A boars work is never done in sharing 4-6-1

Started by Babs, April 17, 2012, 02:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick One

A
Z

Babs

* Babs hugs Seth, kicks him in the hiney and goes back to packing
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Heather

work is going to be stupid today. i can feel it in my bones.

oh...and it's snowing  :o yes i said it. it's snowing here. on April 23.

so i think i'm just gonna move to MS and live with Kimber and let her drive me around since I don't have a car and she'll have one  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Babs

My latest blog post.

MsJennJenn

*Laughs at Seth breaking down and kicks him in the shin*

OH I remembered what I was gonna say...why is there a poll at the top of this thread?!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

kmymbir

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 23, 2012, 06:32:19 AM
Quote from: kmymbir on April 23, 2012, 04:28:25 AM
You nerd! lol. Yes we will hang out, and pray, and have random lunches together!
IF God can provide ALL of that, I am waiting for Him to provide me with the days off I ask for, that way we can still be at the meet-up!
So you want to have your cake and eat it too? 

Just picking.  :P  Here's hoping it'll work out.

Why limit God? LOL
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy :pound: Seth for kicking folks in the shin

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 23, 2012, 02:58:11 PM
OH I remembered what I was gonna say...why is there a poll at the top of this thread?!
Cause Barb has issues :hypocrite:

kmymbir

Quote from: SippinTea on April 23, 2012, 07:45:47 AM
Miss Kimber - Most of that post about Mel was exactly right on. She's been that kind of fabulous friend for me, too. But that whole line at the end about stealing her.... uhhhh.... :pound: She was my friend before she even knew you. So there!  :pound: However.... *pious face*... since I'm a Christian, I will SHARE her with you.

;)

:beret:

This made me laugh for a good while!
Oh I will share her, but she MUST stay local, I can not have her up and leaving me when I just get to move there! She has to show me all the backroads... Once we learn those I'm moving to your house with her, and don't be shocked if Heather is with us, and all the animals!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

Quote from: HeatherB on April 23, 2012, 02:22:24 PM
work is going to be stupid today. i can feel it in my bones.

oh...and it's snowing  :o yes i said it. it's snowing here. on April 23.

so i think i'm just gonna move to MS and live with Kimber and let her drive me around since I don't have a car and she'll have one  :cool:

Come On Down Friend!! We'll have fun, while I work hard all day, you and Mel can go shopping and sit at the beach LOL.

kmymbir

The only problem with the poll, is that my answer is not YET in the lead, but it will be.  :up2:

I did not want to get up this morning, it was really cold and my covers are super warm, but I did get up only to discover I have pulled something in my neck. With the pain of it I must of knocked a bone out of place  :laughhard:
I've got much to do, so I'm off, but I will be checking in periodically (can't have you all in an up-roar while I'm gone :loopy:).

MelodyB

Got tires on the truck and had breakfast with my brother! Dad will be tied up with dialysis till afternoon, so I'm gonna go clean the church and get up to the hospital later.

:hi:

And I agree...come on down, Heather! We could use another Heather around here...we only have two. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Dialysis...  :-\

Howdy y'all!  It's bright, sunny and not all that cold for a change.  Last night at church, right before the offering, Bro. Phillip mentioned that "Whoever is praying for cold weather, you can stop now."  :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

That's awesome Kmymbir and Mel.  You'll have to post more in your adventure thread!

I am highly stressed recently.  So I'm running away to GP land for a few minutes.   Some burdens are so close to your heart you can neither walk away from them nor take a breath without feeling the heaviness.

On another note.  I wish I could paint or was a wordsmith.  How can it be depicted when you feel the separation of your children growing up?  That moment when you realize that you aren't entirely in sync anymore.  That while you influence, your walks of God have become distinctly individual.  That while they can choose to be under our protection/authority, they are directly accountable to God and your Christianity is not entirely feeding theirs.  Ugh, it is so hard to articulate and it hasn't even demanded formal recognition yet but I feel it coming in my spirit.  It might be a few years yet but it's painful now.  I wish I could just sit in an art gallery, full of quietness and look on a portrait of such a thing.  I kind of feel like my heart is breaking but it's really not.  I kind of feel full of worry and anxiety but not quite.  I'm sort of upset but not at all based on the present reality.  LOL  Perhaps I'm losing my mind.  My children are good children, mostly behaved.. lol  But submission takes on a new feel when I know we must both be in authority and hold an expectation of submission and yet allow them to grow into their own person, very different than who we are, during these strange child->grey area teen->adult years.

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 23, 2012, 04:16:32 PM
On another note.  I wish I could paint or was a wordsmith.  How can it be depicted when you feel the separation of your children growing up?  That moment when you realize that you aren't entirely in sync anymore.  That while you influence, your walks of God have become distinctly individual.  That while they can choose to be under our protection/authority, they are directly accountable to God and your Christianity is not entirely feeding theirs.  Ugh, it is so hard to articulate and it hasn't even demanded formal recognition yet but I feel it coming in my spirit.  It might be a few years yet but it's painful now.  I wish I could just sit in an art gallery, full of quietness and look on a portrait of such a thing.  I kind of feel like my heart is breaking but it's really not.  I kind of feel full of worry and anxiety but not quite.  I'm sort of upset but not at all based on the present reality.  LOL  Perhaps I'm losing my mind.  My children are good children, mostly behaved.. lol  But submission takes on a new feel when I know we must both be in authority and hold an expectation of submission and yet allow them to grow into their own person, very different than who we are, during these strange child->grey area teen->adult.

QuoteI wish I could paint or was a wordsmith.

I think you accomplished the wordsmith bit...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

far cry from the intensity.

I know every parent is different but I most certainly have felt acutely intuned with where they are and what they're doing from the get go.  I haven't had all the answers but I had a feel for where they were at.  It's taking a new trust in God to not hold too tight to the reigns.  I could, I am a capable mama bear. But then I might as well imasculate my son and lose my daughter when she falls in love cause I know that is what it would do.  The opposite is so unknown though, after have been the mama.  And in part I'm thinking out loud future tense.  It's not the "Will they try something crazy?" it's "Will they wait upon the Lord?" and "Will they marry the right person?"  without my guidance?

it's kind of ___?  to think we spend all these years reassuring our kids that we love them and that God loves them and then are afraid that when they are grown, will they love God and us?  Parenthood is a mighty steep investment.

Roscoe

:o meller's getting deep today...... in sharing- I was bad today.  I wasn't feeling great, and it is lou's birthday, so I called in today. She has drug me from thrift shop to thrift shop. Now we're enjoying a pizza buffet. :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

My number one favorite call-in excuse - reportedly something an office worker really used one time - "I was driving to work and I realized I had taken the wrong road... and then I just decided to keep driving.  So I won't be at work today."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Babs

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 23, 2012, 03:03:10 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 23, 2012, 02:58:11 PM
Cause Barb has issues :hypocrite:

Hey I resemble that remark!  :updown:

My latest blog post.

sunlight

I think the ratio of answers to the poll is quite interesting actually... :grin: sure says something about the bunch of us.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Babs

My latest blog post.

MsJennJenn

The interesting part would be to know who picked what, and why they picked it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Babs

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 23, 2012, 07:01:08 PM
The interesting part would be to know who picked what, and why they picked it.

Change is interesting    :hypocrite:

My latest blog post.

Lynx

It won't let me see the results until I vote, but if past is precedent the choices will change soon anyway... So what are we voting on?  The closest I can think of right now is, "What was Dr. Seuss's favorite word?"
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

*giggles* @ Kimber's response.

MY - disconcerting much? I'm already hitting that because of the ages of the boys. I've heard many parents talk about that, but it feels funny to be dealing with those thoughts/feelings so soon after becoming a mom. :updown:

Barb doesn't have issues. She has the whole subscription. :hypocrite:

Oh, and I voted for "circle"... mainly 'cause I was thinking about love and friendship at the moment. :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air