News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

5-0's PAPM is Sporty & Courtly in Sharing 440!

Started by Newsman, June 28, 2011, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

For the record, when you're dealing with fiddly little laptop screws a screwdriver with a magnetic head is a wonderful thing. 

In other news, five-oh today is my Thursday, not my Friday.  We had Monday off of course, and we were informed last night that we will have to work Saturday.  So my whole work week was just shifted over a day. 

I have been informed by reliable sources though that, although we did not work Monday, we still get overtime pay for Saturday.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

Jeremy,

Going to youth rally this evening? Quinton, isn't it? I was thinking of going up there from where Mom is in the hopsital.

John  :waving:

Newsman

Pour a one-pound can of at least lukewarm chili over that, get me a spoon, and stay outta my way!  :thumbsup2:

Quote from: Chseeads on July 08, 2011, 08:30:15 AM
Quote from: Newsman on July 08, 2011, 07:19:24 AM
What's a salad?

To you, a salad would be 2 pounds of cold hot dogs chopped up in a bowl.

:P

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Chseeads

Quote from: Newsman on July 08, 2011, 05:38:38 PM
Pour a one-pound can of at least lukewarm chili over that, get me a spoon, and stay outta my way!  :thumbsup2:

Quote from: Chseeads on July 08, 2011, 08:30:15 AM
Quote from: Newsman on July 08, 2011, 07:19:24 AM
What's a salad?

To you, a salad would be 2 pounds of cold hot dogs chopped up in a bowl.

:P

Lord, have mercy.....

mini

Quote from: Newsman on July 08, 2011, 05:37:10 PM
Jeremy,

Going to youth rally this evening? Quinton, isn't it? I was thinking of going up there from where Mom is in the hopsital.

Dont think so.  With the schedule I have kept this week, I still have things to do at church for this weekend, and tonight is the only chance I have of finishing it up.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

So, the debriefing of my day, which has actually been what I guess you could say productive.....

I went to the funeral home to pay my respects for a few minutes (it was a man from Bro. Weir's church, who actually was my sister's ex-father-in-law...she  was married to their son for a brief time years ago back when they were both basically kids, fun trivia fact of the day :P ). 

Stopped at the recycle center on the way down the street and picked up what few egg cartons they had in the freebies area.  Went on down to the bank and made a church deposit and cashed a check. 

The surveyor called me back (I had called him when I left the house and left a message for him to call me back again) and basically just told me the same thing that my cousin had said to me last night, that she had said I should talk to my uncle.  I also told him (the surveyor) to be patient with us on paying him, cause my dad still has a burr in his crack and hasn't wanted to pay him yet but the rest of us want to pay him and shut up about it.  And he's okay with that.  lol  :roll:

So then I was headed home and the husband of the lady that called earlier called about picking up the ducks...but just before that I think a lady called asking about chicks too. 

So then I called my cousin to tell her that I could go over and see my uncle around 2 or so maybe, and she said that he said I didn't need to.  They were agreeable to signing the quit claim, so we could just proceed with getting it ready and let them know.  So basically, barring hades or high water breaking loose, this is actually progressing....praise God.  lol  :smirk2: 

Now one note on that topic, my cousin didn't specify that to me, but the surveyor did, that my other cousin, her brother, does not approve of this proceeding, and she told the surveyor just not to involve him since he doesn't like it (I don't know what in the world he expects otherwise, he's had access to see the survey and the deeds and all that - in fact, HE was the one that had all the old deed records that he gave to the surveyor before the survey was completed that led to this end result....but, he's just hateful and stuff anyways, so that's just how he is. lol), but anyways, my female cousin has power-of-attorney over my uncle's stuff anyways, and he and her agree to this, so the ball is now rolling that direction.

So I got home and the duck guy came.

And then I just called the land lawyer guy who is going to handle this Quit Claim Deed write up deal, so I left a message with his office that the neighbor/relatives are willing to sign and we can proceed with whatever needs done to fix this up and be done with it.  The surveyor had also called the land lawyer guy earlier to fill him in on his end of the info. 

So anyways, hopefully this will all be put to bed shortly....and my dad will probably still be an angry bitter old you know what, and so will probably be my crusty old male cousin. 

So, anyways....that's that.

:smirk2:

Newsman

Maybe I better not go, either.Need to appear more cheerful.

MelodyB

Chseeads

So I called the surveyor back cause I remembered that I forgot to ask about one other thing, an overlap of where the government has boundary markers stuck up that crosses over into what should be ours, and for all intents and purposes it just appears that that is due to an error in the government's survey.....

So that's still not fully resolved, though it's not such a big deal....we could either just have our description wrote up to match the government markers, or could take up the issue with them and express our belief that their survey is in error, blah blah blah.  I'd actually prefer the latter, and I will have to talk to the land attorney guy about that. 

That's not a huge deal though, it's a relatively small strip of land, and the main thing it creates issue with is okay, where's the fence actually supposed to be along that side...

But, anyhow.......

Lynx

Interesting that the term "quit claim" is used so often.  I suspect a lot of people want to claim it over and done with, and quit.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Seth, that makes me tired just reading it...

Chseeads

So I called back to the land lawyer's office, or title attorney, or whatever you want to call him, and added to my message to him about needing to see what we're going to do about the government overlap thing too.

At least it's going somewhere now...maybe....whether people like it or not. lol

So I don't know though if the government issue has to be settled before the quit claim can be completed, or if it can go ahead and be completed and then we can settle the government part....  Cause the two are sort of separate issues, but I don't know if the description would be screwed up by that or not....

Oh well, I'll find out soon hopefully.  *shrug*

Keep in mind, I'm doing all this secretly, cause you can't mention it to dad or he just gets beside himself.  :roll:  lol  smh smh smh

I may fill mom in on it if I get a discrete chance.

mini

These marathon posts, where everyone is posting like crazy, makes gp hard to keep up with... *cough*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

You just need to take a speed reading course. :hypocrite:

mini

Chseeads

:pound:

Debriefed my mother on these above mentioned situations earlier.

Did an egg run to the "wholesale" guy. 

MelodyB

Made dinner.

That's my only acomplisment for today.

I've lazed around, texted several people, napped on and off, played games and surfed the net on my phone...been in my pajamas ALL DAY. Im so scumy I haven't even taken a shower today.

It's been a great day. :D

Chseeads

* Chseeads scowls at Mel-Mel about her "pajamas."

Rat's Nest....ima send you a message.  :hypocrite:

Newsman

Finally getting around to asking the parents' blessing? Shouldn't that start with Clarence?

Newsman

I think I am close to my limit of the number of sad, depressing, disjointed conversations I can have with people in one week.

Chseeads

Not quite that, John.  :P

I just remembered, because I read someone's name on Facebook in a comment that was Bonnie, that I forgot to call the post office today...lol... 

Reason being, that the postmaster's name at the Norman, IN post office is Bonnie...and I was gonna call there and ask if I needed to move the mailbox at church. 

Because they are putting in a new bridge over the creek right beside the church, and they have the road barricaded directly in front of the church, and our mailbox is behind the barricade....so I didn't know if I needed to move it over somewhere else during this construction or not....  It will be moved afterwards because the road will be wider anyways...but I don't know if the mailman will leave our stuff or not....  He might just get out of the truck and put it in the box for us, cause his normal route he comes one way down our road, and then goes on his circuit to other roads, so with this detour in place, he has to come up the road to the church being the last stop, so maybe he'll just hop out and stick it in the box anyhow...but I don't know, and I was gonna find out.  But I forgot.

If I think of it in the morning tomorrow while the PO is open I will try to call then.  But, don't know if I'll remember.

But, I digress.  :P

Chseeads

Tended fowl and such. 

Discovered that a turkey hen had what I presume to be a mating injury from a gash on her side from a tom's spur, I assume....  She has been missing a lot of feathers for a long while now, and had she been feathered out, she'd have probably been alright, probably the bare skin caused her to get cut open....

So I performed reconstructive surgery and sutured the flap of skin back up somewhat in place so it'd grow back together better and stay cleaner and heal better and all that....  I expect a full recovery.

I'm billing her insurance for $75,000.

The Purple Fuzzy