kind who will pray for you and be there for you and help you when you've tripped and need to get back on your feet. :) Sending you a *HUG*, girlie.

Mel, I'm glad you're planning to go with her to that appointment. :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Roxie

Decided not to read the last 4 sharing pages... Sorry.  LOL

Getting tired.  I go back to work on Monday! Been laid off since June. 

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.  :)

Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Lynx

Got a good night's sleep, considering it was in a room that was not my bedroom, on a bed that was not my air mattress, at a time when I usually don't sleep.  Either I was more tired than I thought, God was good or both. 

And woke up with the old bluegrass gospel song running through my head, for no apparent reason...
Take your shoes off, Moses, you're on holy ground
Holy ground, holy ground
Take your shoes off, Moses, you're on holy ground
This is the Lord, thy God
"Do you sing at church?"

kmymbir

My approx. Due date is the first week of Oct.
But I think they will change that when I go see the doc.

Lynx

In other news, I hear there's a tornado watch in Fuzzy's area, a thunderstorm in Roscoe's area, and... y'all are shipping all that stuff OUR way?!  Keep it, keep it! :demand:
"Do you sing at church?"