News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pile a few more beans on your plate...second helpings abound in SHARING 4-7-8!

Started by MelodyB, January 27, 2013, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Dad said heard on the radio that the US Postal service is supposed to cut out mail deliveries on Saturday. Just have mail on mon-fri. Supposed to save billions of dollars a year by just removing one day.

Anyone else heard this?

I'm too tired to look it up right now. I'm going to bed.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Glad to hear that Roscoe... and, uh, sorry to hear that.  Is there a Goodwill nearby?  That's where I get my dress clothes. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

Happy Friday, everyone!

I hope your week gets better, Lady Heather!

John  :waving:

MelodyB

Heather

I have one of those headaches teetering on migraine. I don't know if I should go on in to work or take meds and knock myself out.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:pound: Mel.
:pray: Heather
:hi: Everyone else.

And yeah, Isaac, Thanks to my wife, I too am a Goodwill Clothing Buyer. They get some bargains in from time to time. Fortunately, my body shape- untall and unskinny ( sounds better than short and fat  :P ) is shared by many apparently successful men, judging by the quality of clothes they donate.  :lol:

And thank God it is my Friday. I am in need of it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on February 07, 2013, 05:08:09 AM
Dad said heard on the radio that the US Postal service is supposed to cut out mail deliveries on Saturday. Just have mail on mon-fri. Supposed to save billions of dollars a year by just removing one day.

Anyone else heard this?

I'm too tired to look it up right now. I'm going to bed.

I read something about it last night.  They would still deliver packages on Saturday, but not letters.  (Which somewhat seems goofy, if they're going to have people running routes with packages, they might as well just take the letters too....but I guess they wouldn't have to run entire routes just to do package delivery though....eh...) 

It has to go through Congress and stuff though still before it's a totally done deal.

Melody

Bueno Dias.

Had great cell group last night.  I thought we wouldn't all fit in our front room but we did! God really moved. Looking fwd to some praise reports soon from it. Also have a new couplen who have been involved in world missions for yrs.  I contained my excitement but there are no coincidences in God!

Pouring rain here today but it is supposed to get to 47° today so I can't complain.  :)

Ruby, how is little bean?  Thinking of yous today.  <3

Heather

I slept til 1 pm. Still have a headache but the migraine portion is hopefully over. Now to see if I can hold down some food which I was unable to do earlier.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

It's down right HOT now. Been sweating all morning. Rain went away and the sun came out in all it's glory. I'm glad of that cause after I picked up dad from dialysis we went grocery shopping, and so I'm glad the rain allowed us to do that since we have a truck. Lol

I just realized I left the bread in the truck. So I'm gonna go get that and make myself a sandwich.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Relax...you wouldn't give this bread to the ducks. It's Bunny bread. Store bought. Not worth you getting all excited over. Lol

Lynx

No joke!  The SPCA would have me arrested for animal cruelty if I fed that to an animal.

Still... They have Bunny Bread here, and it IS slightly better than most of the storebought stuff.  Better texture mostly.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Bunny bread is all dad will buy. Pretty much. If its available, that's what we get. The quality is better.

Chseeads

Weirdos.

Went to work, came home.

Need to tend fowl and go to church.

And come home then, again.

And tomorrow go work at Dollar Tree in the morning, then go participate in a songfest at the Christian school chapel service.

And then come home from there yet again.

But first thing's first.

MelodyB

I have to bake NINE cakes tomorrow. Again, Isaac, don't get excited...just plain box cakes. We have sold over 400 cake pops and so I'm spending the entire day filling cake pop orders with my crew. But the 9 cakes I have to make myself, before the crew gets here...they all have their cakes they are bringing too. OY!

Newsman

Had an interesting odd luittle square-shaped baked? biscuit at a restaurant this evening. A hint of sweetness to it. Custom baked stuff., apparently. Pretty tasty.

John  :waving:

Chseeads

MelodyB

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads