News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Confuse-Us say: He who has dog will get his licks, in Sharing 466

Started by Lynx, July 29, 2012, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

We have had lots of rain this year compared to last year and the mosquitos are bad.  We've already had someone die of the West Nile virus in our county.

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Oh  it must just be the midwest that had a drought.  It's the worst here in 60yrs.

MelodyB

We have had rain rain rain nearly every day this summer and I haven't seen many mosquitos here.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

I really haven't noticed any here. Not that I'm outside at night very much...but lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

kmymbir

Guess what!!!???
I'm with Mel in town.. and one of my favorite peoples sent US some stuff!!!
Seeing as I was here she is now required to share as to not spark my jealousy lol.
Oh and no I'm not able to get online, my phone is messed up, I also lost all my info in it.. I have nothing.
Ps... I quit my job.. and I feel like I'm back in Gods will.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

I only wanted to slap 1 coemployee today!! It's a Monday miracle!!

Watching Criminal Minds with mom.

18 days til vacation :)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on August 20, 2012, 07:32:08 PM
We have had rain rain rain nearly every day this summer and I haven't seen many mosquitos here.

They drowned.  :smirk2:

Quote from: HeatherB on August 21, 2012, 01:43:53 AM
Watching Criminal Minds with mom.

Oh, I miss the Team.  I haven't seen them forever.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Quote from: kmymbir on August 20, 2012, 11:28:09 PM
Guess what!!!???
I'm with Mel in town.. and one of my favorite peoples sent US some stuff!!!
Seeing as I was here she is now required to share as to not spark my jealousy lol.
Oh and no I'm not able to get online, my phone is messed up, I also lost all my info in it.. I have nothing.
Ps... I quit my job.. and I feel like I'm back in Gods will.
I'm not sure... how does one reinstall an operating system on a smartphone?  Is it possible?

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In the world of Isaac... I am currently frustrated. 

I have been tolerating certain eccentricities of my best (music making) computer for some time because I didn't want to have to reinstall from a backup image.  Finally yesterday I bit the bullet, backed up all my files and tried to reinstall... the backup image wouldn't work! 

This backup image is what I made AFTER I got my computer set up just the way I wanted it.  I could reinstall from it and not have to go setting everything the way I want it, installing programs, changing settings... it would have already been done.  I have used it to reinstall before.  But this time it didn't work, so I had to do it the hard way - install a fresh Windows and go reinstalling programs, changing settings... bleh.

Then I go to reinstall some virtual instruments, and I find I neglected to save a backup copy.  So I've been downloading fresh copies for hours.

I just want my computer back the way it was, minus the eccentricities that bugged me.  Is that too much to ask?   :frustrated:  Everything is more difficult than it should be.  I hate it when an inanimate object won't obey its master.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Morning. Going to the range today, so I will be pretty much absent from here until tonight...

Say a prayer for Taco. He went to the E.R. last night for chest pains and I got a text from RainbowJingles that they were keeping him overnight for observation, with a stress test this morning....I know he'd appreciate the prayers.
See ya tonight, have a great day. :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Praying for Taco!

Off to work. At least we get free lunch today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Newsman

Melody

I don't think I'm up to date Kmymbir.

Do you still live with your family?  And do you have another job lined up?

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

This Charles Sturgeon devotion was so sweet, I just wanted to share with you guys.

I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain." — Isaiah 45:19

We may gain much solace by considering what God has not said. What He has said is inexpressibly full of comfort and delight; what He has not said is scarcely less rich in consolation. It was one of these "said nots" which preserved the kingdom of Israel in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, for "the Lord said not that he would blot out the name of Israel from under heaven." 2 Kings 14:27. In our text we have an assurance that God will answer prayer, because He hath "not said unto the seed of Israel, Seek ye me in vain."

You who write bitter things against yourselves should remember that, let your doubts and fears say what they will, if God has not cut you off from mercy, there is no room for despair: even the voice of conscience is of little weight if it be not seconded by the voice of God. What God has said, tremble at! But suffer not your vain imaginings to overwhelm you with despondency and sinful despair.

Many timid persons have been vexed by the suspicion that there may be something in God's decree which shuts them out from hope, but here is a complete refutation to that troublesome fear, for no true seeker can be decreed to wrath. "I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth; I have not said," even in the secret of my unsearchable decree, "Seek ye me in vain."

God has clearly revealed that He will hear the prayer of those who call upon Him, and that declaration cannot be contravened. He has so firmly, so truthfully, so righteously spoken, that there can be no room for doubt. He does not reveal His mind in unintelligible words, but He speaks plainly and positively, "Ask, and ye shall receive." Believe, O trembler, this sure truth—that prayer must and shall be heard, and that never, even in the secrets of eternity, has the Lord said unto any living soul, "Seek ye me in vain."

How great and loving is our God! 

Nevertheless for thy great mercies' sake thou didst not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for thou art a gracious and merciful God. Neh 9:31

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Insurance called. They're counting my car as totaled. The engine wiring harness had to much damage. It would have had long-term electrical issues in the future. Too much money to fix. :sadbounce:

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

This could be a bad one ;)

"Earlier this morning, Tropical Depression #9 formed in the Atlantic Ocean. Latest hurricane hunter data suggest we will see an upgrade to Tropical Storm Isaac later this afternoon."

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It might drown people in sour dough and cheese cake.  hehehe