News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 11, 2013, 02:52:26 PM
Me and Sam had a arguing match today.  I won, but Sam made me 22 minutes late to work.  Cantankerous old truck...lol

:ugly:
:laughhard: The joys of driving an antique.
And the clouds have moved on. It's actually sunny here now. I've dropped Chey off at school, paid the truck payment, got a haircut, and am at the library. I have Elvis Presley's motto going on today..."Takin' Care of Business"  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I'm at WM. dad messed the zipper up on his only pair of pants last night, so he decided that today we would go buy him some pants. we have been trying to convince him to get new ones for months now, and since he busted the zipper, he thinks it's finally ok.

Lord.

So we are at Mcds in WM, fixing to go look around. I think Ill look elsewhere. Pants shopping is not my idea of a good time.

Then we are going to a mini flea market here in town to try and find a cast iron skillet. Ours is in storage...I think. Not real sure. Could have been stolen when the house was broke into a few weeks ago. Either way, I can't find it and I HAVE to have a cast iron skillet to make dinner tonight.

We are having LIVER AND ONIONS, rice, and spinach.

Seth is invited for dinner. All you can eat. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kkay

Made a pretty tasty pizza last night using coconut flour. Very simple too :) Only bad thing was that the brand new mozzarella cheese I bought was moldy :smirk2: So..I had to pick through every strand and make sure it wasn't moldy. Then I just threw it all away and sent Kraft a nice little email :)

Hope everyone's having a good day.

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 11, 2013, 06:16:49 AM
SippinTea:  Well, back it down to #6 duck then, would that be too crazy thick?

Honestly, I don't remember. It's been a long time since I've worked with duck. If you really want a cape out of duck I'll be happy to take a trip to the fabric store and refresh my memory.

Actually, come to think of it, I'll probably have to make a fabric store run sometime next week (or the week after) so I'll try to remember to look while I'm there.

Quote from: Roscoe on January 11, 2013, 01:35:45 PM
As ANYONE would know I was referring to the style of singing that is often heard in bars and honkytonks,thus whiskey soaked.  :P :P

Well now, Officer Roscoe.... SOME of us would NOT know that, because SOME of us do not frequent such places. :P :P

*ahem*

:bigcheese:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

SippinTea

Mel, I can't help it. I'm *snortlaughing* at your dad. The idea of only having one pair of pants that work, and not realizing that it might be handy to have a 2nd pair for when something happens to the first one.... *gigglesnort* I'm annoyed at him for making it harder for you, but I'm also amused at the ridiculousness of the whole thing. ;) However.... *double hugs* for you today, 'cause it sounds like you could use them. ;)

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

MelodyB

Dad got three pairs of pants at WM. and we priced iron skillets there too. 15.98 for a new one. We went to the mini flea market, and I got one for FOUR DOLLARS! Used! That means seasoned already. Yay!

Gonna go wash it and oil it down real good and put it in the oven for a few hours to make sure the bacteria is all killed. Dont need any germs on it but our own.

MelodyB

He is like me. Just enough clothes to get by. I currently have one good jean skirt. And one black dress skirt.

That's all.

But I'm content. I don't need a bunch of clothes.

It drives Justin crazy that I'm like that.

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on January 11, 2013, 05:34:09 PM

Quote from: Roscoe on January 11, 2013, 01:35:45 PM
As ANYONE would know I was referring to the style of singing that is often heard in bars and honkytonks,thus whiskey soaked.  :P :P

Well now, Officer Roscoe.... SOME of us would NOT know that, because SOME of us do not frequent such places. :P :P

*ahem*

:bigcheese:

:pound: :pound: And SOME of us legitimately go there due to employment. :hypocrite:
Regardless, YOU know what I mean. You have a strong dislike for it, and to dislike it, you must know it.  :hypocrite:
And I am not pleased. The Corvette's problem is not fixed becaused the bracket is broken, not the tensioner. Time for another nationwide search for parts....Lord. I ALMOST regret getting rid of the Miata...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

angel

Roscoe, got any ideas on how to make a 2002 Mustang convertable a smoother ride? Thought about getting those nice tires from Goodyear that is suppose to be a smoother ride with; can't remember what they are called. Not sure if it would be a wise decision.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Roscoe

Quote from: ladyshep on January 11, 2013, 06:08:21 PM
Roscoe, got any ideas on how to make a 2002 Mustang convertable a smoother ride? Thought about getting those nice tires from Goodyear that is suppose to be a smoother ride with; can't remember what they are called. Not sure if it would be a wise decision.
Not really. A Mustang, like a Camaro, Challenger, ect is by definition a muscle car/sportscar which means it is designed for handling. Unfortunantly, the things that make one handle  well- stiffer springs-  make its ride stiffer.  :smirk2: I'd imagine the tires wouldn't make enough of a difference for you to notice much.
Mini might can help better than I on this one...I've never owned a Mustang, and he had the honor of having a GT Convertible- or Chellebelle did and let him drive it.  :P

Lynx

Who wants a mushy smooth ride?  I hated it when I had to drive my Grandma's car because it was made to be a "luxury" car, really soft suspension, and you can't really feel the drive. 

Roscoe:  All kidding aside, I have no idea what a whiskey soaked style is.  I probably have some in my collection that falls under that heading though.  If, in your explorations of those DVDs, you have found any, please let me know.

MelodyB:  And gravy?  Need some gravy with that liver and onions.  Beef, chicken or pork liver?  And do I qualify for this all-you-can-eat invite?  :D
I find it impractical to stick with just ONE pair of pants, but I like to keep my wardrobe small.  When I was living in east TN I could pack all the clothes I owned into a backpack, which was a good thing because I rode a bike everywhere - including to the laundromat.   :smirk2:

Roscoe and minnesota:  Ever heard Ray Stevens' song "Used Cars"?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 11, 2013, 04:23:05 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on January 11, 2013, 03:12:35 PM
I need to go get some stove gas here directly.
What exactly is "stove gas"?

Gas that the stove burns.  :eyebrow:

The tank was not actually empty.....for some reason the stove priorly ceased burning and we assumed it was out....I don't know what the deal was there....so for now I didn't go get any. 

The Purple Fuzzy

So... propane or butane, maybe?

If so, the truck usually brings it to the house around here.

Unless you're cooking on a camp stove and using Coleman fuel...  :updown:

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on January 11, 2013, 06:20:15 PM
Quote from: ladyshep on January 11, 2013, 06:08:21 PM
Not really. A Mustang, like a Camaro, Challenger, ect is by definition a muscle car/sportscar which means it is designed for handling. Unfortunantly, the things that make one handle  well- stiffer springs-  make its ride stiffer.  :smirk2: I'd imagine the tires wouldn't make enough of a difference for you to notice much.
Mini might can help better than I on this one...I've never owned a Mustang, and he had the honor of having a GT Convertible- or Chellebelle did and let him drive it.  :P

I might be able to...

We had a Mustang, and enjoyed it.  The ride is what the ride is...sporty.  Not as rough as a Corvette, but not as soft as other cars.  What is it doing?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 11, 2013, 07:39:09 PM
So... propane or butane, maybe?

If so, the truck usually brings it to the house around here.

Unless you're cooking on a camp stove and using Coleman fuel...  :updown:

Propane. 

It runs off large cylinder tanks.  We've just been picking it up ourselves for a long time, I forget what the deal was, couldn't hardly get the gas people to do it or what it was...  Years ago my uncle used to haul all our gas cylinders all the time.

Lynx

Okay one more whiskey joke and I'll leave you alone, promise...

Roscoe was the "whiskey soaked" style a result of mixing rock 'n' roll with rock 'n' rye?   :biglaugh:

Not sure what rock 'n' rye is, but I hear it's some kind of whiskey... someone said as a result of mixing the two he wound up seeing and hearing double.  Seems the hearing double part would interfere with my music though.   :roll:

Okay, I'm out of whiskey jokes.  As promised, I will now leave you alone.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

angel

Yeah, I know it's not like a luxury ride or anything, but I hate feeling every single bump, noone seems to fix roads anymore. Someone suggested these tires from Goodyear. http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/assurance-comfortred-touring

You guys are still talking about that whiskey joke?  :smirk2:
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

SippinTea

Quote from: Roscoe on January 11, 2013, 06:03:00 PM
:pound: :pound: And SOME of us legitimately go there due to employment. :hypocrite:
Regardless, YOU know what I mean. You have a strong dislike for it, and to dislike it, you must know it.  :hypocrite:

1st - You might GO there due to employment, but why do you stick around for the singing? :hypocrite:
2nd -  :biglaugh: Okay, you got me there. I've been trying to come up with a snappy response, but... alas! I cannot. :biglaugh:

kmymbir

I have not read anything posted in the last few sharing threads I have a lot to catch up on. Sorry for not being on much in the last *Stops to ponder how long it's been*.... Any how... I'm alive working a lot and trying to make some very hard decisions for my life right now. At this very current moment I am in a library and have a killer headache, just got off of work and have not been to church in a bit. I have been awake the last few nights weighing out a lot of things.
The library is about to close, gotta go, I love you all... PLEASE pray for me.
Mel don't trip I'm fine.. Really, I'm just updating everyone on my life.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

I'm not trippin. :P

And yes, gravy. Lots of gravy...and it's GOOD! I'm headed in there now to finish my dinner. I stopped cause I recieved a phone call from a redhead.

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali