How Many Chickens Are In Your Crate? Count 'Em In Sharing 448.

Started by Chseeads, October 13, 2011, 01:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on October 23, 2011, 06:21:44 PM
I think I may take a nap. 
Ah, so that's why there's one missing.

Apparently my grandma likes these cinnamon rolls I experimented with.  At this church on the 4th Sunday night after service we meet-and-eat.  I took all the cinnamon rolls that resulted from the experiment, minus what we had already eaten, and I was going to take them to church for tonight after church.  Grandma kept asking "Are you taking ALL of them?  Not going to leave just a few?"  I kept having to reassure her I could make more, they're a lot easier to make than sourdough bread, it would be okay.  This was repeated multiple times before I could get out the door. 

I have to admit, they are pretty good.  Gonna have to do this one again.   :fork:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 23, 2011, 06:42:58 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on October 23, 2011, 06:21:44 PM
I think I may take a nap. 
Ah, so that's why there's one missing.

Apparently my grandma likes these cinnamon rolls I experimented with.  At this church on the 4th Sunday night after service we meet-and-eat.  I took all the cinnamon rolls that resulted from the experiment, minus what we had already eaten, and I was going to take them to church for tonight after church.  Grandma kept asking "Are you taking ALL of them?  Not going to leave just a few?"  I kept having to reassure her I could make more, they're a lot easier to make than sourdough bread, it would be okay.  This was repeated multiple times before I could get out the door. 

I have to admit, they are pretty good.  Gonna have to do this one again, and send some to a good friend who is a cop in Arkansas and works at their state capitol  :fork:
Thank you! How nice. I'll be eagerly awaiting them... :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

All mine are gone to church.  Ask Chel if she'll share.  :hypocrite:

And check your PM.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Lynx

I see that.  You took one, didn't leave any for the rest of us.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

I'm slightly bummed.  Just found out that the song I've been picking at last week, that the music director said we needed a soundtrack for, we don't need anymore. She found a whole project that she wants to do.  It's not really her fault... she was thrown into this and was scrambling in red-alert mode, trying to figure out what to do.  But I'm still a bit put out.

I'm thinking of continuing on this song though, as it would be a great learning experience for me.  But I can't imagine who would sing it.  Brooklyn Tabernacle's "His Plan" is the song, and it's more of a choir song than something for a solo. 

Phooey.

By the way, forum seems fixed.  I can see what I'm typing now.  Doesn't improve content apparently, but at least I can fix typos now.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

5 got baptized & 10 got the HG.  Heaven will be a little fuller!

One of the folks that got the HG was the hubby of the family that I've been teaching Bible studies to! PTL I've been working on him to come, it was his 1st visit!  I'm on cloud 9.

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Burned trash, tended fowl....piddled around here now....

Got an excavator/concrete guy to meet at the church in the morning....  And I need to get part of my painting done there.... 

Lord, I'm never going to be done with things...

*screams*

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Uggg is right.  Today is a good bacon and eggs, buttermilk biscuits, gravy (the white kind), glass of milk, and some real jelly kinda morning.  When I strike it rich, that's gonna be on my list...a cook and butler who serves that to me every morning.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Quote from: minnesota68 on October 24, 2011, 11:50:38 AM
Uggg is right.  Today is a good bacon and eggs, buttermilk biscuits, gravy (the white kind), glass of milk, and some real jelly kinda morning.  When I strike it rich, that's gonna be on my list...a cook and butler who serves that to me every morning.

You have a son and a daughter.  Make them do it. lol

:yawn:  I'd rather be back asleep again too.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

The way I heard it, raising kids is like nailing jello to a tree.

Morning y'all.  Back to music stuff.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Going to work on getting rid of some junk I put in storage. Not sure why I decided to keep half this stuff.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

IowaSkirtGirl

In the waiting room at the doctor waiitng on my test results...baaaaaaad day so faar
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Newsman

Lady Melodya, that is great!

Lady ISG, I'm praying.

Everyone else  :hi:

John  :waving:

Chseeads

Lord....met the excavator/concrete guy...he's supposed to do stuff this week.....now I'm all frazzled hoping this is the best way to go about it....  And worried that we'll hit water when they dig the cistern hole....cause they did when they put the septic system in.....  Which is ironic, putting in a cistern because you don't have enough water, yet if you dig a hole it fills with water.....but the crux of it is, that the well does not meet demand in dry spells, so we need something that will allow us to not have to dip water out of the baptistry with a bucket to flush the John....

Which as I was about to type that last statement, it came to me, "Boy, that gives new meaning to the term "John the Baptist."  lol

:biglaugh:  :roll:

Yes, we'll have to keep water hauled to keep the cistern filled....but....you have to haul water to fill the baptistry to flush the pot with anyways....and at least if it's running into the plumbing from a source the toilet will do it's own flushing sans bucket.  :smirk2:

Lord.  Never seen the like. 

But then I think to myself...well, wait, maybe we should've drilled a new deep well instead of what we've got and instead of a cistern?!?  :reaction: 

:roll:

I just hope we can get the thing set....and if they hit water, that they can still get the stupid thing socked in there appropriately in the muddy hole. 

In other news, I AM GOING TO BE CRIPPLEDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!  :reaction:  Lord, I painted and it about killed me.....  Part of it is done, but part of it I am going to do a second coat on....and then I still have to paint the outhouses.....

I'm going to die.

DIE I said!!!!!!!!!

Pardon the lengthy rant, I had no other outlet for most of the day to unload on, except for the stupid wasps and bees of various sorts I had to keep killing.

Chseeads

Roscoe

ISG- praying for you...
Chicken King- you have my sympathy. But not my help.  :P
Taco- I don't envy you, I've got a storage building that is the priority for my next day off.... last time I looked in it, I found cancelled checks from the '70s of Mama and Daddy's. Why they kept them nearly 40 years, I have no clue. I am apparently descended from terminal pack rats, and I am struggling to combat that habit- and failing mightily according to Lou. :laughhard: Don't know why she thinks that. My oldest magazines only predate our wedding by a couple,three years and we've just been married 8 years.  :lol:

And in other news, rusty is finally fixed- for real this time, the shop's clean again, and -bittersweet- I am drinking a Mexican coca-cola. The last coca-cola of my supply Mini brought me when he bought Sam. It'd been gone, too, if Lou and Chey hadn't forgot about the shop fridge. I've got one lonely Dr. Pepper left, now- and it's under lock and key. :laughhard:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Well bless your heart.

I have to go tend fowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But I don't want to move.....  I'm crippled, tired, grumpy, filled with ANGST!!!!!!!!

* Chseeads just sits here and dies.

Lynx

Hey five-oh, about those cinnamon rolls... I only wish I had some left to send and/or eat.  I took them to church but when I saw all the other stuff that had been brought - chess squares, tuna sandwiches, hot dogs, chocolate cupcakes, etc - I thought nah, nobody will even touch what I brought with all this other stuff here.  Yeah, right.  I didn't get any back, not a single one.

At least I know they are good according to other people, not just myself.  Definitely gonna have to do this one again. 
"Do you sing at church?"

angel

Got bad behavior report on my daughter today at parent teacher confereces. on the upside she is advanced but has ADD issues.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)