News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Confuse-Us say: He who has dog will get his licks, in Sharing 466

Started by Lynx, July 29, 2012, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 21, 2012, 07:59:18 PM
Sweeping all cassettes, records and CDs in his path...

And using his cape to hide all the loot. *grin*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Lord.

The he boss, or Boss Boy, as I've been referring to him as, called to ask me about covering the Target store this week cause the crying woman hurt her back or something.  That poor scrawny old thing needs put out to pasture, she has way too many issues. :P

And wait till it's far enough into the week to mess up my schedule, that just really helps....

Roscoe

Cheese, you talk like that poor overloaded lady is an old nag....why waste time on putting her out to pasture, just head on down to the glue factory, ya hard hearted heathen. :P

And I am back. Had an absolutly terrific day. I got to shoot lots of ammo and got paid for it. The BIG boss, (Secretary of State's Chief Deputy, who makes over $100k a year, definatly not my level of folk) showed up at the range. He's always been a nice guy and gone out of his way to speak with me, but at the Capitol I am somewhat more reserved.
Not so at the range. While I insist on a safe range, I can't help kidding and tormenting folk when I am in my element and the range IS my element. :lol:  One of the other instructors ran down and put up a target for him, trying to take care of him. Not me- next round when I called the course of fire, I made him put his own target up and tormented him just like I do my friends, even calling him out on some of his misplaced shots... He was shocked at first, I think.- He's somewhat used to folks kow-towing, I believe.   Not so with me. I told him, "These guys act like you sign their checks."  :laughhard: Oh wait- he does..... By the time he left he felt like one of the guys and told us that he had enjoyed it and hoped we would let him come back out with us next time... :freaky2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

The B I B L E, yes, thats the book for me...

Thats what song is stuck in my head today after printing some letters on the computer that spell HOLY BIBLE for Granny at the church.

Thats where i am at now, waiting on Kimber to come pick me up so we can go to WM.

Yayyyyyy!!

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on August 21, 2012, 10:36:15 PM
The B I B L E, yes, thats the book for me...

Thats what song is stuck in my head today after printing some letters on the computer that spell HOLY BIBLE for Granny at the church.

Thats where i am at now, waiting on Kimber to come pick me up so we can go to WM.

Yayyyyyy!!
:clap: Go Mel! Buy out Walmart! I need the stock to skyrocket so I can retire..... remember, every dollar you spend at Walmart helps your old friend Roscoe.... :freaky2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I am gonna get a Birfday present for my baby Bug...she will be Three on saturday! I cant believe it. She is getting two pairs of $5 jammies. And maybe a book. Idk if im gonna spend $6 on that book I want to get her yet.

MelodyB

And apparently I cant punctuate or use the shift key on the traditional computer anymore. since my phone does it for me most of the time, i have noticed my posts look horrible when i have to use a computer!

Heather

Home from work. Day 2 of the week and I only wanted to slap 2 people. [1 was the same from yesterday.] My biggest problem is that these 2 people are the owner/Dr's/Capt'ns step daughter and step niece. Therefore any rules do not apply to them. Anytime you try to help them you get yelled at. They sit in the back ignoring all customers and phone calls. They gossip about EVERYONE. They are just horrid people.....

17 days til vacation. We have decided to attempt to take the Passport. If she makes it to the Atlantic and back, my next trip will be to the Gulf  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

My car...

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Roscoe, you're hilarious.  I bet you guys blessed that boss.   :thumbsup2:

home from church and finally getting a bowl of the Bacon Cheeseburger soup I made.  It turned out pretty good!  I think it may need more meat next time though. 

I can't imagine while I'm eating so late every night why I'm not losing weight... lol  I do literally crave a sweet after dinner.  It's kind of annoying when I haven't made anything.  That's a good way to not overeat junk food if you have to be the one constantly making it from scratch and have kids ready to pounce on it.

Tom Bush preached tonight and he did great.  Talked about the 3 birds that are not nocturnal that sing in the middle of the night. Even with the threat of the owl hunting them.  It was from Isa.54:1.  Good stuff.

Melody

A bit of personal sharing...

Hannah is 10 wanting to be going on 17.  On one hand she's naive and peppy, quick to love people, on the other her personality struggles with wanting to be cool.  Today, after wanting to change outfits for the 3rd time, I reprimanded her letting her know she was crossing he line into vanity.  Wow.  Did that strike a nerve and reveal some stuff.  I thought perhaps she just hit the teenitude stage right then.  We got the chance to discuss the difference between name calling and calling something out.  That if our hearts are right, we don't get attitudes.  And that our sin is obvious to those around us.  Also that focussing on ourselves is not of the Holy Ghost.  Any other time she would have heard what I said and realized she was being silly and went onto something else.  Today, the devil tried to take some ground and he LOST.  It's amazing how a 10yr old can understand how the Word of God is a two edged sword and how a wise child hears their parents instruction/ chastening.  They might be younger but God's truths are not hard to understand.  And I find myself saying this over the years and still in moment like this:  "I love you too much for you to be a brat."  The day ended well with repentance and hugs and more discussion on feelings, being aware of other's feelings, and perspective. 

I am strict on my kids, that will not change.  But I gain such a love for God and a soberness? seriousness? I don't know the right word, about handling their hearts.  Sometimes even kids can be carnal and manipulative.  I can't always dote on them because they claim victim.  But I also have to remember that carnality is a slick thing that doesn't always consciously have ill intentions.  It's survival and kids will do whatever they're allowed to get what they want.  We have to address both the naivity and the carnality which is so much more personal, delicate and specific than dealing with an adult.  I don't know if I explained that right but perhaps somebody found that interesting.. lol 

I'm not a mean mama, I promise... LOL  I'm not all "everything is the devil or a spirit" but I do feel like today Hannah was battling something more than even just carnality.  Later, she said that she wanted to hurt my feelings and stay angry when she was chastened and we discussed that the devil is the same way.  He's mad that he's getting in trouble and instead of repenting, he is trying to hurt God by getting as many people to follow him as possible.  The Holy Ghost doesn't do that.  The love of Jesus works the fruit of the Spirit in us.  So simple and yet adults struggle with the same things.  Oh the mercy and love of God! 

My goal is that my kids have more discipline in their lives from the get go so that they can attain more in God as they grow.  Jesus help me.

MelodyB

Chseeads

MelodyB

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 22, 2012, 03:38:59 AM
Later, she said that she wanted to hurt my feelings and stay angry when she was chastened...
Your daughter is insightful, perspicacious and more importantly honest.  Many adults do the same thing and never notice what they are doing, and if they do notice they have far too much pride to admit, even to themselves, that they were doing it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on August 21, 2012, 10:30:51 PM
Cheese, you talk like that poor overloaded lady is an old nag....why waste time on putting her out to pasture, just head on down to the glue factory, ya hard hearted heathen. :P

And I am back. Had an absolutly terrific day. I got to shoot lots of ammo and got paid for it. The BIG boss, (Secretary of State's Chief Deputy, who makes over $100k a year, definatly not my level of folk) showed up at the range. He's always been a nice guy and gone out of his way to speak with me, but at the Capitol I am somewhat more reserved.
Not so at the range. While I insist on a safe range, I can't help kidding and tormenting folk when I am in my element and the range IS my element. :lol:  One of the other instructors ran down and put up a target for him, trying to take care of him. Not me- next round when I called the course of fire, I made him put his own target up and tormented him just like I do my friends, even calling him out on some of his misplaced shots... He was shocked at first, I think.- He's somewhat used to folks kow-towing, I believe.   Not so with me. I told him, "These guys act like you sign their checks."  :laughhard: Oh wait- he does..... By the time he left he felt like one of the guys and told us that he had enjoyed it and hoped we would let him come back out with us next time... :freaky2:

New in Roscoes life:  unemployment.  LOL

Also:

QuoteHe's somewhat used to folks kow-towing

What in the world is kow-towing?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 22, 2012, 03:38:59 AM
A bit of personal sharing...

Hannah is 10 wanting to be going on 17.  On one hand she's naive and peppy, quick to love people, on the other her personality struggles with wanting to be cool.  Today, after wanting to change outfits for the 3rd time, I reprimanded her letting her know she was crossing he line into vanity.  Wow.  Did that strike a nerve and reveal some stuff.  I thought perhaps she just hit the teenitude stage right then.  We got the chance to discuss the difference between name calling and calling something out.  That if our hearts are right, we don't get attitudes.  And that our sin is obvious to those around us.  Also that focussing on ourselves is not of the Holy Ghost.  Any other time she would have heard what I said and realized she was being silly and went onto something else.  Today, the devil tried to take some ground and he LOST.  It's amazing how a 10yr old can understand how the Word of God is a two edged sword and how a wise child hears their parents instruction/ chastening.  They might be younger but God's truths are not hard to understand.  And I find myself saying this over the years and still in moment like this:  "I love you too much for you to be a brat."  The day ended well with repentance and hugs and more discussion on feelings, being aware of other's feelings, and perspective. 

I am strict on my kids, that will not change.  But I gain such a love for God and a soberness? seriousness? I don't know the right word, about handling their hearts.  Sometimes even kids can be carnal and manipulative.  I can't always dote on them because they claim victim.  But I also have to remember that carnality is a slick thing that doesn't always consciously have ill intentions.  It's survival and kids will do whatever they're allowed to get what they want.  We have to address both the naivity and the carnality which is so much more personal, delicate and specific than dealing with an adult.  I don't know if I explained that right but perhaps somebody found that interesting.. lol 

I'm not a mean mama, I promise... LOL  I'm not all "everything is the devil or a spirit" but I do feel like today Hannah was battling something more than even just carnality.  Later, she said that she wanted to hurt my feelings and stay angry when she was chastened and we discussed that the devil is the same way.  He's mad that he's getting in trouble and instead of repenting, he is trying to hurt God by getting as many people to follow him as possible.  The Holy Ghost doesn't do that.  The love of Jesus works the fruit of the Spirit in us.  So simple and yet adults struggle with the same things.  Oh the mercy and love of God! 

My goal is that my kids have more discipline in their lives from the get go so that they can attain more in God as they grow.  Jesus help me.

Beautiful.

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

At McDs with dad. I had oatmeal this morning and an iced coffee. Usually I get a sausage biscuit or a sausage mcmuffin, and a hot coffee. This was a nice change. I wish the oatmeals were on the dollar menu though, I'd have two instead of one. I love them but it's a little too expensive for the quantity.

Wound care today, and then errands.

Heather

Awesome post MY!!

Work and I'm going to church tonight. I don't care the funny looks I get! A few weeks ago I dyed my hair :( I should have known the pattern and prayed against it, but anytime I make headway on my spiritual life I always end up lashing out. Generally my victim of choice ends up being my poor hair. I currently don't have the cash to fix it. I pray something IN me changes. I pray God changes my insides so I don't feel the desire to hurt my outsides (hair, tattoos, etc).
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy