News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The Ballad of Evan McNevin starts here, in Sharing 477

Started by mini, January 14, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

That was Lance and Okie, Sarba and Cletus.  I had nothing to do with that.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

okieoliveoyl

I have never visited, or even desired to, visit oak lake harbor or whatever that place is called.  But IF Meller goes...please document this momentous occasion with a wonderful blog - sans pictures.  HAHAHA!
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

If Okie has never visited, how does she know the full name?  :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 25, 2013, 12:33:58 AM
If Okie has never visited, how does she know the full name?  :ugly:
[/quote

Because you told her.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Well I went to work, believing this was a cold.  It sure takes a lot more out of me than a cold though.  I came home early, and for the past three hours or so I've been lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling,  burning up and feeling cold.  And getting up to use the bathroom.  But aside from really being tired and my metabolism going sky-high to support a mild fever, I can't tell any real symptoms.  I don't even feel like I have a cold anymore, just that I'm really, really tired and cold. 

Now I still feel cold, but I got up to eat something and sneeze on everyone in the forum.   :teeth:

Bleh.  I'd rather be at work.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

On an odd side note, every time I get up to use the restroom Grandma says "I thought you were going to sleep."  No, I'm just lying down, like I told you twice before.  Maybe my coming home early deterred a hot date?   :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Poor Grandma. The nice old farmer next door probably brought some nice daisys and fresh buttermilk for a nice evening with his sweetheart, and you've ruined it.  :P

Seriously I hope ya get to feeling better. I'm battling some congestion/sinus/ junk myself.  :(
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Lynx

Ain't no old farmer.  Uncle Fred and aunt Lucy live on one side of her, and their daughter, my cousin, Debbie and her husband live on the other side.  My family has owned this whole strip for years.  Sure makes it easy to not worry about what the neighbors will do, cause if they played loud music or waved shotguns around from their front yard... well, they're family and they know we wouldn't put up with that.  :P  Just kidding, nobody in my family is much of a troublemaker.  We're all boring and nice here. 

On the other hand, staying home from school can be educational.  Just ask Calvin.
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1991/05/06
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 25, 2013, 03:06:13 AM
  Just kidding, nobody in my family is much of a troublemaker.  We're all boring and nice here. 

Boy, that's the opposite of my family. I was considered the "black sheep" of the family because I HAVEN'T been arrested.  :P

Quote from: Chseeads on January 25, 2013, 03:04:08 AM
Well my ear is hurting.
I wish you were closer, Cheese. I'd  slap the fire outta your other ear and stomp on your toe, and you'd not even realize you had an earache. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 25, 2013, 03:16:59 AM
  Just kidding, nobody in my family is much of a troublemaker.  We're all boring and nice here. 

Boy, that's the opposite of my family. I was considered the "black sheep" of the family because I HAVEN'T been arrested.  :P
Wait, what?  You're the black sheep because you're NOT a black sheep?  How does that figure?
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 25, 2013, 03:21:07 AM

Wait, what?  You're the black sheep because you're NOT a black sheep?  How does that figure?

Because he's the cop that's arrested everybody else in the family! :bigcheese:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on January 25, 2013, 03:29:54 AM
He's cruising to be a black & blue sheep.
Bring it, don't sing it, cheesy.  :P
Quote from: SippinTea on January 25, 2013, 03:38:33 AM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 25, 2013, 03:21:07 AM

Because he's the cop that's arrested everybody else in the family! :bigcheese:

^^ This. I've arrested neices, nephews, cousins and one particularly ticked off sister... :laughhard:

Chseeads

* Chseeads beats Roscoe senseless.

Didn't take but one little swat.

Lynx

Oh, I get it.  Shame on you Roscoe.  :P

In other news, forget what I said about symptoms.  My sore throat, that I thought was a product of clogged sinuses causing me to sleep with my mouth open last night, is back with vehemence and a vengeance. 

Tylenol ho!

Maybe this is that strep throat I keep hearing about.  Every time a kid gets a cold around these parts, his parents are afraid he has strep throat.  Maybe I finally got it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on January 25, 2013, 04:07:42 AM
* Chseeads beats Roscoe senseless.

Didn't take but one little swat.
Since I'm senseless, I can use an insanity defense and get off scot free..
* Roscoe   shoots Cheesehead repeatedly, runs the remains through a meat grinder, feeds him to the chickens and lives happily ever after
And yeah. Mayhap that is overkill. Maybe I should just stomp his toes...  :noo:

Lynx

You feed that to the chickens, you gonna get the SPCA on your back for animal cruelty.  With all the farm work he does, no telling how tough that old bird is.  :P

And the insanity defense is pretty much default for you.  Nothing against ya though... it's default for me too.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Isaac, do you have white spots on your tongue/at the back of your throat?

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

Lynx

Don't know.  I'd have to get a flashlight to see back there, and the flashlight is in the car and it's cold outside. 

What do white spots signify?
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Well, I'm no doc, but I was told that if you had white spots it was likely strep. If not, it's probably just a bad sore throat. But I don't know if what I was told is correct. Where's Chel when you need her? *lol*

Lynx

She's in a galaxy far, far away... wait, that's something else. 

*Psalm_97 puts down the lightsaber.

As soon as the tylenol kicks in I'm so asleep.  I hope.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

True Ruby, but I was also told there can be exceptions. Strep, bronchitis, lareingitis, etc.  None are fun.

Do you go to Drs, Isaac?