News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

5-0's PAPM is Sporty & Courtly in Sharing 440!

Started by Newsman, June 28, 2011, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

My mother is back in the hospital in another town. I was there twice, and the nursing home she has been at, twice also in the past 12 hours.

She's not in critical condition.

Lynx

+2 

I've had an abscessed tooth before and if it's anything like that you probably would prefer someone knocking you out with a  :pound: over staying conscious and in that much pain.   
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

IowaSkirtGirl

In my opinion tooth pain is some of the WORST pain..maybe because it's so close to the brain? I dunno, but praying you feel betters right MEOW!

Also praying for the whole situation with John's Mom!

I had to do something this week that I didn't think I was going to have to do. I have an in-home daycare. I haven't had "rules" or contracts since I started this at the beginning of May. I thought, oh everyone will just appreciate what I'm doing and be respectful of it. WRONG! Even the people who are family have taken advantage of my leniency. Just an example, I have one family that I watch their three kids, it averages about $200 dollars a week, there was one week recently that because they pulled one kid then another than came home from work early then this then that that I didn't even make half that. I don't know if they don't understand that that is my sole source of income? This is the family that I quit my part time job so I could have their kids full time. So today...I am frustrated...but I have contracts for them ALL to sign, even my roommate. Just to keep it fair! What I wish they understood is it's hard to find good CHEAP daycare, especially with a Christian base. I mean I charge 1.75 per hour per kid unless I have the child less than 30 hours a week then it's 2.25 just because of the scheduling that goes into have kids part time...You have to juggle which kids you have when and make sure you have enough food and snacks and make sure you aren't over the state limit those days...and I've turned away people thinking I was going to be full that day and then to not have a kid show up...it's very frustrating...okay!

END RANT! Sorry...I needed to vent to someone!
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Nelle

Church was interesting last night. Prayers would be much appreciated as the situation hovers on a scary line. :/ Parts of the service were encouraging but other parts were destructive. Praying God works through all of our hearts this week, so we can move forward.

And I'm really tired. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

It always comes to that ISG, sorry you had to learn the hard way.   :-\

Cloudy, gloomy day today. I need to pack the whole family up for another IA-IL road trip.

mini

Meller, send some of that dark gloomy weather to Oklahoma.  We need rain...badly.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Us too.

We have a HUGE HUGE pile of branches and grass, and all kinds of debris piled up on the burn pile and I CAN'T BURN IT! It's been collecting for weeks now and we have been under a burn ban. :sadbounce:

A good two or three days of steady rain would be great! Then I could burn... :freaky2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Here we just chunk stuff like that out in "the woods," an area with a lot of trees in it.  The woods starts where our backyard ends though, and around here the woods is almost everywhere.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

MelodyB

We have a swamp behind our house. Right now though, it's all dried up. But if we had a rainy season, it would be a swamp again.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

I'm sorry guys, it's pouring here.  Which means the flooding and homes that were damaged up north will spread south.

The weather is crazy.

almost packed.  Nathan and I are going to have a week with no kids.  I don't think I'll know what to do with myself.  However I do have a list going...  I am NOT babysitting people's kids this time like I did last year.

Chseeads

Not to be left out on the "what's behind my house" conversation:

IowaSkirtGirl

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 07, 2011, 01:44:45 PM
It always comes to that ISG, sorry you had to learn the hard way.   :-\

Cloudy, gloomy day today. I need to pack the whole family up for another IA-IL road trip.

It's cloudy gloomy here in Iowa too! And everyone told me it would come to that, I guess I was hoping the caliber of people I do business with was a little better? But everyone signed, so I'm not losing any kids, and none of them seemed extremely upset..maybe a bit because it's going to cost a little more sometimes....but I'm still cheap :)

Melody

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 07, 2011, 03:45:34 PM
wow Seth!  Looks like a park!

Up on top that hill is where I said you could camp. But nooooooo....you wouldn't have it.

:P

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Chseeads on July 07, 2011, 03:43:52 PM

Is that Bigfoot lurking there in the background? ;)

Melody

We've never been to Indiana so I'll tuck that in the back of my mind for someday...

ISG, where in IA and what church do you go to?  We lived in IA City before here, 5 yrs ago.  I lived in DM for a while as a kid. 

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 07, 2011, 03:48:41 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on July 07, 2011, 03:43:52 PM

Is that Bigfoot lurking there in the background? ;)

It may well be.  There have been "bigfoot" sightings in the area before. LOL

IowaSkirtGirl

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 07, 2011, 03:51:29 PM
We've never been to Indiana so I'll tuck that in the back of my mind for someday...

ISG, where in IA and what church do you go to?  We lived in IA City before here, 5 yrs ago.  I lived in DM for a while as a kid.

I live in Monticello. I go to church in Anamosa though. Apostolic Assembly of Anamosa. One of my pastor's daughter's husbands preaches in Iowa City. I don't know when he started though. Not even sure of the name of his church. His last name is Timmerman. Great guy, he's preached at our church before. :)

Iowa is so pretty!

Melody

Bro.George was our section presbyter, good church.  Nick and Emmy are pretty great, we had already moved before they became pastors.  From what I hear they are really having revival! 

Roscoe

Hi! At work. Eating lunch. Not planning on doing a whole lot. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

IowaSkirtGirl

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 07, 2011, 04:46:12 PM
Bro.George was our section presbyter, good church.  Nick and Emmy are pretty great, we had already moved before they became pastors.  From what I hear they are really having revival!

So so even you know how AMAZING my church is! Sis. George does my individual Bible studies. I've only met Emmie once, when Nick was preaching. But ALL the George girls are great girls! Love 'em! Aww! This makes me want to sing "It's a small world after all!" :)  :clap:

Chseeads

Quote from: five-oh on July 07, 2011, 04:52:58 PM

What exactly DO you do, when/if you ever actually do do anything?

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on July 07, 2011, 05:37:46 PM
Quote from: five-oh on July 07, 2011, 04:52:58 PM

What exactly DO you do, when/if you ever actually do do anything?

I think he eats a donut....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller