News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

The Return of Mt. Dew should be celebrated in Sharing 452!

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2011, 12:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

@MDew...the Angels are awesome people. She is plumb crazy!

Call into work today. I was hit with the stomach bug about 4:30....worse pain ever. Oh wow. My whole body still aches. But I'm doing better.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Psssh, wuss....my appendix rotted out and it wasn't that bad.  :P  :hypocrite: 

Roscoe

I made it through the day. They're doing some work in the parking lots at work and are removing alot of shrubbrey, so I persuaded them to give me a few holly bushes. I've been wanting a few for the front of the house- they'd look nice and be lower maitnance than the three trillion species of flowers that the old lady that originally owned this place planted. She was retired and spent all day in the flowerbeds- I don't have that much time.
The problem was the holly bushes had to be planted quickly if they are to have a prayer at survival, so I got to dig three holes the size of Lake Superior as soon as I got home. Made a fat boy work. :P

And then I remembered that we are having a christmas dinner at work tomorrow, and I got conned into making a Caramel Apple Cheescake for it. It's in the oven now..... And I ain't doing anything else tonight! :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Newsman

Roscoe

Y'all are a bunch of chatterboxes.  :P

Back at work. Gonna eat goooood today! Potluck christmas dinner....mmm,mmm.  :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Poured down rain all yesterday & still raining. Nathan's job cancelled work yesterday & now today. He's not a happy camper. 

I think I'll take some pictures around the church today while I finish cleaning.

Roscoe,  take a picture! Is that the only kind of holly plant?  I heard it preached years ago that "holly wood" was the kind of wood witches used to practice divinations.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

I think my lunch today will be celebrated ALN style...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Went to the church and took some stuff over there, bottled water, Christmas treats, crud that I had that needed hauled over there....  And paid the concrete guy.....  I don't know why he never just mailed a bill before.  But he finally called and wanted to meet me to pick up a check. 

Anyhoo...I need to tend the fowl in a minute.

Mountain Dew

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 20, 2011, 01:30:56 PM

Roscoe,  take a picture! Is that the only kind of holly plant?  I heard it preached years ago that "holly wood" was the kind of wood witches used to practice divinations.

Back off, Matilda! You can't be snatching Roscoe's plant, you herb-eating lunatic! Fly your broom elsewhere!
Delight in the Lord...

Roscoe

:lol: Actually, mellow yellow, I mispoke. I was told that they are boxwoods, not holly. No matter- they are an evergreen shrub with pretty red berries and will require less maitnance than the current plants.

Lynx

Pretty and less maintenance.   Sounds like a win-win to me.  :great:

Morning y'all.  It's 9:50 here and the family is still abed.  And I thought I'd be the last one up, working until midnight and all. 

Maybe it's the rain.  It's been raining hard for some time now.  Good weather for long naps.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Oh lord. As the bible says to confess your faults one to another- I have sinned. I have eaten WAY too much... now to find a corner to curl up in and sleep..... :thumbsup2:

Heather

2 days til the GP wedding! I'm excited. Especially since I may be getting an awesome hug too.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Man, I wish I could go to that wedding! Just no way I could do it.... :sadbounce:

Heather

I wish I had a house big enough for everyone to stay in. That way I could just be like 'just make I here and I'll take far of the rest'.......but alas......

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on December 20, 2011, 06:13:33 PM
2 days til the GP wedding! I'm excited. Especially since I may be getting an awesome hug too.
Yes I heard a rumor that a professional hugger will be there. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on December 20, 2011, 06:21:54 PM
I wish I had a house big enough for everyone to stay in. That way I could just be like 'just make I here and I'll take far of the rest'.......but alas......

What been you drinking have?

Lynx

I translated it as "Just make it here and I'll take care of the rest"... but I could be wrong.  Hard to tell with the given source material.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 20, 2011, 07:10:40 PM
I translated it as "Just make it here and I'll take care of the rest"... but I could be wrong.  Hard to tell with the given source material.

What he said.

And that should have said 'sitting on my bum and crocheting'.

.....boys.....

mini

Chseeads

Maybe you can crochet a bum cozy.....  Compete with Trends of Bend.

IowaSkirtGirl

I should be asleep..since there are cows that I will finally get to go back to work and see.

I was sick...I am getting better....

Mailing my cards in the Am. I doubt any of you have them before Christmas..Shoulda warned you all that I am a slacker :(

I went shopping with an old friend. A girl that I used to get in quite a bit of trouble with. It was nice that both of us have grown up ALOT in the last few years. I adored her then, and she kept me out of as much trouble as I got her in...I truly adore her now...even though I go to the "church where they are all crazy and run around". I smiled and then laughed...she wasn't being mean, but then she referred to her church as a church of old people...I said we have old people too, they do most of the runnin around ;)]
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!