News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I just reread that and I'd like to state he has no issues whatsoever with my beliefs and me going to church. If nothin else he encourages me more than most people in my life ever has. But he has a lot of anger toward God and churches stemming from his sisters passing and the way the church they attended treated the family after. That's 9 years of anger, resentment, and mourning his loss.

Also on another note he was talking to Bro Ketron about cars (they had met at Autozone before) and my car came up somehow. So now Bro Ketron is gonna try to find the part I need for my car  :cool: God is so good!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on September 27, 2012, 01:08:56 AM
Quote from: SippinTea on September 26, 2012, 03:56:18 PM
Jason - are you thinking of Wrap Me in Your Arms? If so, it's not just guys that cringe on that one. I do too. :smirk2: And yes, the Why Men Hate Church book is excellent. There's another great one along the same lines, but I'm blank on the title at the moment.

:beret:

I don't know anything about the book mentioned, but in general I would say that some of the blame for "men hating church" could be drawn back to the issue of men shirking their duty to spiritually lead.  A lot of the weight of the modern day church has been carried by women, with women making up a larger percentage of congregations, women having to be spiritual leaders in homes that men fail to be in......

Another thing could be that the spirit of Jezebel has been allowed to take over in some instances. 

Anyhoo.....

I took a nap earlier.

I like this post. I agree...just was unsure on how to put into words....
Love it when Sethers surprises me like that. :)

That's awesome he came tho Heather. Slowly but surely wins the race. Time will tell! And in the mean time all of GP is praying...for him..and you!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

Quote from: Chseeads on September 27, 2012, 01:08:56 AM
Quote from: SippinTea on September 26, 2012, 03:56:18 PM
Jason - are you thinking of Wrap Me in Your Arms? If so, it's not just guys that cringe on that one. I do too. :smirk2: And yes, the Why Men Hate Church book is excellent. There's another great one along the same lines, but I'm blank on the title at the moment.

I don't know anything about the book mentioned, but in general I would say that some of the blame for "men hating church" could be drawn back to the issue of men shirking their duty to spiritually lead.  A lot of the weight of the modern day church has been carried by women, with women making up a larger percentage of congregations, women having to be spiritual leaders in homes that men fail to be in......

Another thing could be that the spirit of Jezebel has been allowed to take over in some instances. 

I wish I could give you a standing ovation for this post.  :great:

Quote from: HeatherB on September 27, 2012, 03:14:35 AM
Brandon came to church. He's still wary of speaking in tongues and if he believes any of its real but he did say he will come until he figures it out. One of our outreach ministers gave me a bible study to look over and give to him. I know it may not seem like much but just the fact he stepped foot into the building and stayed through the entire service (plus talking for 2.5 hours in the parking lot after) is a GIANT step in his spiritual life. Just keep lifting Brandon Henson up in prayer if you think about it.
Quote from: HeatherB on September 27, 2012, 03:23:39 AM
I just reread that and I'd like to state he has no issues whatsoever with my beliefs and me going to church. If nothin else he encourages me more than most people in my life ever has. But he has a lot of anger toward God and churches stemming from his sisters passing and the way the church they attended treated the family after. That's 9 years of anger, resentment, and mourning his loss.

Also on another note he was talking to Bro Ketron about cars (they had met at Autozone before) and my car came up somehow. So now Bro Ketron is gonna try to find the part I need for my car  :cool: God is so good!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Sometimes Seth actually can surprise us.

And I too rejoice with Heather!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: almondjoy on September 27, 2012, 02:42:08 AM
*is so glad she got to visit with one of the most awesome people in the world today!

Told her I was kidnapping her so she could cook, I'd bake, and Aaron would have to clean up after us.

*grin*
How many miles does she have on that car by now?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Too bad there aren't frequent driver mile deals.

That sounds awesome AJ.  There should a thread or blog about everyone's adventures w/ Chelbertina!  Like Flat Stanley but with hugs.

Tuesday we celebrated our CHELoliday by cooking down pumpkins, visiting big city libraries & making pumpkin foods.  Chel is just one of those Tasmanian angels you're blessed to get to see in real life & are kind if left in awe when she wisks away to her next destination.  I absolutely adore the friends I can talk about the good things of God with or just fun nothings! 

*leaves a hug for Chel*

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on September 27, 2012, 01:08:56 AMI don't know anything about the book mentioned, but in general I would say that some of the blame for "men hating church" could be drawn back to the issue of men shirking their duty to spiritually lead.  A lot of the weight of the modern day church has been carried by women, with women making up a larger percentage of congregations, women having to be spiritual leaders in homes that men fail to be in......

Another thing could be that the spirit of Jezebel has been allowed to take over.

Awesome post.  & better coming from a guy.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 27, 2012, 11:30:28 AM
Quote from: Chseeads on September 27, 2012, 01:08:56 AMI don't know anything about the book mentioned, but in general I would say that some of the blame for "men hating church" could be drawn back to the issue of men shirking their duty to spiritually lead.  A lot of the weight of the modern day church has been carried by women, with women making up a larger percentage of congregations, women having to be spiritual leaders in homes that men fail to be in......

Another thing could be that the spirit of Jezebel has been allowed to take over.

Awesome post.  & better coming from a guy.
I 100% agree... and I'll even bless you for that post, Cheesy, old boy. Of course I'll balance it with a smite, but hey,a blessing is a blessing.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And good morning all. It is my Friday.  :clap: I've got some tree limbs to haul off this weekend, and general maitanence around the house I need to do, but nothing major. I was talking with my sister yesterday morning about needing to buy a chain saw, and she told me to borrow theirs instead. Apparently the Lord heard me and decided to help- one of the limbs I'd planned on trimming was laying on the front lawn when I got home yesterday. Wish He'd been a little cleaner with His cut though.. :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Dr pepper and some mini crunchy donuts.

Breakfast.

kmymbir

My breakfast is oreos. It's the little happies in life that jump start a day. Thanks for this goodie bag Mel.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

It's Kimbers Birfday today!

And I just gotta say that last night I was in the smack middle of a very bad moment, and my phone rang...it was Kimber, just calling cause she felt to. I'm glad that God used her in that moment to help me thru it. I cried on her shoulder, and then we talked for two hours and laughed ourselves silly.

It was just what I needed! Thanks, Friend!

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

You may all line up to bless me in an orderly fashion for my stroke of genius. :P

Tended fowl, fixing to go to work..... :sob:

kkay

Hope everyone has a good day  :hi:

SLOWLY getting a grip on things.

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on September 27, 2012, 01:50:05 PM
You may all line up to bless me in an orderly fashion for my stroke of genius. :P

Looks like they did:

Blessing Meter +31/-175
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

kmymbir

Quote from: MelodyB on September 27, 2012, 01:31:45 PM
It's Kimbers Birfday today!

And I just gotta say that last night I was in the smack middle of a very bad moment, and my phone rang...it was Kimber, just calling cause she felt to. I'm glad that God used her in that moment to help me thru it. I cried on her shoulder, and then we talked for two hours and laughed ourselves silly.

It was just what I needed! Thanks, Friend!

You are so crazy. I'm glad I didn't trip out with you crying, it scared me I didn't know if I should pat you gently or smack some sense into you, lol but we made it through.
I'm glad I could help.
I love you friend.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

RainbowJingles

Quote from: HeatherB on September 27, 2012, 03:14:35 AM
Brandon came to church. He's still wary of speaking in tongues and if he believes any of its real but he did say he will come until he figures it out. One of our outreach ministers gave me a bible study to look over and give to him. I know it may not seem like much but just the fact he stepped foot into the building and stayed through the entire service (plus talking for 2.5 hours in the parking lot after) is a GIANT step in his spiritual life. Just keep lifting Brandon Henson up in prayer if you think about it.
:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party: 
Praying, too, but...  that's SO COOL!  :bigcheese:

kkay

Finishing up one chapter just to open another, related chapter.

Hoping this doesn't last a lifetime.

RainbowJingles

blah.  just blah.

That's just how I feel today.  *sigh*

The Purple Fuzzy

I DESPISE having to re-do things because someone gave you bad information and they didn't check their work in a report I had to use!  Something that I have been working on ALL week and have to do it over again.  GRRRRRRRRR!

MelodyB

I fell today. I was walking into our storage unit with a box of some of my things, and I tripped up the step, and fell into a stack of boxes that were already stacked there, and a glass giraffe picture frame that was in my box shattered and cut my hand. Ugh. Now my body is sore. Then I went back out to the house with Granny, and we cleaned some more again. It's beginning to get to me though. We have been out there and out there and out there, and worked real hard each time, but I feel like I've gotten nowhere at all. It's all too much stuff to handle. I feel overwhelmed right now.

But we are plugging along. Day by day. That's all we can do I guess. :)

Anyway. I came home, took a hot shower and took a nap. I feel better but my feet HURT! My brother will be here tomorrow and saturday, but my oldest brother just called and said he isn't coming to help. :smirk2: I won't get started on that. I'll be thankful for the one brother that is willing to come.

:hi: