News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

:sadbounce:  Nope. 

Not this year with getting ready to move and all.  I'm totally available for anyone coming through KC.  We have a conference here in a few weeks as well that I have to be prepared for.  BUT  I'm very excited about it being in St.Louis for the next few years.  I know that on Saturday the city has approved for there to be a giant prayer mtg. under the arch.  I eager to hear how the conference goes and the testimonies.  I guess it streams each night online too.

MelodyB

I was able to sleep in this morning. First time in weeks it feels like!

Now we are at the heart Dr. Then I'm not sure what all Dad has in mind to do. We need to figure out something good for dinner, seeing how today we are free to cook, and I need to utilize this day.

Washed clothes already. Need some ice for the cooler too.

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

I was yelled at all weekend by my dad. Got back to work this am to realize the kennel staff hasn't been taking care of my cat and dog. I'm not sure I can take on anymore stress. I've been on the verge of tears the past couple weeks.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

*Hugs* Heather... twice.

Mel! Sleeping in is lovely! Glad you were able to today. :)

Melodya - It does stream, but they charge an arm and a leg for viewing. :smirk2: I understand WHY - it IS expensive, but... yeah, I won't be watching. :updown:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

This lady at the drs office was sitting here filling out her paperwork, picked up a Crown Royal bag from beside her purse, and proceeded to pull her medicine bottles out one by one and write the names on her paperwork...that's fine, but a Crown Royal bag? Really? That just seems WRONG! Lol

Melody

Oh man!  I was hoping I could watch it. 

The only problem with switching with Jenn is that your boys would probably fall in love with her!  lol

Lynx

MelodyB:  Times are tough - maybe it was the only kind of bag the pharmacy could get for free.   :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 01, 2012, 05:08:40 PM

The only problem with switching with Jenn is that your boys would probably fall in love with her!  lol

aww haha - I doubt that!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

Actually, my boys are fabulous, and I don't want to give them away. ;)

They helped me clean house this morning, and were a very big help with some of the more heavy household chores. Thankful. :) So I'm now making popcorn and we're going to watch a video together and eat popcorn and peanut butter cookies and drink limeade. 'Cause we're cool like that. :cool:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

RainbowJingles

Mel: I had to google "Crown Royal" to find out what on earth it was.  I was like...  Is that a store...?  lol  And then I was like, "oh!  that's why she was making a fuss about it."

ANYway...  I googled "crown royal bag" just for fun.  Did she have one of the velvet drawstring bags?  If that's what it was, maybe she got it at a yard sale.  If I had seen it first, I might have bought it, cuz I wouldn't have had a clue what it was advertising.

MelodyB

RainbowJingles

Perhaps I won't ask how you knew exactly what it was...
:hypocrite:

*braces for a smite*

RainbowJingles

I think today is our Saturday.  Nice to have a day as kind of a relaxing day after the flurry of the weekend (youth service, Saturday of prep, and Sunday's flurry of activity and awesome services).  Funny I'm thinking of it that way instead of as a day when I shouldacouldawoulda...  :-)

kkay

If you all could, please say a quick prayer for me. I have to do something tonight that will be very upsetting and take a lot of time to get over/through. I just need strength.

Thanks and hope everyone has a good night.

Heather

And now I have to work over  :roll: I'm over today. So over it.

MelodyB

I may look innocent... :hypocrite:

We went to the store. Got some pork chops to put on the grill. They are marinating now.

My feet hurt. Always. Lol

Heather

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on October 01, 2012, 08:45:13 PM
I've never had pork chops

What! lol
I've had a pork chop that has been about an inch thick...about the size of a small potato.
SO juicy and YUM. That was in a fancy restaurant though.

Cotton Patch has GREAT pork chops. Oh man...*drool*

Then Mom makes pork chops all the time at home on the grill.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

No way! Pork is a staple around here. Chops, ribs, tenderloin...yummy.

It's the other white meat!

taco_harvell

I shall henceforth be known as "The Velvet Covered Sledgehammer"....ROFL
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

If I turn up missing soon be sure and point the investigators in Roscoe's direction..... lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on October 01, 2012, 09:09:24 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 01, 2012, 08:57:43 PM
What! lol
I've had a pork chop that has been about an inch thick...about the size of a small potato.

I just heard on the news that pork is getting ready to sky rocket because the grain prices went up from a bad harvest.  We'll see.  I made pork BBQ ribs yesterday.

I haven't had pork chops forever! Used to be my favorite food as a kid.  Of course, Iowa was/is the leading pork producer or that it's Iowa's biggest revenue, can't remember.  We grow corn, but pork is bigger business. And THAT is why Iowa is so liberal with all those farms.  They are almost all owned by giant corporations that practically run the state.  There are not as many downhome midwesterners there as you'd think.

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on October 01, 2012, 07:43:42 PM
If you all could, please say a quick prayer for me. I have to do something tonight that will be very upsetting and take a lot of time to get over/through. I just need strength.

Thanks and hope everyone has a good night.
I said a prayer for you, sis....

Quote from: taco_harvell on October 01, 2012, 09:29:28 PM
I shall henceforth be known as "The Velvet Covered Sledgehammer"....ROFL
Quote from: taco_harvell on October 01, 2012, 09:55:29 PM
If I turn up missing soon be sure and point the investigators in Roscoe's direction..... lol
I am innocent.....and you, my friend, ARE a "Velvet Sledgehammer".....Straight to the point, even when it is said with love. And it is one of the many characteristics you have that make me proud to call you my brother.....and irritates me when it's aimed at me, so badly I wanna bruise ya shins... :smirk2:
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 01, 2012, 10:56:18 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on October 01, 2012, 09:09:24 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 01, 2012, 08:57:43 PM
What! lol

I just heard on the news that pork is getting ready to sky rocket because the grain prices went up from a bad harvest. 
I shall forever be in mourning if this is true.....Pork and chicken are the two main meat staples of our diet. Beef is too expensive.....unless I catch the neighbor not looking. His herd of Black Angus sure do look tempting....sizzling on a grill- surrounded by onions and tomatoes- on a bun, :drool:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Just don't mount the head and make a rug out of the hide... lol