News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

It will be like Heaven, when I finally find Kevin, in Sharing 4-5-7!!

Started by MelodyB, February 15, 2012, 05:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Oh my word....

This evening the pro wrestler guy's girlfriend that got the duck(s) from me before texted me asking if I had any baby ducks or bunnies.  I don't.

I just saw this post on Craigslist that she has put on there:

I have one more 4 week old baby bunny!
SO CUTE. Very loveable, and doesn't fidget when you hold him.
He's very soft and fluffy and tiny.

I am asking a $75 re-homing fee to ensure a good living conditions. Also he will come with a Rubbermaid Storage Tote (Brand New), full bag of bedding, 2 Salt Blocks, Full Bag Of Hay, Full Bag Of Food, and Dishes. :)

Call, text or e-mail for more information and pictures! I am up very, very late so get a hold of me anytime!

-----------------

She HAS a 4 week old bunny (they're usually not even weaned yet at that age really....maybe getting close, kind of iffy).....  And wants $75 for it?  Good night Irene.

Lynx

A thing is worth what one is willing to pay for it.  Value is relative, otherwise free trade could not exist.  If she can find someone who will $75 for it, by definition it is worth $75. 

To me it would not be worth that though... my cat would probably kill it in three seconds flat and eat it before sundown.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kmymbir

Note to Mel: Do not forget clothes, Ipod, toothbrush, and Narnia!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Roscoe

Morning, all. I am up and at work.  :hi: Had a great service last night- Lou didn't feel well, so I went alone. I'm glad I did. Only problem was, I went to bed around midnight. It is a very short length of time between midnight and four a.m.... :o Anyhoo....Have a great day everyone. Or, if you'd rather- just have a day (Cheese).  :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:  It's supposed to get in the upper 80s today. :o  That's warm for Feb even in Tx

Melody

Hiya. 

Ever have one of those days where you are in public & this kid has the case of the "lemme & gimme's" & someone accidently snacks them out of reflex & then apologizes cause it wasn't their own kid they smacked but it was the first thing they thought of to let them have & give them?

Well that scenario played out in my mind so I smacked mine upside the head to never have to live through that. 

#nippin it in the bud

Actually, my kids almost never do ghat, I can't even remember her doing that before so it must be something she decided to try.  I think she concluded it was a fail.  :)

MelodyB

I saw this lady in Walmart once scream at her kid, then when he still was acting out, she took her flip flop off and beat his backside with it! It was hilarious! I had to walk away so I wouldn't laugh. He really deserved the punishment, and she wasn't hitting him hard enough to be abuse, so I found it quite funny.

Still makes me chuckle. Bad me. Lol

myhaloisintheshop

Dylan was having a massive meltdown in the van one day.  I was at the end of my rope with him and he let me know there wasnt a thing I could do because I was driving.  I pulled into Ace hardware....got out....walked in and asked for a 5 gallon paint stick (they are free) and walked out with one in each hand.  My other boys were laughing their rears off and Dyl was terrified.   Needless to say we haven't had a meltdown like that since.  I didn't have to paddle him once before his attitude changed.  Although he got himself a good swat when he got home.   

mini

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on February 23, 2012, 04:16:45 PM
Dylan was having a massive meltdown in the van one day.  I was at the end of my rope with him and he let me know there wasnt a thing I could do because I was driving.  I pulled into Ace hardware....got out....walked in and asked for a 5 gallon paint stick (they are free) and walked out with one in each hand.  My other boys were laughing their rears off and Dyl was terrified.   Needless to say we haven't had a meltdown like that since.  I didn't have to paddle him once before his attitude changed.  Although he got himself a good swat when he got home.   

I wish we could like status'...ROFLOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Today is one of those days where I pay for all those boring days I enjoy so much...

I get to work a little early, and some guys are pulling out.  Looked like they had just filled up, no big deal.  I didn't recognize the plane, looks like they may have done a cross country or something.  Its a older plane, which is not uncommon, but not in the best of shape...

The guy who rents part of the hangar comes over right away, and says the plane had been having problems.  As we stood there talking, we could hear the guy trying to run-up and sure enough it wasn't running right.

The guy then pulls out on the runway, starts to take off, and the plane is backfiring like crazy...he aborts takeoff and pulls back to the terminal (thank goodness).

They proceed to work on it, and in the mean time, we have a jet pull up, needing fuel, and picking up passengers.

While the jet was waiting on the last passengers to arrive, the smaller plane takes back off...gets off the runway, and loses power...and lands off the runway in the grass.

I see it happen, and shoot out the door, my help runs out the hangar door to get the truck, and we tear out of here like mad men.

All was ok...but we scared the jet passengers to death...LOL

I guess the guy got some bad fuel west of here yesterday afternoon, made it here, and figured it would all go away.  Lots of water in the fuel he got east of here...*sigh*

Melody

You go Mama!

Lol  I don't think I'd feel like flying after that, mini.

mini

Theres a big difference between a plane that runs right and one that doesn't...this one didn't.

Chseeads

I have seen a few kids while I've been at work that needed a good beating.  lol 

There was a screamy whiney one the other day that I wanted to turn around and say, "Do you want me to smack you!?" just to see if it'd shut them up.  I refrained. :P

SippinTea

Generally when I see kids acting up in stores it makes me want to smack the parents. :P Terrible, I know. But it seems like most good parents handle it immediately (like in the above stories) and the bad parents just let the whining go on. And on. And on. And on. At which point... yeah, I want to smack the parent for letting their child grow up a brat. :lol:

However, now that I'm "mom"... well, we'll see if my story changes in a few years. :lol:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on February 23, 2012, 06:50:33 PM
However, now that I'm "mom"... well, we'll see if my story changes in a few years. :lol:
Or in other words, "Everyone knows what to do with a kicking mule... until he has one of his own."   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

myhaloisintheshop

I will say this...just because a kid is throwing a massive fit....never jump to conclusions.   Although my kid is 10 and looks like he should be able to behave in the grocery store doesn't mean there arent underlying reasons on why he is crying and begging to go home.   

i know the difference between bratty behavior or not in my kid.  Its embarrassing to me but there are times I have to run the errand despite the fact or not of the interuption in his schedule or that he has severe anxiety at that moment. 

Its too much to go into but Ive had more than my fair share of judgements.  Most before we had an official diagnosis that Dylan has aspergers.    Very thankful that most days are good but we had a rough go of it in the beginning.   Lots of unwarranted swats  :smirk2:

SippinTea

Right, Isaac. :)

Sarah - totally agree. And maybe I've been too hasty on occasion, but I have worked with a fair number of autistic and high needs kiddos, and I can generally spot them fairly quickly. There's just a difference in HOW they're behaving... even if it's the same behavior. Sounds stupid to a lot of people, but I'm sure you'll know precisely what I mean. *lol* Once you've taught/had a child with "severe anxiety" stuff going on, it's easier to spot. *shrug* I'm sure I miss it sometimes, but I don't always. :)

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

SippinTea

Somewhat amusing and somewhat not:
We recently had a family start coming to our church with a child who is extremely autistic. Definitely nothing his parents can do to "hide" the behavior issues they're dealing with. Well... one of the older ladies (someone who, as far as I know, has never had any experience with autistic kiddos) turned into a seething little boiling pot when he started acting out. The parents were doing everything they could (and doing fabulously, I might add) but sometimes there's just not a lot you can do at the moment (and most especially with a three year old). Anyhow, my mom cornered the older lady after church to have a chat, and made a big deal about how wonderful this new young mom was, and all these challenges they're facing, and what a trooper this mom is to keep trying to bring her three little ones to Sunday school, and how this gal never really had a good mom herself - but is doing such a fabulous job with her own, when SHE needs a mom-figure. You should have seen the attitude change. *lol* It was quite hilarious to me, actually. I mean, I wish the older lady would have been more understanding up front. But the complete flip-flop from a seething "why aren't they DOING something about that horrible child!?!" to "Oh, the poor dear, we should help her out and be her friend" was both amusing and... well, a bit frustrating. :updown:

MelodyB

I just wanna say that GPers make up some of the best friends in the world!

:bigcheese:

Lynx

Sippin_Tea - Just be thankful there WAS a change.  It could have remained at the seething pot stage.  It happens. 

In other news, the wind is blowing fit to break something around here.  No storm, no rain, a bright sunny day here, but enough wind to sail a fleet.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Sometimes a person just doesn't understand, Ruby.  At least she was better when her eyes were opened. If you've never been in that situation, you really don't know WHY the kid is acting up and think it's the parents.  Dunno... I can see both sides.

On another note, maybe Seth has autistic tendencies...