The Ballad of Evan McNevin starts here, in Sharing 477

Started by mini, January 14, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on January 19, 2013, 08:55:07 PM
Thought about posting. But I really shouldn't post all the things running through my head right now. (Yay for stressful weeks.) So. I'm just posting to tell you I'm not posting that post. 'Cause you don't want to read that post.
Been there.   :smirk2:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

4 cities later we are back home. I came home with 2 new skirts, a new sweater, and a new book. Brandon has quite a few pairs of jeans and some button up shirts and sweaters. He informed me as we were going down the road that the sudden new clothes need was so he'd have something different to wear to church when we go  :o :clap:

It was nice for both of us to just get out and wonder around. We wanted to stay out longer but his dad kept calling crying about being out of Goody Powders [which he's addicted to. He can go through a box of 50 in about a day and a half. And no they don't help his stomach issues.]. And because we didn't come straight home he called Brandon's mom to call us and see where we were too. Oi vey......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Someday I'm going to have to hold a class on "How to turn your phone off."  Too many people don't even think about it, but it could marvelously benefit almost everybody's life.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 19, 2013, 06:06:21 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 16, 2013, 12:26:19 PM
Quote from: SippinTea on January 16, 2013, 06:17:23 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on January 16, 2013, 12:49:53 AM
Where has MY been? Is she fasting too? Did I miss something?

I'm assuming she's doing a media fast again. I'm missing her... :sadbounce:

:beret:
I think that's right. I think I saw on fb where she was going to... Wait til she gets back. Rather rude not to tell us.. :pound: Herb lover.

I actually didn't think it'd be noticed/missed.  Lol   

I'm alive & well.  Miss yous.   Heading to OK & back all today. 7 of us in our Pacifica..lol

You headed to OK and didnt see me?!?  :sadbounce:  Welcome back you hippie.

Quote from: HeatherB on January 19, 2013, 10:05:46 PM
It was nice for both of us to just get out and wonder around. We wanted to stay out longer but his dad kept calling crying about being out of Goody Powders [which he's addicted to. He can go through a box of 50 in about a day and a half. And no they don't help his stomach issues.].

I had to look up Goody Powder...never heard of it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 19, 2013, 10:13:32 PM

I think that's right. I think I saw on fb where she was going to... Wait til she gets back. Rather rude not to tell us.. :pound: Herb lover.

I'm alive & well.  Miss yous.   Heading to OK & back all today. 7 of us in our Pacifica..lol

It was nice for both of us to just get out and wonder around. We wanted to stay out longer but his dad kept calling crying about being out of Goody Powders [which he's addicted to. He can go through a box of 50 in about a day and a half. And no they don't help his stomach issues.].

Same thing as the nasty tasting but oh so effective BC Powders..... :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 19, 2013, 09:03:37 PM
Quote from: SippinTea on January 19, 2013, 08:55:07 PM
Thought about posting. But I really shouldn't post all the things running through my head right now. (Yay for stressful weeks.) So. I'm just posting to tell you I'm not posting that post. 'Cause you don't want to read that post.
Been there.   :smirk2:

Am there.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on January 19, 2013, 10:18:19 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on January 19, 2013, 10:13:32 PM

Same thing as the nasty tasting but oh so effective BC Powders..... :thumbsup2:

Never heard of BC Powders either....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

It's basically a powdered pain pill.  Every Sunday morning after Sunday School I stop by the sound booth and take over while Bro. David goes to take his BC powder. 
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

angel

It's so windy out that our toilet bowl water is moving pretty good.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Roxie

:o

Today has been a day.  That is as far as I am going with that.

Okay, so I don't know you Roscoe, thanks Mel.  Nice meeting you. haha

Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Heather

Brandon is currently trying to get his Prelude unstuck from the yard. It currently doesn't sound very successful from my vantage point of laying in bed.

He asked if we could visit the smaller church I go to sometimes in Damascus. I think it'll be more along the pace he's used to for services.

Goody and BC Powders are both gross. Just give me some Advil in pill form and I'm usually good to go.

Melody

Bro.Germy, it's 5hrs each way.  I couldn't fit another 3hrs driving to come see yous, but it did cross our minds. 

I'm currently in the farthest back seat, squished, irritated tjat my kid's feet stink & my lower back is hurting.  All in all a great trip.  Fellowship is so sweet, even at a cost of my personal comfort. :)

Heather

Just thinking if sitting in that rear seat makes me naseous. Glad you've had a good trip!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

littlegal

I'm a few pages behind (you  guys type too much)  but i wanted to add my thoughts on love bugs....I cant stand those things! They ruin  the front bumper of your  car and swarm your head  when you are  trying to walk. Definitely something  i will  NOT miss  now that i'm back  in Arkansas. 

Chseeads

Good for her.

w2cch.  Bro. Thompson from Brazil was there.

I'm tarred.

And disturbed and weary about some things.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Home sweet home.  I didn't get carsick Heather, but almost. We surprised our friend for his birthday, it worked!

Yes, I've been taking somewhat of a media fast with our DF.  2wks down, one more to go.  I'm still going to not be on FB as much in general.  I missed yas though!  Perhaps I should take more breaks, look who all showed up & has been posting!   AWF slow down?

This has been a really life  changing fast for us.  Two weeks without caffeine, sugar, meat, bread, or dairy so far.  And we are surviving just fine.  Daniel's fast is very interesting.  It brings about change in a different way that fasting a day or two a week doesn't.  And visa versa.  God is so brilliant.  Everything is logical, it all makes sense.  Sometimes not to us b/c we aren't as smart as God but He isn't random or inconsistant.  I love it!

OH! & excellent movie/doc.  Hungry For Change   Even my kids got into it.   

Roscoe

Quote from: littlegal on January 20, 2013, 03:52:06 AM
Definitely something  i will  NOT miss  now that i'm back  in Arkansas.
Ahhh.......The Promised Land. There is no place like Arkansas... :hypocrite:
Back at work. Gonna have a Right To Life Rally today, which means I have to work late and will miss church. :sadbounce:
Quote from: MellowYellow on January 20, 2013, 06:18:36 AM

.  Two weeks without caffeine, sugar, meat, bread, or dairy so far.  And we are surviving just fine. 
A week without caffeine is one I do not wish to partake of. And then you add sugar, meat, bread, and dairy in it..... I's about to die outta sympathy.. I can't imagine a week without meat.  :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

If you read this, say a prayer for me.  I am fighting a sinus problem (first in my life).  I have so much pain right behind my eyes I can barely think...

Thanks guys.

-mini

Heather

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 20, 2013, 12:47:08 AM
Must be a hillbilly thing...

:ugly:

Possibly. Richard Petty used to do commercials for 1 of them. You know how us southerners love our Nascar. Or at least we're supposed to....

Heather

I'm not sure I could do a DF. Everything you listed you couldn't eat is pretty much the only things I do eat.  :o I'd die.

We're up and getting ready for church. I'm just excited to get to say we instead of I!!!!

Lynx

No bread?  That's what would kill me. 

minnesota I know sinus headaches ain't nooooooo fun.  Will be praying.  >.<
"Do you sing at church?"