Pile a few more beans on your plate...second helpings abound in SHARING 4-7-8!

Started by MelodyB, January 27, 2013, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Seth sure has gotten blessed a LOT this week.  :freaky2: Seems suspicious.

I hate vday too. My only close guy friend's last name starts with a V. So I told him I deemed today Happy his last name day. He loved it haha.

I'm mad cus they have almost to none valentine cards for Daddy's. That irritates me. Currently he's the only "sweetheart" I have at the moment, and I couldn't find a card for him! Ugh! The only other sweetheart I have is 3....he doesn't quite get the concept of cards. So I got him a valentine pez! lol he asked me last night at church "noney are you coming over?" I said "yep, tomorrow! are you excited?" and he nodded. Love that dude! 

He calls me Noney, because when he was starting to talk, we couldn't get him to say Jenn. It came out chinese jumble. lol So Andrea (his mom) and I call each other honey, we always have....so we said "Davis, can you say honey?" and it came out "noney" and it's stuck. Love having a nickname!  :thumbsup2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Roscoe:  Is that why you became a cop, cause you find it fun shooting people?  :P 

Whatever laptop you get her, tell me what she uses it for and I'll make a list of good freeware programs to get.  LibreOffice is a no-brainer, and you can load that music collection to her laptop and use Foobar2000 to play it.

About Single Awareness Day Valentine's Day - for me it has always been just another day.  I can't even get really excited over the post-holiday half-off candy sale, because they never have any really good, really dark chocolate.  The only thing today means to me is I have to endure a lot of comments about how I really need to find a nice woman to marry.  Like I can go to Wal-Mart and buy one off the shelf.  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Jenn, for some reason a Chris Rice song keeps rolling through my head...
Noney noney ohdelay, river washes over me, up for air and carries me away
Noney noney ohdelie, run the earth and watch the sky, playing hard and waiting for the day
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 14, 2013, 03:29:58 PM
Roscoe:  Is that why you became a cop, cause you find it fun shooting people?  :P  No comment

Whatever laptop you get her, tell me what she uses it for and I'll make a list of good freeware programs to get.  LibreOffice is a no-brainer, and you can load that music collection to her laptop and use Foobar2000 to play it. It's a cheapie, and all she will use it for is music. She says she is tired of lugging cd's AND books with sheet music on them around.

Like I can go to Wal-Mart and buy one off the shelf.  :roll: Why not? I did.  :P Well, not exactly, but it sounds funny that way.  :P
:thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

In other news, the forum says there are four members currently here, but three are hidden.  I'm the only one here who is not hidden.  Makes me a bit nervous.  Is there something I should know, should I be running for cover? 

(Cue Mission Impossible theme music:  Bum, bum, ba-dum, bum, bum, ba-dum...)
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Nelle

Melody

Idk if I'm hidden or not. 

Andrew's going to help me with making meatballs & spagetti sauce for dinner.

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

You're all a bunch of weirdos.

Well the men were certainly Valentine card shopping today.  In the Marsh (grocery) store they were buying flowers and cards. 

Dollar Tree and Dollar General looked like a heard of wild animals had run through the cards, not just the Valentines, but everything....it was a mess...bleh. 

Anyways...work tomorrow and the next day.....bleh. 

As for Fairy Cakes' observation on Dad Vday cards, yes, Dad gets shafted on Vday selections.  Slim pickings for Dads. 

Roscoe

Speaking as a dad, all I need is sweet sugars from my little one. Best thing on earth.

I made it through the day.Thank God it is my weekend... :clap:

SippinTea

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 14, 2013, 09:04:08 PM
Andrew's going to help me with making meatballs & spagetti sauce for dinner.

Funny. Sean helped me make spaghetti tonight. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

We are having spaghetti tomorrow night at a stupid valentine banquet. I guess I'll sit at the singles table in the loser section. I hate this kind of thing. But I have to go. It's right here in my church and if I dont go, I won't have dinner. So whatever.

Chseeads

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on February 15, 2013, 03:26:46 AM

Dollar Tree and Dollar General looked like a heard of wild animals had run through the cards, not just the Valentines, but everything....it was a mess...bleh. 

As opposed to any other day? Those two stores always look like that...every day. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Brandon actually remembered it was Valentine's day and got me daisies and a stuffed animal. He also ordered me a Kindle Fire but its not here yet.

I'm sitting in my car waiting to go in for my alien gallbladder appointment.  I had another' attack' last night so hopefully it's good and ready for its close up. I'm praying it's awful and I can get it out of me quicker.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

I'm still eating my candy from yesterday. I think I'm being cured from my candyaholic days.. for a little while at least. Ready for a hearty lunch of who knows what. I think I have bologna left over. *gag*

Melody

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 15, 2013, 02:42:03 PMTGIF!

That!

Andrew has a 4day wknd.  Nice to have both kids home and it not be a Saturday cramming everything extra in or busy Sunday. 

Tomorrow, Hannah and are going to a couponing class at the church.  We are excited to save some money.  I don't know that we'll be like the extreme couponers on that Netflix show but when it's something that we can MAKE money on or that the church's compassion ministry pantry can use, we're going to try and do it.  I'm not competitive (at all) though so I don't think I could be extreme. 

And the way name brand companies jack up their prices, no I don't have any problem getting things free... lol  One lady here said it feels like stealing.  Uh... no.  lol

Lynx

I found out this neat little smartphone was made for another country, and its IMEI number doesn't exist here in the USA.  Bleh. 

Never, ever, ever get a smartphone from ebay.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 15, 2013, 04:36:37 PM
I found out this neat little smartphone was made for another country, and its IMEI number doesn't exist here in the USA.  Bleh. 

Never, ever, ever get a smartphone from ebay.

1. Did the listing not list the details?
2. Was the listing outside of the US? If so, first indicator. lol
3. Did the photo's not show it?
4. Did you not google the phone brand/type first to make sure it was a US phone?
5. Can you not return it?
-Alexander Den Heijer-