5-0's PAPM is Sporty & Courtly in Sharing 440!

Started by Newsman, June 28, 2011, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

MelodyB

Hey Seth! Call the PO tomorrow!

There...I've reminded you. If you don't do it now, it's your own fault. :P

Well...I didn't go all day being scuzy without a shower after all. About an hour after I made that post, I was texting Ann, and I told her how much I really wanted a cup of coffee...but we were out of coffee and I didn't have money to get any. I wasn't complaining really, just stating a fact. Well she said that if I would come to her house and visit, she would make a pot of coffee and we could drink it together. I then informed her that I would dearly LOVE to go over and do that, but with limited to NO money right now, I didn't have the gas to drive all the way to Escatwapa to her house. So she replied that she REALLY wanted me to come and that she would give me $10 for gas, AND coffee if I would just hurry and get there already!

So I quickly showered and sped over there, and a great time was had over coffee and a movie. :) Her granddaughters are visiting for a few weeks (ages 6 & 9) and we had fun! Then I went and put gas in the van and sweated my way home cause the air in the van broke last week. :roll:

So yeah. Home now, catching up on texts and GP, and headed to bed shortly.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on July 09, 2011, 03:36:45 AM
Tended fowl and such. 

Discovered that a turkey hen had what I presume to be a mating injury from a gash on her side from a tom's spur, I assume....  She has been missing a lot of feathers for a long while now, and had she been feathered out, she'd have probably been alright, probably the bare skin caused her to get cut open....

So I performed reconstructive surgery and sutured the flap of skin back up somewhat in place so it'd grow back together better and stay cleaner and heal better and all that....  I expect a full recovery.

I'm billing her insurance for $75,000.
That last line actually made me laugh.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

The words "mating injury" is what made me chuckle. :o

MelodyB

...and not because the bird got hurt, or even cause of the usage of the word "mating", but because it reminded me of a conversation I once had about the reproductive process of birds. :o

It was quite an "interesting" conversation and I learned...um...a lot. :o

Chseeads

:smirk2:

Speaking of birds....

There's a baby dove loose in the house, and I haven't the foggiest idea where at....

I was putting food in the aviary while ago, and a finch flew out and the baby dove jumped out.  And it started out on the floor, so I went after the finch to see where it went, figured it'd be easier to find the dove afterward....

Um.  No.  :smirk2:

I looked under everything.  On everything.  Up and down, high and low, I don't know where it's at. 

Hopefully the dog won't eat it if she comes across if. :freaky:  And hopefully it will make its presence known in the morning, or at some point.....

Good lands.

Chseeads

Chseeads

So, yeah, don't go to sleep at the computer and knock your glass of water off in the floor.  :smirk2:

Chseeads

taco_harvell

Two days after seeing the dentist, and the right side of my face is swollen to the point my eye wont open all the way. If I set up or stand for more than about 10 minutes it throbs so bad it feels like that side of my face might explode with pain. Somehow, I don't think this should be happening like this. Prayers appreciated!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

MelodyB

I'm awake!

Bout to get a shower and dressed to go feed the hungry people.

Y'all...please! Please say a quick prayer for me! Last month there was huge conflict between me and another lady at church, and then we had a conflict a couple of weeks ago too...well, I did the right thing and got it resolved by going to Pastor about it, and he talked to her, BUT! I still have to work with her today at the soup kitchen, and I expect after her little talking-to that she got from Pastor, that she will be on a rampage today. That's just how she is.

So eventhough SHE is the problem, she will most likely still blame me and take everything out on me and everyone else. And I am NOT in the mood for a big stinky mess today. So please ask God to help everything to just go smooth today. She doesn't have to be my friend, I just don't want her to be my enemy.

Blah.

Anyway! We have a Innovate meeting after ODB today and I ALWAYS look forward to those cause they are hilarious!

So happy Saturday everyone! Have a great day!

And SETH...call the PO!! NOW!

Nelle

I am currently waiting on the PO update.

@work. Going to Sikeston tonight to eat with Jeremy, meredith&tony, and their family. Lamberts! Yum! Haha..

Working until 3. Slept most of the day yesterday thanks to being tired & having a headache. Jeremy even worried about me cause I was barely texting him haha. :/ oh, and I finally ate two Popsicles. Waited until July and Jeremy is FOUR bags of Popsicles ahead of me! He loves them lol

He will hopefully be having a "talk" with my dad next weekend. :teeth:

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on July 09, 2011, 01:16:30 PM
I am currently waiting on the PO update.

@work. Going to Sikeston tonight to eat with Jeremy, meredith&tony, and their family. Lamberts! Yum! Haha..

Working until 3. Slept most of the day yesterday thanks to being tired & having a headache. Jeremy even worried about me cause I was barely texting him haha. :/ oh, and I finally ate two Popsicles. Waited until July and Jeremy is FOUR bags of Popsicles ahead of me! He loves them lol

He will hopefully be having a "talk" with my dad next weekend. :teeth:
The talk?  :o See, Cheesy, ya missed out on another one! An Arkie, nonetheless.

Morning, all. Enjoying a peaceful Saturday @ work.  :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Lynx

Howdy y'all.

Taco that is not right.  You need to see someone about that, now.

Today is a nice, overcast, rainy day, good for sleeping in.  Unfortunately I have to work today, mandatory overtime junk, and before that I need to vacuum the whole church as it it our week to clean. 

What I wouldn't give for a stunt double...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Morning...I think.  Congrats on the forthcoming "TALK" Nelle...

I had one of the weirdest dreams I have ever had right before I woke up.  I'm blaming it on 1)Roscoe and his constant prodding of me to get a hot rod, 2) way to many bbq ribs last night, 3)tea that was not decaffeinated and 4) a upset stomach.

As I type this I keep on remembering bits and pieces of it...

First, I was talking to my mom and her mom (Grandma Whitaker).  Asked something to my Grandma, and got a kindly Grandma hug from her as I was leaving.  Then in my dream state I remembered she passed away several years ago, yet she was so real in my dream I could smell her perfume.

I was working at a hospital.  And it was full of people I know that have deceased.  And they were all in perfect health.  My Grandma Whitaker was there, and having a good time.  I saw my wifes Grandpa and we ran a race around the corridors of the hospital.  He won...

Then I was going to a family reunion at my other Grandmas (Dads Mom) house.  She passed away about 3 years ago now.  There must have been 400 people there.  And me and Chelleebelle had got there late, and she was driving.  We nearly got into a fight about where to park.  The thing that got me though was when I looked around, people were EVERYWERE.  Fishing.  Playing.  Eating.  Eating some more...Finally we left.

Then in my last and final scene, and the part that I blame Roscoe on, we were driving and I saw a old hot rod truck for sale.  It was beautiful.  So I turned around, and went back to see if anyone was around so I could ask about it.  I knew I couldn't afford it, but I just HAD to stop.  Sure enough, there was a guy in his shop, and he started showing me all kinds of trucks.  From major projects to running, drivable trucks.

Then he showed me some 1900's truck with a older restoration.  It was in good condition, but needed some cosmetic repairs.  And he only wanted $7500 for it!  It was different in a major way.  The steering wheel was somehow connected to the transmission.  So you sat straddle the tranny, and if you needed to shift gears, you took the steering wheel (which, btw, was only about 8 inches in diameter, and had a tractor turn knob attached to it) and shifted it like you would a manual transmission.  It was great!  I drove it with such ease that I surprised the owner.

Then he took me in to another shop, where he built robots.  It was at this point, I realized that robots lived among us.  And apparently, they were our servants, were self aware of that, and were quite content with that self awareness.  But this guy wanted to invent a robot that was even more self aware.  So he had this giant metal robot thingy that was like the brain of all robots with metal arms.  And 3 other robots that were all about 1 foot high.  And the giant metal robot took control of some female robot movie star right in front of my eyes, and began a robot uprising with his three ultra self aware robot minions.

And a all out, robot war broke out, between legions of good robots and three ultra self aware 1 foot high robots.  Everytime one of the 3 were destroyed, the robot brain would make another one.  And the only time a human got hurt was when they stepped in the way of the fighting robots.  And I knew deep down, it was up to me to save the world.  But I couldn't destroy the 3 bad robots because they kept on regenerating.

Finally, I realized to win, I must turn the three against the robot brain that was controlling them.   So I yelled "HES GOT METALI-ANDI!" (short for Metalic Andrea) who apparently was the robot movie star.  As soon as I said that, the robot war stopped and the stupid alarm clock went off.

And before you ask, MellerYeller did not send me some "special" brownies.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 09, 2011, 02:39:08 PM
Morning...I think.  Congrats on the forthcoming "TALK" Nelle...

I had one of the weirdest dreams I have ever had right before I woke up.  I'm blaming it on 1)Roscoe and his constant prodding of me to get a hot rod, 2) way to many bbq ribs last night, 3)tea that was not decaffeinated and 4) a upset stomach.

And before you ask, MellerYeller did not send me some "special" brownies.
Weirdo! I'll take the blame for the truck deal, but the robots- uh, no. And MellerYeller didn't have to send you special brownies, you've apparently got a stash of 'shrooms growing nearby. :laughhard: :hippy:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

My motto is "With a mind like mine, who needs drugs?"
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 09, 2011, 02:49:13 PM
My motto is "With a mind like mine, who needs drugs?"
Hard to argue with that.  :smirk2:

Chseeads

Quote from: five-oh on July 09, 2011, 02:04:34 PM
The talk?  :o See, Cheesy, ya missed out on another one! An Arkie, nonetheless.

I didn't miss out on anything, I already know ALL about the "birds."  :freaky:

I didn't call the PO....I was up early enough to, but I went to tending fowl and then fixing my breakfast, and didn't do it, and they're closed now....

Not a major emergency, I can try again Monday or whatever. lol

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on July 09, 2011, 04:05:10 PM
I didn't miss out on anything, I already know ALL about the "birds."  :freaky:

Now all you need is some bee hives... *cough*

The Purple Fuzzy

I have a friend that used to keep bees.  He made good money selling honey.

mini

Then Seth could set up a horticulture stand selling flowers and trees.

Then he would have the birds and the bees, and the flowers and the trees...