News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Inez Can't Wait Till Sharing 468!

Started by Chseeads, September 07, 2012, 02:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 13, 2012, 05:49:25 PM
I need a vacation.  I'm seriously thinking of taking time off and just staying home since we can't really go anywhere right now.
Come up here.  Grandma keeps saying how she wants to meet you.  We'd pay for the gas even. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Well. Our Furby problems may be solved. (Moms dog)

He run off this morning about 9am. Mom let him out and didn't check to see if the gate was shut, and he got out and we haven't seen him since. Mom is all flowering out.

I almost want to laugh. But I won't.

I hate that dog.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Nelle

Cheeto.. I'm pooped. I smote you the other day when I came on. Feel special.

I have a kitty indoors now. My first inside pet EVER. His name is Ted and he is QUITE the sneaky little handsome devil. :)

Jeremy and I.. teach Sunday School, drive the church van to pick the kids up, and tonight we're all beginning a new arm of outreach. I don't think we've been lazy much since I've moved up here. I'm ready for a vacation tho!! :) From work and everything, haha. I love my job tho. I'm Accounts Payable at Brown Electric, Inc. We are electrical contractors (commercial, non-residential). :) The owners are Pentecostal, and happen to be the sister (and brother-in-law) to my (read: Jeremy's) grandma's brother's wife. :) haha.. KIN!

We had a little courtroom victory on Wednesday. Jeremy had been served a lovely lawsuit letter in March or April (after the wedding obviously). He was being sued by a finance company that had repossessed his ex-wife's car, sold it, and now suing for the remaining balance owed. His ex-wife had not been served any papers on the lawsuit, just Jeremy. Needless to say.. We've been stressing since then about HOW to pay it if we were ordered to pay. We've had continuance after continuance, but FINALLY it went to bench trial on Wednesday. The finance company's lawyer didn't show up, so the case was dismissed without prejudice. They have 30 days to appeal that decision and 90 days to refile (with fees). It looks EXCELLENT on us that they didn't show up.. because I mean, c'mon.. what judge wants you to waste their time? None. :)  I'm believing that God fulfilled a miracle on Wednesday in answer to many desperate prayers. So thankful! :) Praying this company will MOVE ON from us forever.

Anyway. That's your little update folks! :)

Heather

My family is stressing me out 400 miles away. I'm over it. I have to move out of this house and get away as soon as I can.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Aww, everyone on GP is wanting to run away....

We need the DOME about now.... :smirk2:

And Spud, I smote you back. :P

MelodyB

Yes! DOME reunion! With the addition of a few more...:demand:

Furby is still lost.

Church was good. I fought with a fidgty one year old most of the service, till I put him in a choke hold and he gave up and went to sleep. Nursery duty. ;)

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 13, 2012, 11:04:05 PM

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!  Did Taco take a picture of me while I wasn't looking?   :noo:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

MelodyB

If we have another one, you are TOTALLY on the list.

Heather

So if any of my coemployees worked for any of my former bosses they'd be unemployed. End of story. 1 coworker went home early Tuesday and Wednesday for different reasons. Took a 2.5 hr lunch yesterday because her tooth hurt. Then started texting me at 3 am asking if I'd please open for her because she had a terrible headache. It's ALWAYS something with her. Before I went on vacation it was her wrist and her foot. GAH!!! * Wash my mouth out with soap * it up and deal with it people. Where is a work ethic anymore?!?!?! The kicker is she's a 40something year old women. She can't even blame it on being young and lazy!!

Roscoe

Lazy is a condition that one does not outgrow.... :lol:

And morning, all. I got up, made sourdough french toast with the last of my sourdough- thanks, Isaac, it was tasty- and went to church and mowed the churchyard. I'd been having problems with my mower, and hadn't got to mow it this month. I felt sure someone would step up and mow.

Wrong. Lord, I needed a crew of illegal immigrants and a bushhog.....I got it mowed down to a respectable level, but weedeating will have to wait.  :smirk2: In keeping with my life's requirements that something must break or go wrong with everything I touch, the weedeater, a nice newer one, refused to start. Bah.  :pound:

Anyhoo....Lou and I have friends coming over for dinner, so I'm gonna make Parmasian Chicken and a nice salad....not sure on dessert yet. Otherwise, I may tinker with the 'vette a bit. Tomorrow is supposed to rain, so I've a stock of library books. And that is this day's chapter of "Life in Roscoe's World". Tune in tomorrow for more exciting events.  :roll:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

I say it's been too long since we've heard of your apple cheesecake.  :)

Still cold and somewhat cloudy today.  Supposed to get up to the 70's later. 

My wonderful husband is not a mechanic.  Therefore we have been the weirdo people with a non-running truck parked in the drive way for almost a year now.  We had paid it off, then the transmission went out.  Nathan's family got a rebuilt one for $5oo and it didn't work.  So they tried to get a refund.. no deal.  So we owe that much on a broken down... I'll end that sentence there.  Praise God someone came along and imparted wisdom to us to SELL for whatever and move on.  I can understand when you're a mechanic having an extra vehicle you're working on.  But not a number of them and certainly not when you can't work on it.  We kept thinking that at some point he would be able to fix his truck and use it.  Which would be great if we could afford for him to pay off the $500 and have yet more money to repair it.  It's not happening.  I'm so thankful for grace.  Why does American culture blur Biblical principles that should be easy to grasp?

Lesson of the day:  We have to take care to be stewardly now and God will take care of tomorrow.  To plan for tomorrow while neglecting today is the same concept people use for not paying their tithes.  God may help us not go completely under but we cannot prosper.   

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 14, 2012, 04:58:28 PM
I say it's been too long since we've heard of your apple cheesecake.  :) .
Made one last week.  :-\ We've a friend who I mentioned here before, with whom we have been close. They are Church of Christ. We used to have dinner at each others house every week, but had stopped when he went through some really bad times. Starting last week, we've started again. He and I have had many Bible discussions and I feel that our families getting together may play a part in us leading this family to the truth. At least that is my hope. They are great friends, and we have very limited amount of folks our age around us to fellowship with. It'd be great if they were Apostolic....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

We think they found Furby. :smirk2: the pound picked up a dog matching his description yesterday near the church. They are actually bringing him over her for us to identify him.

I reiterate, I REALLY dislike this dog.

Lynx

Yes, sourdough french toast is one of the best ways of using that bread.  Especially with some dark amber maple syrup and a little butter. 

Why not use weed killer around the borders?  I never have to weed-eat anymore.  :D  Just run the riding mower around.

And it is true, you never outgrow being lazy.  So far today I have done nothing but putter around.  I got all those records sorted out and a stack of the ones I want to transcribe to computer, but haven't got any recorded off yet. 

Mel, my condolences.  If it is Furby, send him over here.  We'll have him in shape in no time.  I like my dog and cat, but if they ever got uppity they'd learn real quick it doesn't work.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

On a better note, dad finally got a haircut, I got new (badly needed) sneakers, I had busted thru my only ones I had, and they were all flapping and stuff, and the truck got a well overdue oil change! If mom gets her dog back, today will have been a great day for everyone.

The Purple Fuzzy

My knee is hurting like crazy today.  Not sure if it's weather or what.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on September 14, 2012, 05:35:36 PM
On a better note, dad finally got a haircut, I got new (badly needed) sneakers, I had busted thru my only ones I had, and they were all flapping and stuff, and the truck got a well overdue oil change! If mom gets her dog back, today will have been a great day for everyone.

Well no - if she gets the dog back you'll be upset lol....you hate the dog!!

Melbs melbs!! :hug:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Yes I do, but what I meant was that we all got something we wanted today.

I still hate the dog. Mom has to pay a fine and Furby has to spend 10 days in doggie jail now. They brought him over and mom identified him, and they took him away in a cage in the back of an animal control truck.

Maybe he will get shanked in jail. :up2:

MsJennJenn

Doggie jail? HAHAHAHA that is completely absurd.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on September 14, 2012, 05:58:58 PM
Yes I do, but what I meant was that we all got something we wanted today.

I still hate the dog. Mom has to pay a fine and Furby has to spend 10 days in doggie jail now. They brought him over and mom identified him, and they took him away in a cage in the back of an animal control truck.

Maybe he will get shanked in jail. :up2:
Psst!  *looks around furtively* Hey sista, how much would it be worth to you to make that happen?  Cause I know this guy, see, and he can make um... "accidents" happen - for a price.  Interested?
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I am so totally serious. Apparently while he was out on his little excursion yesterday, he bit a lady, who in turn called animal control. They came and got him, and he growled at the officer. So the took him to the animal shelter. When mom was calling around to the shelters today, she found him, they brought him by so she could ID him, and they said he has to be quarantined for 10 days in the shelter to make sure he doesn't have any diseases, and that the lady's hand heals without complications. They called it doggie jail. Lol and mom has to pay a fine for him biting the lady, and the boarding fee for them keeping him for the next 10 days.

Lord.

Again I say...DUMB DOG!

And Isaac... :highfive:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"