News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Haha! Glad I could help!

I'm feeling better. Decided not to go to the house today. So I went and got the stuff to prep for the potluck dinner for Sunday. I'm doing a chicken in the crock pot, and tater salad. I also got a thaw and serve peanut butter cream pie. Since we don't have an oven, I have to improvise.

Dad went to dialysis again today, even though normally its his day off, cause he wanted tomorrow free for when Chad is here to help with the house.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kmymbir

Well, it's a new day and I dare people to try and make up for yesterday, I just want my life to go back to normal. All I wanted was for the people closest to me to make me feel loved.. That never happens because my family and friends don't know how to express love! I mean they didn't even have to come see me you can express it through a text message!... Mel thanks... You were the only one to really make me smile, and I was actually shocked at how many of the people from here left me comments on facebook.. You guys are great!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

Well I know you didn't see anything I posted on FB... I have no FB.  But here's to a new day anyway. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kkay

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 28, 2012, 04:27:56 PM
Well I know you didn't see anything I posted on FB... I have no FB.  But here's to a new day anyway.

Same here. Last time I had one was probably 4 years ago.

Hope everyone's having a good day so far.

MelodyB

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 27, 2012, 09:15:21 PM
I DESPISE having to re-do things because someone gave you bad information and they didn't check their work in a report I had to use!  Something that I have been working on ALL week and have to do it over again.  GRRRRRRRRR!

I suggest shooting them.  Or if you'd like to be more low-key about it, poison them. 

:D

Chseeads

Well, upon catching up here, I see that you're all falling apart.

Therefore, I shall once again....

Shoot you all:  :fire:

:hypocrite:

MelodyB

:dies:

I'm going to bed. Big day tomorrow.

Goodnight!

RainbowJingles

Mel Mel: I know how it feels to have a list of people lined up and they all with one accord begin to make excuses.  It isn't fun.  So grateful that GOD is FAITHFUL and will never call in sick, or tired, or unavailable, or out of signal area...

**HUGS** Mel
**HUGS** Heather the coon-girl
**HUGS** Pumpkin bread and the maker and the receiver and the delivery girl

Isaac: FORTY?!?!!?  Score!  What were the artists of the CDs you got?!?!?

RainbowJingles

Lynx

RainbowJingles:  FFH, Shaun Groves, The Bishops, Russ Taff, all the Steven Curtis Chapman you could ever want, The Greenes, Ginny Owens, Misty Freeman, Sierra, Twila Paris, Watermark, Sunday Drive, Shannon Wexelberg...

I've never heard of half of these singers/groups, but they have some good stuff. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Oh, and considering my tactic of at-that-price-why-not-get-them-all, wiping out all the christian music they have, I came up with a surprising number of keepers.  The sorting I was doing whilst at work was listening to them and sorting out which to keep and which to save for trade-in next time I go to McKay's.  I wound up with 29 I wanted to keep.  At a dollar a piece, that's $40 for 29 good albums, plus 11 to trade in. 

What?  Yeah, I could copy the music from the 29 and then trade them in as well.  I'm just too stupid ethical for my own good.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Though I don't think I have failed in conveying how much I hate both the cold and having yard sales, my wonderful husband is both having one today AND had to leave on an errand, having me sit out here in 55° weather to man it.

So.  Yes sir, you may have this lawn mower that my husband just replaced the blade on for $5. 

Nathan will be so proud.   :hypocrite:

Heather

I'm torn between going to work on Brandon's house [which was the original plan] or staying here and helping dad with the underpinning [which he just decided to do this morning and recruit me]. Frankly I know dad will drive me bonkers BUT mom is also making chili and brownies for later. Decisions Decisions.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 29, 2012, 03:07:26 PM

So.  Yes sir, you may have this lawn mower that my husband just replaced the blade on for $5. 

Nathan will be so proud.   :hypocrite:
Oh, how I wish Nathan was a gearhead with a couple of old cars.........I'd be driving to Kansas City. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

HeatherB sounds like a split day is in order.  Go to Brandon's, then get back in time for the chili and brownies.  Best of both worlds.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

I'm voting with Isaac on that one. ;)

Niiiiice, Melodya. *grin* I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

English muffin/fried egg sandwich for breakfast. It was yummy. Now I want another. :cool:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

Apparently my onriness worked against me.   $5 sounded too good.  HOW CAN THAT BE at a yardsale. Isn't that the point?  I hate sales. 

Roscoe

Yep, trust Isaac to know exactly how to have your cake and eat it too... :laughhard:

And in other sharing, I am feeling quite satisfied/smug/proud.
At precisely the wrong time- a time when finances are, shall we say, less than rosy, our new dryer we got last year that I've given praise for decided to start making a horrible thumping noise. In addition, when I looked, I could see a small dent and cut in the side of the cabinet from something inside trying to get out.  :o  Visions of repairmen and their bills flashed through my head, followed by the image of a decidedly unhappy Lou and a clothesline..

Today, I, the Master Mechanic, decided that the odds were good that I couldn't tear it up much worse than it already was. I tied into it with my trusty toolkit. After a little examining, I found a bolt that had backed out of the side of the tub that was striking the inside of the cabinet. A few minutes work, offending item secured, and, voila, a quiet dryer.  :thumbsup2: Thank God for helping me avoid a bill I couldn't afford. :clap:
Quote from: MellowYellow on September 29, 2012, 04:08:15 PM
Apparently my onriness worked against me.   $5 sounded too good.  HOW CAN THAT BE at a yardsale. Isn't that the point?  I hate sales. 
Ship it to my address. I'll mail a moneyorder. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 29, 2012, 04:11:35 PM
Today, I, the Master Mechanic, decided that the odds were good that I couldn't tear it up much worse than it already was.
I like that logic.   :great:
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

I highly recommend you do not apply that logic when it comes to fixing your wife's sewing machine. If you want to know why, you can call my dad. :lol:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on September 29, 2012, 04:22:55 PM
I highly recommend you do not apply that logic when it comes to fixing your wife's sewing machine. If you want to know why, you can call my dad. :lol:

That sounds like a good story..... :laughhard:
Fortunantly for me, Lou does not have a sewing machine. And if she did, she'd be ticked at me because I've lately had a hankering to learn to sew so I can upholster some interior pieces for Rusty...

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller