News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Seths gone to the Jewelry Store, Hes gonna Marry Mel in Sharing 474

Started by mini, December 05, 2012, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on December 12, 2012, 02:49:41 PM
I am so sick of Christmas music already.
Yeah, that. 

https://www.xkcd.com/988/

There are only so many ways you can sing a song, but every music star who decides to put out a christmas album has to come up with what he thinks is a new way to sing it.  I wish they'd just make their own songs. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kkay

I think I might have a "plan" for my "situation". Feels a little better. It's still gonna be a doozy though.

Got a salad for lunch. Stopped and talked to one of the big cheeses for a few minutes. He's actually pretty nice when he wants to be ;)

Study time!

Melody

I don't understand why you post that kkay when you're not actually sharing anything.   :roll:  Or maybe I'm the only one who has no idea what you're talking about.  lol

Isaac,  why do you post the link and not the actual comic?

Last year, my sister got my kids a gift of giving chicks to some poverty stricken family.  It was sweet, so we did it this year.  Something different.

kkay

Just not into sharing that much detail about this specific thing. Some personal things should stay personal. I was just simply stating how I feel and what's going on. Nothing more, nothing less.

Melody

in reality, you're not really sharing. lol

Have you met Isaac?  Of course not.  You two would make a great pair.

MsJennJenn

To her she is sharing lol...that's her form of sharing...
Trust and vulnerability are harder for some people.

Me eh well - I'm an open book. I don't get secrets, or being secretive.
They just surface feelings you didn't you had, and emotions rise. *shrug*
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 12, 2012, 04:26:59 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on December 12, 2012, 02:49:41 PM
I am so sick of Christmas music already.
Yeah, that. 
Try being stuck here in the State Capitol with every school district in the state coming in to sing...."Peace and Goodwill" ain't what I'm feeling... :pullhair:
Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 12, 2012, 05:24:29 PM
To her she is sharing lol...that's her form of sharing...
Trust and vulnerability are harder for some people.

Me eh well - I'm an open book. I don't get secrets, or being secretive.
They just surface feelings you didn't you had, and emotions rise. *shrug*

I'm not quite an open book....but close. I typically hide emotions until they explode...LOL Or at least I did pre GP. Now I find myself venting quite often.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

LOL  Roscoe, you're just being real.  It's what I love about GP.

sorry if I seemed harsh kkay.  By all means, continue posting about nothings and your feelings about them...   :thumbsup2:

I read that Obama has added 101/day gov't jobs since he first took office.  I can't decide if that is good or bad.  LOL  Good for the employed, bad for the gov't spending/borrowing to pay them.

kkay

I just don't share specifics about personal things in my life with people I've never met. Well, wait...I've met Seth. *Oh my, I need to improve my vocabulary*. Seth, here comes a pm :p

Nah, I just really don't like sharing details about this one thing because it's ultra sensitive and I'd rather just share how I'm feeling about it instead of the gooey details.

Sometimes it just seems like there are backhanded comments on here. That's why I left before but I don't really get that emotional anymore about little things.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

kkay

By the way..I'm sure it's not meant as "backhanded" but it just sometimes comes across as it.

Jenn - just certain things people say seem to have a meanness behind them.

Lynx

MellowYellow:  Because the alt text popup on mouseover would be lost if I posted the comic here.

And why does it bug you so much that I won't give my street address on a forum?  That, a picture of my face and my full name are the only things I have been secretive about.  Many here on this forum do not wish to share those things, for good reason.  Do you really have to call me secretive once a day?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Maybe it's the cape.  Some people think if you wear a cape you have something to hide.  Like a sawed-off shotgun or a physical deformity or something.  Yeah... it's the cape, definitely.   :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"

kkay

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 12, 2012, 05:40:54 PM
Maybe it's the cape.  Some people think if you wear a cape you have something to hide.  Like a sawed-off shotgun or a physical deformity or something.  Yeah... it's the cape, definitely.   :roll:

Or maybe I'm just superwoman :p

I don't have anything to hide. It's just one situation that I won't discuss with anyone that's not involved in it. It's something between me and one other person that we have to deal with. I just post on here to kind of get my feelings out about how I feel.

Melody

Quote from: kkay on December 12, 2012, 05:34:42 PMSometimes it just seems like there are backhanded comments on here. That's why I left before but I don't really get that emotional anymore about little things.

I think I've become a little rougher online in the last few years.  Especially after the split.  I feel a little protective and on guard to what seems to be fake people just on here for attention, not friendship.  That want the perks of friends w/o actually giving anything of themselves.  That's not a person I can trust, because they're not contributing anything to bond with.  The thing is, I want to see others open up and be real.  I love new friends.  I learned by example that GP is about having a place to be yourself, to actually share. That those are the ones that last and are real. 

I've met a handful of GPers and with the exception of one, they were all awesome people!  And that one whined and whined and isn't here anymore.

Lynx

Actually I was talking about my cape.  I got SippinTea to make me a couple, one black, one tan.  Causes a few comments, but I never did really care what other people think and I always liked a nice warm cape.

I didn't know you had a cape kkay.  What color is it?
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 12, 2012, 05:39:10 PM
MellowYellow:  Because the alt text popup on mouseover would be lost if I posted the comic here.

And why does it bug you so much that I won't give my street address on a forum?  That, a picture of my face and my full name are the only things I have been secretive about.  Many here on this forum do not wish to share those things, for good reason.  Do you really have to call me secretive once a day?

huh?  I missed where it became about you... lol  Isaac, I don't care whether you share your street address, I promise. 

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

kkay

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 12, 2012, 05:48:19 PM
Quote from: kkay on December 12, 2012, 05:34:42 PMSometimes it just seems like there are backhanded comments on here. That's why I left before but I don't really get that emotional anymore about little things.

I think I've become a little rougher online in the last few years.  Especially after the split.  I feel a little protective and on guard to what seems to be fake people just on here for attention, not friendship.  That want the perks of friends w/o actually giving anything of themselves.  That's not a person I can trust, because they're not contributing anything to bond with.  The thing is, I want to see others open up and be real.  I love new friends.  I learned by example that GP is about having a place to be yourself, to actually share. That those are the ones that last and are real. 

I've met a handful of GPers and with the exception of one, they were all awesome people!  And that one whined and whined and isn't here anymore.

While I understand that, I would hope that others understand that certain situations are private although some choose to share bits and pieces. I'm not here for attention. Not really here to meet anyone in person or anything either though. I just like talking to people who are like minded and, at least usually, very kind. I also appreciate a forum where you can request prayer and count on it happening.

kkay

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 12, 2012, 05:49:32 PM
Actually I was talking about my cape.  I got SippinTea to make me a couple, one black, one tan.  Causes a few comments, but I never did really care what other people think and I always liked a nice warm cape.

I didn't know you had a cape kkay.  What color is it?

Apparently, blue and red...wait, I think that's right.

Lynx

Quote from: kkay on December 12, 2012, 05:55:34 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on December 12, 2012, 05:48:19 PM

While I understand that, I would hope that others understand that certain situations are private although some choose to share bits and pieces. I'm not here for attention. Not really here to meet anyone in person or anything either though. I just like talking to people who are like minded and, at least usually, very kind. I also appreciate a forum where you can request prayer and count on it happening.
That's here, that's here.   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

kkay

And maybe I should correct myself...

It's not that I don't want to make any friends here. It's just that it's not my #1 priority right now in my life. I don't mind having new friends and old friends. I just have a lot going on right now and it's hard to make any new friends at this point.

Melody

*racks brain of when I said secretive*

Probably Isaac, we'd have to be around each other to find a working niche or something.  It's not your privacy alone.  It's your dramatic insecurity (as if some hacker couldn't still find you or that you are THAT amazing that people are out to get you)  coupled with the fact that either you don't have any local friends or it's weird that you never mention them, that you're a grown man living with your grandmother who plays with computers, is more excited about food than me... lol and can't handle any jesting at all it seems. 

Those things singularly are not weird.  All together...

Ever think that the cape jokes are meant to have FUN with you instead of you touting off about how you don't care what people think?  Geeze, I'd LOVE to just be able to be easy going with you.  Everyone makes jokes about me being a pothead since the first time I planted tomatoes and didn't know the difference between them and weeds when they sprouted.  I don't get offended, it's hilarious.  Friends are people you can joke with.  From the beginning, before I ever even thought different of you, you got your panties in a bunch over light jesting.  Not only that but there have been times you come off very pretentious, not just opinionated. 

So then I'm just put out with you.  I think it bothers me because I would actually like to be your friend.  I felt like I went out of my way in the beginning to be nice to you and your unique personality.  But you didn't open up, you just maintained the wall.  Making it clear you didn't want to be friends.

ALL that together I think causes us to rub each other the wrong way. 

So there.  Way too much drama for a sharing thread. lol

Back to fun  :P

MsJennJenn

That's what makes it the sharing thread. Besides the drama keeps it exciting. Heh....

Heating up my left over creamy chicken enchilada's while singing a Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...which I am singing very low, and very soulful like. Fun to sing.
-Alexander Den Heijer-