News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

The Ballad of Evan McNevin starts here, in Sharing 477

Started by mini, January 14, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Ruby-there is a closet in there, but it's full of old electronics which i have no idea what we are going to do with.

Finally made it out of the house. Lots of cars pulled off the sides of the road. There were power lines down that made us have to cut around a longer way to get back home. But we now have food and glorious caffeine!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

Roscoe

Boy. Comments about closing GP should be made more often, but never acted upon. Look how many lurkers that have been drawn out. :freaky2:

I don't know that I've "met" Roxie.....so, Hi. I am the resident sane person that has arrived in the past 400 sharing threads.  :hypocrite: There is no sane here save me. Remember that and the "bless" option whenever you see my posts, and we will get along mahvelously.... :biglaugh:

And in sharing- my do nothing day has had me busier than a one armed paperhanger. Dropped Chey off at school, went and had breakfast with a couple old friends and tried to solve the worlds problems. Problems are solved, now we have to find a way to implement our decisions...I'll not say much about the details, but they involve firepower, and LOTS of chocolate which will be requisitioned, of course.  :great:

Then I went and showed my new radio off to a fellow ham, and got roped into a meeting at the bbq joint where I took the ham licensing test a couple weeks ago. Unfortunantly, Bro Papa found out I was at a competitor's bbq joint, and wished all kinds of bad things upon me, which concerns me. I KNOW God listens to him... :o Had to go by Lowes to price gutters that the lovely snow Heather is dealing with tore down while it was here, and found TONS of house improvement things I want.
Then I braved Walmart, bought Lou a heavy high quality good iron, came home and cleaned the house while cooking rice for the porkchops to be served on. Man. I am tired. I think I will plan to work my tail off tomorrow- maybe I can veg then. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Well. I went away for one day and now we are in the ER with dad. He was using his walker today with his prosthetic leg and fell in the foyer when he came back from a Dr appointment. He messed up his hip and refused to get it seen about...until he tried to go to bed about an hour ago and he was screaming in pain. So here we are at the ER. His BP is 241/105. I have NEVER seen BP that high. This machine is going bonkers in here.

*sigh*

Prayers please.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

My mom's took a spell of running that high on top a while back, though her bottom number was generally around the normal range. 

I need the help of the good Lord. 

*sigh*

MelodyB

Well. We are home.

After nearly three hours in the ER. The Dr wanted to admit dad. He has no broken bones, but since he was in so much pain and his BP was so high. But they couldn't. Our hospital is full right now, and he said they were transporting the serious cases to other hospitals in our area and letting the not critical people go home. Gave him a shot of morphine and I brought him home.

While we waited there, I saw SEVEN ambulances come in with people, and when we left, they had just got a call of two more on the way. They wanted to hurry and clear our room to make way for the other people coming in. It was a pure madhouse in there tonight.

Dad is near tears. The shot didn't help much. And he has dialysis tomorrow. That's gonna be fun getting him up and out to that. *sigh*

I feel so guilty cause I spent the day with a friend all day today, Mom and Dad assured me they could handle themselves while I had some girl time. And I come home and he had fallen and is in bad shape. If I had been here it wouldn't have happened cause I would have been able to get his chair. Mom can't so he had to walk more today. Thats dangerous. So I feel like its all my fault.

sunlight

Mel... He has to grow up one day... You can not live his life for him, or walk for him, or make an accident look like it was intentionally your fault when you weren't even there...  When you walk, sometimes you fall. Yes, it stinks that you could have prevented it, but you can not take the blame for something that you did not cause. And as fun as it may be at times... You can't wrap him in bubble wrapper ya know... Lol. So much more I feel like saying, but know that I better not... :grin:

* sunlight hugs Mel.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

I just had a coworker take something of mine - then when he found out it was mine he said he left it in the break room - then while I was in the break room looking for it he brought it in from his car - then he said he thought someone else had brought it. 

What... if Angie had brought it, it would have been OKAY to take it? 

It was just a box of cookies, no big deal.  I got a whole case of them, 15 boxes.  I just can't get over that he lied about it, then acted as though it would have been okay had someone else brought it instead of me.

Okay, venting over.  Tomorrow is Saturday and I have nothing at all planned to do.  I think I might make some chocolate pudding, for no particular reason except just because I want to eat chocolate pudding.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

Roxie

Awww thanks Heather *hugs*

Roscoe, not sure if we ever met? Have you always been a part of GP or no? LOL  Did you ever go by anything other than Roscoe?

*hugs* Mel.  Praying!

Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

You don't know him, Roxy. At least if you do, it's not from here. Lol

I feel much better today about things. Dad is still in lots of pain, but he is safely at dialysis now. I'm sitting in the driveway of my friends house, one of my Youtg kids is supposed to come out here and go with me to go snack bar shopping for the Youth room. So I'm waiting on her and we will go to WM.

* MelodyB Hugs Chel. 

Wish I could have a real one.

Chseeads

Heather

Brandon woke me up at 8 am because he was bored and wants to go to Goodwill and thrift shopping. Although I am completely happy with thrift shopping, I do NOT get alot of mornings to sleep late. Now I'm up, ready, and eating cereal while he's in there watching home improvement videos on his phone. UGH! Remind me never to have kids.

His tooth is lots better. We got him some antibiotics and pain meds.

Lynx

Thrift shopping?  Sweet!  I'd love to go.  Buy a music CD and think of me.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Roxie on January 19, 2013, 07:54:57 AM
Awww thanks Heather *hugs*

Roscoe, not sure if we ever met? Have you always been a part of GP or no? LOL  Did you ever go by anything other than Roscoe?

*hugs* Mel.  Praying!
No. But I HAVE raised the level of conversation here. :hypocrite:

Quote from: HeatherB on January 19, 2013, 02:24:57 PM
Brandon woke me up at 8 am because he was bored and wants to go to Goodwill and thrift shopping. Although I am completely happy with thrift shopping, I do NOT get alot of mornings to sleep late. Now I'm up, ready, and eating cereal while he's in there watching home improvement videos on his phone. UGH! Remind me never to have kids.

His tooth is lots better. We got him some antibiotics and pain meds.
Kinda thinking of checking out some flea markets today myself....
Quote from: Chseeads on January 19, 2013, 04:48:01 PM
* Chseeads remains dead.
If he's dead, he won't be needing the birds. They'll look good plucked, cleaned and in my freezer for future meals.  :fork: And he won't need his vehicles, so I'll sell them and donate the proceeds to charity- namely, the "Foundation to Give Roscoe a Vacation"...
* Roscoe  looks around to see if there's anything of use left to confiscate. Nothing- bury the decaying corpse and live happily ever after.
:hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

In context with Seth's bird theme, Roscoe is apparently a vulture.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

angel

Beauty of a day! REminds me of spring. Windows are open and listening to the crows. Gotta enjoy it before it becomes very bitterly cold tomorrow and into the week. At least there could be snow on the ground if it is going to get cold. Oh well.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on January 16, 2013, 12:26:19 PM
Quote from: SippinTea on January 16, 2013, 06:17:23 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on January 16, 2013, 12:49:53 AM
Where has MY been? Is she fasting too? Did I miss something?

I'm assuming she's doing a media fast again. I'm missing her... :sadbounce:

:beret:
I think that's right. I think I saw on fb where she was going to... Wait til she gets back. Rather rude not to tell us.. :pound: Herb lover.

I actually didn't think it'd be noticed/missed.  Lol   

I'm alive & well.  Miss yous.   Heading to OK & back all today. 7 of us in our Pacifica..lol

Chseeads

Troubles, troubles, troubles, I can have no peace.  :reaction:

Lynx

7 in a Pacifica, traveling that far... and nobody has killed anyone yet!  Y'all must be doing something right.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 19, 2013, 07:02:24 PM
7 in a Pacifica, traveling that far... and nobody has killed anyone yet!  Y'all must be doing something right.   :thumbsup2:

The soothing effects of her special herbal remedies are keeping them sedate.

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Thought about posting. But I really shouldn't post all the things running through my head right now. (Yay for stressful weeks.) So. I'm just posting to tell you I'm not posting that post. 'Cause you don't want to read that post.

Maybe I'll go crochet a tent around the dead CheeseMonster and give him a proper burial instead.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air