News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The Ballad of Evan McNevin starts here, in Sharing 477

Started by mini, January 14, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Top of the muffin to yas! 

His mercies are new every morning. Whether I feel it or not.

I'm pretty sure I'm gaining weight on the Daniel's fast.  lol  Not at all what  I expected.  I think b/c I'm eating 3 meals a day & I usually don't nor need to really.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

mini

I dont like blueberry muffins.  Is it a blueberry muffin?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

She's gonna be the one with a muffin top if the fast keeps making her fat.

Melody

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 25, 2013, 04:48:05 PMI dont like blueberry muffins.  Is it a blueberry muffin?

It's whatever muffin top you like best.   

That is an old saying. Often the top of the muffin is the best part.  But I cannot think of that phrase without the modern slang definition also in the back of my mind.  Which makes me giggle now every time I say it. 

Quote from: Chseeads on January 25, 2013, 04:57:54 PMShe's gonna be the one with a muffin top if the fast keeps making her fat.

True! Can't have that!

The Purple Fuzzy

I've only heard "top of the mornin' to you"

Is that a mix up like when you call munchkins mumchkins?  ;)

Melody

no.  It's mumchkins.  :)

And no, top of the muffin is also equal and I think older?  I hear them both in my head in an Irish accent... lol

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 25, 2013, 05:04:32 PM

Every time I read this when meller types it I try to say it out loud, and it doesn't ever work. The M doesn't fit!! :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

You have to say it with like an Norwegian accent.  The way to say things like Babooshka and the like... lol

It really sounds like this: mum sh gin

Melody

Lynx

Nobody thinks he has an accent.  It's always everyone else who has a funny accent.  :P

I have slept a full night, plus some, and I'm still wore out.  And I still have a sore throat.  And my back hurts from too much lying down.  No fair!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Or when everybody calls the Manguns the Mangums.

Lynx

I've never heard top of the muffin, but I think I like it.  Yum! 

I've heard "Top o' th' mornin' t' ye" a lot though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I tried to google it and it looks like it might be something off of a TV show called seinfield or something.

I tried to google mumchkin but it automatically changes it to munchkin.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I have no clue, but it looks like it might be talking about a business that sells muffins... maybe...

Melody

That made it famous but it's been around.

I have heard, have always said, and will say "mumchkin."   

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on January 25, 2013, 06:35:32 PM

At least they don't call them the Magnums. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on January 25, 2013, 06:35:32 PM

What's even more confusing we have a couple in our church named "Mangrum" lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Oh, I missed a question to me.  No MellowYellow, I don't prefer to visit a doctor if it's something my body can take care of by sleeping a lot.  If it persists for a long time or keeps recurring like tonsillitis or something, or if it is something beyond normal cold/stomach-bug/flu symptoms I will see a doctor. 

One odd quirk is I don't like to take pain killers when I'm sick.  Those muscle aches are because of a lack of energy and are for a reason, to tell you that you don't have a lot of energy to spare for moving around and you should take it easy.  I find if I shut off the warning signals I am prone to do things I really shouldn't do right now.
"Do you sing at church?"

okieoliveoyl

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 25, 2013, 02:34:42 AM
Quote from: minnesota68 on January 25, 2013, 12:33:58 AM
If Okie has never visited, how does she know the full name?  :ugly:

Because you told her.

also once upon a great many moons (hahahhahaa...that could be implied a diff way seeing as to what we are talking about here) ago, I worked for the Electric Company that provided service for the aforementioned place.  Oh the stories that our crew guys would come back telling on things that happened there. LOL
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Chseeads

Did they all fight over who got to go on those calls?  :P

Melody

okieoliveoyl

Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"