News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

It will be like Heaven, when I finally find Kevin, in Sharing 4-5-7!!

Started by MelodyB, February 15, 2012, 05:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 20, 2012, 09:36:54 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 20, 2012, 08:53:15 PM
Mardi Gras parades are not good things.  Very vulgar.

Ooh, I missed somewhere that that was what kind of parade it was.  I am not very familiar with that, there isn't any significant celebration up here that I know of.   It's a catholic thing, right?
Mardi Gras---"Fat Tuesday". Yep, got Catholic origins....All I know about is they have, um, unique, ways for ladies to earn strings of beads. I still don't understand how ANY church could be aligned with the paganistic event. And I guess in america, it's mostly a Louisiana/florida/south mississippi thing, due to the areas French heritage. We don't have anything much to do with it here, anyhow.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

We are not involved with it in ANY way, but the Parade route goes right down our street in front of the church. People park in our parking lot and trash the property. So several years ago, the youth thought of SELLING parking spaces to the public. If they want to use our lot, they have to pay, and the youth and youth team would be there to supervise so no one trashes our property. It's a way to make a bit of money, and as an added bonus, we can keep an eye on our kids so they don't run off and watch the parade with the wrong kind of people.

There is a lot of drunkenness, partying, and nakedness and other lewd activities that go along with this month long celebration. So keeping an eye on our own is our main objective. I personally hate the whole deal, but we do have fun being together on that day. But this year, I had a bad feeling, plus other things that I've been having to deal with, AND we were expecting my brother to come in, so I was over it before it even started.

I was thrilled that God answered the way He did!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Let me clarify, Mel- I just read what I wrote, and I don't want to come across wrong. I wasn't referring to YOUR church and the idea of making money off of the parade. I was referring to the catholic church being aligned with it- NOT y'all renting your parking lot to the heathens. That just seems like good business to me. Make 'em pay their tithes one way or another. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

I thought she just wanted to go home cause comp'ny was comin'.  :smirk2:

Went to the dentist, went to work.  Came home.  Lord....

MelodyB

I didn't take it that way from you! I was just clarifying for everyone else. Lol

MelodyB

That's our point too...they will pay for parking elsewhere, we might as well sell ours so we make a bit of money. The devils money is always welcome to further the kingdom of God! Lol

Their money is green, just like church people money.

Chseeads

Speaking of money...did I declare in here last night or not what I decided I need to do? 

I need to pray earnestly and have everyone join in agreement with me that John Mellencamp and Meg Ryan get saved become tithe paying members of our church....

And then pray she gets some new blockbuster movie roles...lol

:P

MelodyB

Chseeads

Yes, I know.  You were the first.  Then I was going to share the brilliance with someone else and accidentally rehashed it with you.

But I want everyone on here to know it now as well. :P

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

He's a rock singer.  He lives just up the highway from here.  He recently divorced his wife (or in the process at least, I don't know if it's final or not) of like 18 years, and Meg Ryan is his new girlfriend. 

Yesterday on the way to town there was a fancy black Corvette going through the gate into his driveway and I figured it was likely either him or her one or the other...I don't know what all they drive.  lol  I've seen him before, I was behind him once when he was on his motorcycle...I didn't know it was him till he pulled in his driveway.  I've never seen Meg Ryan yet.  People see her around town every once in a while though out and about.

Chseeads

Personal life

Mellencamp lives five miles outside of Bloomington, Indiana on the shores of Lake Monroe [1], but he also has vacation homes in Daufuskie Island, South Carolina and Tybee Island, Georgia.[13] He married former supermodel Elaine Irwin Mellencamp on September 5, 1992, but on December 30, 2010, Mellencamp announced that he and Irwin had separated after 18 years of marriage.[14] Their divorce became official on Aug. 12, 2011, with the couple negotiating "an amicable settlement of all issues involving property and maintenance rights, the custody and support of their children, and all other issues," according the settlement agreement.[15] Mellencamp has five children from his three marriages: Michelle from his first marriage to Priscilla Esterline (1970–81); daughters Teddi Jo and Justice from his second marriage to Victoria Granucci (1981–89); and sons Hud and Speck from his marriage to Irwin. He has since gone public with his relationship with actress Meg Ryan.[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mellencamp

MelodyB

Chseeads

You know how the rich and famous are about naming children. lol  :P

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on February 21, 2012, 04:12:41 AM
You know how the rich and famous are about naming children. lol  :P

Seriously.... Lol
Apple is some bodies kid....I've seen worse too!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Newsman

Well, at least he seems to like marriage, as it looks like he's been married all but a couple of the past 31 years, albeit to three different women.

Howdy, folks!

John  :waving:

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 20, 2012, 09:36:54 PM

Ooh, I missed somewhere that that was what kind of parade it was.  I am not very familiar with that, there isn't any significant celebration up here that I know of.   It's a catholic thing, right?
Um... well that's how it started.  The Pope wouldn't claim it now though, I bet.  The drunkenness is the least of the problems.  And they weren't kidding when they mentioned nakedness. 

Have I ever mentioned how glad I am to live up here in Tennessee?  Well I am.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

I am haunted by greeting cards....I close my eyes and they appear.... :freaky:

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

I could've sent her hundreds of leftover valentines, but they all get thrown away.

MelodyB

WHY?! Why wouldn't they save them till next year? That's wasteful!