News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Seths gone to the Jewelry Store, Hes gonna Marry Mel in Sharing 474

Started by mini, December 05, 2012, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"From now on our troubles will be far awaaaaaaaay"

That's one song I've never heard (insert random singer) try to put a new twist on.  Just can't improve on the original.   :thumbsup2:

And in food sharing, I just demolished a bowl of duck dressing left over from our Men's Wild Meat Supper last night.  Very good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

MellowYellow:  I'm not afraid anyone is out to get me.  I don't really think anyone will try to steal my car on any particular night either, but I still lock the door when I'm in Memphis.  Simple, standard precaution.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

ok.  kkay.  I think I understand.

You don't care about making friends here.  You don't want people here to know your business.  You just want somewhere to be heard.  But it's not attention seeking.  With like minded people but not share anything like minded... Are you Apostolic, are you in church? You want to walk in here, be a part of this but not actually be a part which might cause you to share who (generally speaking, not your face or address :roll: ) you are.  You want us to respond? to your feelings about which we have no clue what you're referring to.

Or maybe you don't care if we respond, you just want the attention to say what you feel and us all to listen?  lol

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 12, 2012, 06:14:55 PMMellowYellow:  I'm not afraid anyone is out to get me.  I don't really think anyone will try to steal my car on any particular night either, but I still lock the door when I'm in Memphis.  Simple, standard precaution.

I'm sure most of us lock our cars.  I'd be surprised if the rest of us go to the next town to mail things so that no one knows what city we live in.   :roll:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 12, 2012, 06:20:54 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 12, 2012, 06:14:55 PMMellowYellow:  I'm not afraid anyone is out to get me.  I don't really think anyone will try to steal my car on any particular night either, but I still lock the door when I'm in Memphis.  Simple, standard precaution.

I'm sure most of us lock our cars.  I'd be surprised if the rest of us go to the next town to mail things so that no one knows what city we live in.   :roll:

hide yo kids
hide yo wife
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I don't live in a town, I live in the county.  Every town around me is the next town over.  ^.^
"Do you sing at church?"

kkay

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 12, 2012, 06:18:02 PM
ok.  kkay.  I think I understand.

You don't care about making friends here.  You don't want people here to know your business.  You just want somewhere to be heard.  But it's not attention seeking.  You want to walk in here, be a part of this but not actually be a part which might cause you to share who (generally speaking, not your face or address :roll: ) you are.  You want us to respond? to your feelings about which we have no clue what you're referring to.

Or maybe you don't care if we respond, you just want the attention to say what you feel and us all to listen?  lol

Since everyone else is being sarcastic today...well, maybe I'll just zip it :)

It's not that I don't care what others might have to say about what I share, it's just that ONE particular thing I don't like to share EVERYTHING about. I've shared PLENTY of other things about myself and talked to others on here, even tried to help others. I'm sorry if you feel I should share something that I don't want to tell the world about. Guess that's why everyone's allowed to be different ;)

Melody

lol  Kkay, I don't care that you don't share your business!  What's annoying is YOU always alluding to it!  YOU keep bringing attention to it but never clue us in to what you're talking about.  YOU keep making it the focus!  YOU talk about it all the time.  If you don't want us to know what it is, WHY are YOU talking vaguely about it?  It is a contradiction and in real life... which online still is, it would be rude and annoying.  Not the person who asks about the thing you incessantly refer to.

Who does that face to face? 

I can honestly say I'd say everything I post face to face.  It might surprise people my disposition though.

This just gets funnier.

kkay

I thought we were allowed to share how we're feeling? Maybe I was wrong about that. I share how I'm feeling and share what I want about what's going on in my life.

I'm not really upset about what people say on here. It's just kind of depressing to know that people can say things that they know are mean and never have a second thought.

I'll discontinue sharing anything since what I do share isn't good enough :updown:

Melody

LOL  You aren't sharing anything.  just vague feelings.  How can we respond to something we know nothing about?  How can we be supportive if we have no clue what the situation is? 

wait, are you really a liberal democrat?  lol

you can share how you feel but I cannot w/o you running off offended?  I'm only one person. Notice no one else is saying this.  Just me. 

Would you put others in the same precarious predicament face to face and then leave when they asked what you're talking about?  Or asked why you keep talking vaguely about it if you don't want people to know? 

Melody

OR perhaps I'm having a crummy day and I'm not allowed to call out ridiculousness.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

MY, you do come across harsher on the forum sometimes than you did in real life.  At least that one time I met you. ;)

Melody

Oh that was a lovely visit. 

I do. I know I do.  I don't yet know how to change that.  I say the same things in real life, people do not think I'm so mean. 

On the other hand, it immediately identifies the temperamental people who cause issues down the road that I should avoid.  But I actually try and think that perhaps they really aren't that way in real life and want to think they are just shy and will open up.  Perhaps I should just ignore new comers altogether and anyone else I'm not sure about.  But that seems rude.   :hypocrite:  LOL

Lynx

Rules on the internet are different from rules face-to-face.  Think of all the cryptic status updates and inside jokes on facebook...  :roll:

Also, just because something can be called out doesn't necessarily mean it should be called out.  I wouldn't stand up in the middle of a church service and announce to the whole congregation that I saw  Brother Joe smoking a cigarette, or Sister Sue was rude to me.
"Do you sing at church?"

kkay

I just think that some people think what they say will be taken a certain way and they're not. You may not have the intentions to make someone feel a certain way but sometimes it does.

Or is that too vague? ;)

I don't expect anyone here to comment on the things I say or to examine them to try to help me. It's cool. I just like *sharing* on here. That's the whole point.

I agree with Isaac though. Some things may not need to be said. You risk hurting someone or putting out the wrong vibe.

No harsh feelings toward anyone. I just won't share how I feel anymore ;)

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 12, 2012, 07:25:16 PM
Rules on the internet are different from rules face-to-face.  Think of all the cryptic status updates and inside jokes on facebook...  :roll:

Also, just because something can be called out doesn't necessarily mean it should be called out.  I wouldn't stand up in the middle of a church service and announce to the whole congregation that I saw  Brother Joe smoking a cigarette, or Sister Sue was rude to me.
I'm not going to even begin to compare FB to GP.  While GP is public, it's less than 10 of us interacting regularly.  Not quite a congregation.  And we're not in the middle of an organized service where no one talks.  We're in conversation.  A small group conversation in which people say certain thing and it feels like sitting there with crickets cause it's thrown out there but nobody wants to touch it, apparently.  Yes, everyone has been having tons and tons of grace, Isaac.  And today, I'm thankful they're having grace for me. I feel everyone else is taken advantage of in these subjects and I'm just feeling spunky enough to address it.   :hypocrite: 

And it now bores me.  People will be how they want to be even if they are shown it's wrong.  And if you think I'm being rude, it is the ultimate irony of the day.   :biglaugh:

kkay, it's irrelevant.  I've spoke my mind and have a better impression of you now.  Have a great day.

kkay

How is someone wrong for not wanting to share certain details of a situation they're facing? *scratches head*

At least now I know what irritates certain people and I don't have to talk about it anymore. That's the quick fix ;)

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 12, 2012, 06:08:20 PM
.which I am singing very low, and very soulful like. Fun to sing.

I'm picturing a white girl Barry White, here..... :afro:

As for the rest of everything:  :popcorn:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

*wanders off to see if I was really a prophet when I started this thread...*

Yep.  I was.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

kkay

It's not really that exciting ;)

Just people disagreeing about the amount or type of information people should feel free to share. No biggie.

And MY - My impression of you has never changed :hypocrite:

Ok, that last part was honestly for kicks and giggles, promise.

I don't have a bad impression of anyone on here. I just understand where others are coming from. It might be completely different from what I think but that's not a bad thing.

Chseeads

Let's all hold hands and summons the departed spirit of our beloved sister MountainDew and recapture to true essence of sharing!

* Chseeads clasps hands with the crowd.

I'll go first.

I actually forget what color our current toilet brush is....maybe an aqua color...maybe a gold color, but I can't remember without looking.  But it's in a tall pink plastic holder thingy, that originally had a lid on it that the brush fit into, the lids been gone for years.  And there's a couple pieces of a coat hanger in there too.

Now, who's next?

Lynx

minnesota:  I notice you played it safe in the first post.  You didn't say WHICH war you were starting.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"