News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Inez Can't Wait Till Sharing 468!

Started by Chseeads, September 07, 2012, 02:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

10 day quarantine is normal for a dog that bites. we house the bristol va animal control dogs at the vets office i work out. mel if you want i can sneek down something that'll take care of that dog for good. just sayin......... :cool:

i may get to go home early today given the fact i came in early but of course now we are getting busy. poop.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

Isaac, you earned a blessing for listening to Chris Rice.

Heather, you are automatically in the DOME. :bigcheese:

Melodya, my heart breaks for that poor family. I can't even imagine pain that bad. :cry:

Mellers, ditch the dog. You don't need the extra expense. Tell your mom he... uhhh.... didn't survive doggy jail. Or something. And have Isaac help you out. ;) And I'm sorry you have to burn your furniture, but even in the middle of the horridness of it, the irony of it still strikes me as a tad amusing. I hope you're able to get some fun out of it, since you like burning things so much. (I know that sounds dreadful, and I wouldn't even say that to most people. But you are Mel. And I am me. And you'll know what I'm meaning even if I don't say it right.) ;)

I am SOO tired today. I could seriously curl up in a ball on the couch and not move for the rest of the day.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

SippinTea

Oh yeah, Isaac, I mailed your cape this morning. :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Yes I know what you mean...naturally! It strikes me funny too.

And I can't really ditch the dog...as wonderful as that sounds. He isn't mine. And mom is paying for it out of her own check, so whatever.

He hasn't ever bit anyone before. But he was prolly scared, and she may have provoked him. Who knows.

At least I am free from him for the next 10 days! Yay!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Yeah, she just started getting it in Jan. it's only cause DAD has worked all his life...she can't draw it by herself. They denied her. She hasn't worked enough in her life. We figured it up, _I_ have worked more years and paid into Social Security more than she has! So as long as she is married to him, she gets a (small) check. 

sunlight

I was trying to figure out how that was possible. Sorry if that sounds mean.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on September 14, 2012, 07:32:46 PM
I am so totally serious. Apparently while he was out on his little excursion yesterday, he bit a lady, who in turn called animal control. They came and got him, and he growled at the officer. So the took him to the animal shelter. When mom was calling around to the shelters today, she found him, they brought him by so she could ID him, and they said he has to be quarantined for 10 days in the shelter to make sure he doesn't have any diseases, and that the lady's hand heals without complications. They called it doggie jail. Lol and mom has to pay a fine for him biting the lady, and the boarding fee for them keeping him for the next 10 days.

Lord.

Again I say...DUMB DOG!

And Isaac... :highfive:

If that dog that is like 1 foot tall bit a woman's hand, she probably deserved to be bit....  If he'd run her down and gnawed her ankles, okay, his fault....but she was obviously touching him of her own accord to get bit on the hand. lol

Home from work, TGIF, eating a bean platter.  I need to make salsa....

Oh, and chickens came in the mail this morning, that was the start of the day, then back to town for work, yadda yadda.

MelodyB

MelodyB

I got yelled at in the Walmart parking lot today by a random stranger.

Dad and I were driving around and FINALLY got a handicap spot. So as my custom, I parked, and was headed into the store to find one of the motorized scooters to bring out to him. So I get out, and I'm headed in, and this woman pulls up beside me in an suv, and flings her door open. She says "MA'AM! MA'AM!" and I turn and face her, she points at me and at our truck and proceeds to yell at me. She says "YOU PARKED YOUR TRUCK IN THAT HANDICAP SPOT AND I NEED IT!!!" I replied, "Yes ma'am I did, my dad is in the truck and he only has one leg and I'm headed inside the store to get him a motorized cart..." she stumbled over her words then, but still yelled at me..."WELL, YOU....YOU DON'T HAVE A HANDICAP SYMBOL ON YOUR TAG!!" I replied, "No we don't, we have one for the rear view mirror, which as you see, my dad just hung up there..." then she slammed her door and peeled away.

I. Was. Mad.

I went into the store, got his cart, and came back out to get him. I never saw that woman actually IN the store. Dad said if I saw her, he would wave his stump at her.

Lord. She totally messed me up for the entire time we were in WM. I couldn't even think straight. :smirk2: I guess she thought since I was a "larger" person, that automatically I was taking advantage of a closer parking spot. I have no obvious handicaps that she could see, but she judged me without knowing.

And for the record...I only use that handicap placard when I have one or both of my parents in the car. I don't take advantage of it, even if I am hurting or something. But people shouldn't judge.

I'm still kinda reeling over that confrontation.

Melody

Not sure anyone noticed there were 3 bomb threats today in major cities.  1 was our federal building, I guess.  Also a shooting @the Royal's stadium.

Back from the visitation.  So heavy.

Lynx

MelodyB:  When your dad said that about if he saw her he would wave his stump at her, I would have doubled over laughing.  I almost did just reading about it.  Great stuff! 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I am media free from the most part. Since we are back at the church, we have no TV or whatever, and I don't normally look at news stories on my phone, so I know nothing of any attempted attacks.

You should SEE dad wave his stump at people, Isaac...it's quite the show. Haha.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on September 15, 2012, 02:33:13 AM
I am media free from the most part. Since we are back at the church, we have no TV or whatever, and I don't normally look at news stories on my phone, so I know nothing of any attempted attacks.

You should SEE dad wave his stump at people, Isaac...it's quite the show. Haha.

He actually does it melbs? Lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Yes of course! That was one of his favorite things to do when he was in the hospital...but he still does it. ;)

MelodyB

Took dad to dialysis, went to the store, came home, ate breakfast, put supper in the crockpot, and fixing to take a nap. It's been a great day already!

FEMA will be here today to evaluate the damage to our house. Then we can start cleaning up and moving out. :hi:

Heather

Last day of peace and quiet today. The parents get home this evening. Hopefully will be able to go out to Brandon's for most of the evening so they can get in and settled. I really hate that my relationships with my family are this way.

Chseeads

ErinB

Are you kidding me?  LOL  Ya'll are still doing this sharing thing?  You're up to 468 now?!?!  That's crazy!  :)

Erin

Oh yay!  So I figured out my old screenname!  :)  Anyone out there that I know other than Seth and Sis?   :question:
Whatever God asks you to lift, He gives you the grace to carry.

Lynx

Of course we're still doing this sharing thread thing.  It's kind of like a chatroom that you can hit any time, you don't have to chat in realtime.  As such, it will be going until Jesus returns.  :smirk2:

And howdy ErinB.  You show as a newbie, but from the comment I take it you have been here before? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I've been around for about 6 years but my name has changed a few times and I've been more active in the past couple years than when I first joined.

Howdy though!!!  :hi:

Erin

Well, I am actually ErinB.  I couldn't remember for the life of me what my old user name was, but I found it once I was able to log in.  :)  Yeah i've been around here before, but it's been quite some time.  I'd say probably at least 4 years! 

Chseeads

Sharing Is Caring.

And you know how caring we are.  :hypocrite:

Erin

LOL  Yeah Seth....how could I forget??  :pound: