News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

The boys and I made peanut butter cookies today, and at their special request we put chocolate chips in half the dough. :) If you want a handful, c'mon over! :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

I. Am. Spent.

We cleaned out the house today. Every. Single. Room.

We had more help than we thought we would. Granny made a few calls and recruited us three hard working guys and then later two of the guys wives showed up to help. Also we had me and chad and dad, plus two homeless guys from the Salvation Army that we found to help.

We have the closets and clothes to go thru now.

I went through my room and just chunked a bunch of stuf that I didn't think I would ever part with. It was an emotional and tiring day.

Dad just got out of the shower, and that's where I'm headed now. It's been a crazy LONG day.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on September 30, 2012, 12:08:21 AM
I. Am. Spent.

We cleaned out the house today. Every. Single. Room.

We had more help than we thought we would. Granny made a few calls and recruited us three hard working guys and then later two of the guys wives showed up to help. Also we had me and chad and dad, plus two homeless guys from the Salvation Army that we found to help.

We have the closets and clothes to go thru now.

I went through my room and just chunked a bunch of stuf that I didn't think I would ever part with. It was an emotional and tiring day.

Dad just got out of the shower, and that's where I'm headed now. It's been a crazy LONG day.
So, Mel- y'all just salvaging, or are you going to remodel the house and move back in? Somehow, I feel I've lost track of you guys' plans here lately, I haven't been on here or texting as much as normal. Been busy.. :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

We are NOT moving back in. It's too far gone. Even if FEMA paid us the top amount, we couldn't repair the house and replace the things that were lost too. It's too much.

We salvaged what we could. The rest is in ashes in the yard. We had a HUGE FIRE. All the mattresses, beds, dressers, bedclothes, lots of things. It was an amazing fire, and I personally started it. But I didn't get much enjoyment out of it at all. It was kinda surreal.

*sigh*

I ate a piece of bread with some peanut butter on it. And a half glass of milk. Now I'm going to bed. Please say a prayer that I can sleep and feel better in the morning. Right now I ache all over and my heart is broken in a zillion pieces. One thing good from today though, I think my brother respects me. He understands why earlier this week I frantically called him and told him I HAD to have help. He sees now. So that was one good thing. There are other little things that were good today too, but that was the best I think. I'm just glad it's mostly done.

And now I'm going to bed at 8pm. ;)

Goodnight!

SippinTea

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 30, 2012, 12:25:16 AMSomehow, I feel I've lost track of you guys' plans here lately, I haven't been on here or texting as much as normal. Been busy.. :smirk2:
Priorities man, PRIORITIES!  First things first, check the forum.  All else can fall into place in its own time if you make time for the important thing first.  :demand:

Mel:  I can't even imagine what it's like so I can't really say I understand what you're enduring.  All I can say is I'll pray.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Did you take some medicine?  Try the real sudafed.

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on September 30, 2012, 02:51:04 AM
I'm dying.  :reaction:

I have a sinus headache.
Now that one I can understand, having been there.  My sympathy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Mel- *SUPERHUG!!*

After getting yelled at this morning I went to B's. came home to eat and help dad only to be yelled at again during dinner so let after to go back to B's and start stripping wallpaper. I. Must. Get. Out. Of. This. House!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

:hug: to my melbs

We just had 2 earthquake tremors!
And it's literally rained all day.
What's next? Lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

*Hugs* Heather.

Cheese - I'm sorry. Those are miserable.

:beret:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 30, 2012, 02:59:39 AM
Did you take some medicine?  Try the real sudafed.

I took ibuprofen.  And went to sleep in the dark.  Got up while ago and shut up the fowl which I had not done.

Going to go back to sleep for a while now....the headache wants to come back again.....

*retreats back to the dark lair to go back to sleep*

Newsman

MelodyB

I slept pretty good last night. It was a long night though...every time I woke up I still had several hours to go before time to get up. I love it when that happens! If I can sleep! If I'm restless, it's not so good though.

Got the coffee pot ready for my brother. Door unlocked so he can come in, and I'm headed to the shower. Then gotta go out to the fellowship hall and turn my chicken on. Then go pick up someone for church. And today, we celebrate Kimbers Birfday! Yay!

Lynx

So it was YOU that got the good night's sleep!  I was wondering where mine went.   :nono:

Kidding.  Although I didn't get much sleep, but that's normal for me on a Sunday.  If I had a 1st shift job I'd be a morning person, but Sundays are hard when my job is 2nd shift.  But I get a nap Sunday afternoon, which puts me in a good position to stay up late Sunday night, which keeps my sleep schedule right on track. 

And in the meantime there's always chocolate, the single most enjoyable way I've ever found of ingesting caffeine.   :great:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I slept great last night too! Up and getting ready for church. I've already been yelled at this morning by my dad. To go into our issues would be a whole thread unto itself. Going to strip more wallpaper at Brandon's after he gets back from school.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Sold some birds.

Smeared pooty up my arm.

I'm tarred.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Went to church, came home...oh wait...that's the same thing.

We had fifth Sunday dinner today, and I ate. Too much. So now mom and dad left to take Wayne home, and I am gonna lay before the Lord.

:sleep: