News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

never knew it could be done, a boar is a bore in sharing #4-3-1

Started by Babs, March 25, 2011, 08:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Candled the incubator and removed the dead or non-living.  Set a few new eggs.  Put a handful of duck eggs due to hatch this weekend down in the hatching tray.

Newsman

Quote from: Chseeads on April 01, 2011, 03:14:10 AM
Quote from: taco_harvell on April 01, 2011, 12:20:00 AM
Could use some prayers. My back that went out last week seems to be getting worse instead of better. Can barely move today.

How many backs do you have?  :smirk2:

Quote from: Tricia Lea on April 01, 2011, 12:26:20 AM
I saw Roscoe and thought we had a new GPer lol

I'm getting good at this naming people thing....When is "Tootie" going to sign up?  *cough*  :P

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 01, 2011, 03:09:45 AM
Just made a wedding cake. I'm tired.

It better not be for Chel.  :-?

MelodyB

Awake and not happy about it.

Grr.

I am NOT  a morning person.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Don't feel bad, Mel. I'm not a morning person either. I backslid a little on the whole no- Dr. Pepper- thing. There was one calling my name this morning at the convenience store, and it *might* have left with me. My coworkers will be thankful, I'm sure.  :laughhard:

I decided I would change my user name in a tip of the hat to Sethers- it seemed to have stuck regardless of my opinion, so I might as well embrace it.

Good Morning to all...... last day of session, so my capitol job will be a little less hectic after today. :clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Oh, so you'll have to get up and move once a day instead of twice?  :smirk2:

:roll:

:P

Lynx

Howdy y'all. 

Never did get around to tinkering with my audio interface, because the family all converged on Grandma's house and a family hang-out meeting is not to be missed.  Maybe tonight I'll get around to my new toy.  Or maybe not.

When I hear other people talking about their families I come to the conclusion that either I have a great family or other people don't appreciate theirs enough.  Or maybe both. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Quote from: Chseeads on April 01, 2011, 05:22:18 AM
Candled the incubator and removed the dead or non-living.  Set a few new eggs.  Put a handful of duck eggs due to hatch this weekend down in the hatching tray.

Why dont you allow the mothers to sit on their own eggs?

Lynx

I wondered that myself, but I wasn't curious enough to ask.

Mel did you intend to change your nick to Melsiepoo or did someone hack your account?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

I did it. I figured he was naming everyone else, I might as well join, he has given me MANY names over the years, and this is the one I chose for now...when are you gonna change yours to Weird Cat?

And also, Seth...do you or can you eat the "dead or non-living" eggs?

Lynx

Cats are by definition not weird.  Being weird is beneath their dignity.  Therefore "weird cat" is an oxymoron. 

*Isaac licks his front claws clean, stretches, gets up and saunters away.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I for a while back in the day had my screename changed to "Fairycakes" my name Sethers gave me....lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 01, 2011, 01:26:54 PM
I for a while back in the day had my screename changed to "Fairycakes" my name Sethers gave me....lol

Do it again!! :D

MsJennJenn

:noo:

NO! I haven't eaten fairy cakes in MONTHS. Besides that was a long time ago! lol

Then I'd have to tell the story and blah blah blah lol...

and I'm not going to give Seth the satisfaction!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Just that reply gave me a sense of accomplishment, FC.  :P

I'm such a good namer.  :D

:ugly:

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Chseeads

Quote from: Melsiepoo on April 01, 2011, 12:54:23 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on April 01, 2011, 05:22:18 AM

Why dont you allow the mothers to sit on their own eggs?

1.  Because most of the time they don't sit on their own eggs.  It's not an automatic thing that just because a bird lays eggs it will sit on them.  The biological hormonal mood has to hit them for them to even have  any desire to do that whatsoever.

2.  Because if everybody that laid eggs, spent a month sitting on eggs....there'd be no more eggs being laid.

3.  Logistics.  If a bird is going to incubate eggs it ideally needs a place it can be by itself so everybody else won't be trying to lay in its nest, etc. etc.  I would need more than a breeding pen for that..... :o

Every once in a while, I do let certain ones that are good setters sit on a clutch of eggs.

Chseeads

Quote from: Melsiepoo on April 01, 2011, 01:10:23 PM
And also, Seth...do you or can you eat the "dead or non-living" eggs?

Two words:  Dis. Gusting. 

lol

There are some places in SE Asia where they do eat those duck embryos and stuff....but unless you're into that, NO thanks...  Plus some of them, or many, are just NASTY and not fit for anything.

MelodyB

So what do you do with them? Do you have a special place you throw them away so the other critters can eat them?

Chseeads

Quote from: Melsiepoo on April 01, 2011, 02:05:11 PM
So what do you do with them? Do you have a special place you throw them away so the other critters can eat them?

I usually drive down the road and fling them out the window.

True story.  lol

MelodyB

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB