never knew it could be done, a boar is a bore in sharing #4-3-1

Started by Babs, March 25, 2011, 08:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Smartys! I look away for a moment to go over some songs with Lou and you're dissing Arkansas when I get back.*  :pound: everybody.

Yep, Bro. Ron's an Arkie through and through, Babs. I spent more hours at his house than at mine growing up.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Babs

yeah he is a good guy. loved hearing him preach!

they always say the only thing good thing about being from oklahoma is, being "from" oklahoma lol
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Roscoe

Quote from: Babs on April 02, 2011, 02:02:24 AM
yeah he is a good guy. loved hearing him preach!

they always say the only thing good thing about being from oklahoma is, being "from" oklahoma lol
He and Sis Tab were just kids when they started coming to our church. They'd just been married, she was 16 or 17 and he was not much older. I got to be preached at by him more than anyone, I believe.  They were at our church for, Lord, 15 years or more. I remember holding their son when he was born- now the kid's 6'4' and 280 lbs, and I call him "sir". :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Babs

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Lord. Britt just about killed me! We prolly walked 2 miles! :o then took Parker to the park and let him play. I'm home now and need to clean the kitchen and PACK for my weekend trip but my legs hurt!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Ow ow ow ow ow OW! 

Okay... I was playing with my new toy, the audio interface.  I didn't have a speaker connected to it so I didn't have to worry about feedback.  Tested a microphone on an input, and turned on track monitoring... not so I could monitor it by hearing, but so I could see the wave form. 

Then I wanted to hear how it sounded, so I switched from my new toy to the computer's internal soundcard.  The soundcard that is connected to a set of Sony Xplod speakers.  The soundcard that is also connected to the computer's onboard microphone...  Instant feedback loop, instant pain in my ears. 

Well I'm awake.   :o
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Left home this morning at 11 expecting to be gone maybe an hour, and got back about 6:30 tonight. I will never understand the concept of driving 60 miles or more just to eat at a certain restaurant. If you're going to see someone or you have something to do in that area maybe, but just to eat I don't get it.

Been doing homework, and I am fixing to dive into a 50 question final exam for my IT class. Haven't slept in a couple of days I hope my tired brain can figure this out. The good thing is I currently have a good enough grade that I could technically skip the exam and still pass. The perfectionist side of me though wants to ace it. Prayers would be appreciated!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Nelle

Yawn, sigh..etc.

I get to watch my favorite little girl tomorrow tho! I bought her a new book today so I think we will try looking at that for a few minutes! Love her!

I'm bored so.. I think I might go to bed since the person I was talking to has gone silent haha.

SippinTea

Hello lovelies! I hope your day(s) were more restful than mine! :o :lol: It was (mostly) a good day, but very full. Discovered a couple parks with my boys this morning, and they're not very far from the house. Yay! :)

Oh, and I have a headlight out, too. If anyone wants to change it for me, the new bulb is behind the driver's seat. :P

*pouncehugs* Mel

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

taco_harvell

:frustrated: :smash: :tearhair: :banghead: :angry: :shakeno: :(

Angry, mad, and frustrated all at myself.

I got a C on my final. I  will still make an A in the class but I can't help but kick myself for not waiting til i got some rest instead of doing it with out sleep for 48 hours, UGH! Disgusted with myself tonight.

Sorry needed to vent.  :sadbounce:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Babs

My latest blog post.

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 02, 2011, 02:57:17 AM
I will never understand the concept of driving 60 miles or more just to eat at a certain restaurant. If you're going to see someone or you have something to do in that area maybe, but just to eat I don't get it.

You have apparently backslidden, Taco.  :laughhard: It's a pentecostal tradition to eat, and driving 60 miles to do so is not out of the question.  :biglaugh:

Quote from: SippinTea on April 02, 2011, 05:51:08 AM
Hello lovelies! I hope your day(s) were more restful than mine! :o :lol: It was (mostly) a good day, but very full. Discovered a couple parks with my boys this morning, and they're not very far from the house. Yay! :)

Oh, and I have a headlight out, too. If anyone wants to change it for me, the new bulb is behind the driver's seat. :P

*pouncehugs* Mel

:beret:
Wooby, I'll change the headlight- you gotta get the car  to me, though. :biglaugh:

Back at work for the day..... Supposed to be beautiful today, wish I was off of work to enjoy it.  :waving:

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on April 02, 2011, 11:52:20 AM
I will never understand the concept of driving 60 miles or more just to eat at a certain restaurant. If you're going to see someone or you have something to do in that area maybe, but just to eat I don't get it.

You have apparently backslidden, Taco.  :laughhard: It's a pentecostal tradition to eat, and driving 60 miles to do so is not out of the question.  :biglaugh:

I did it last night... :oops:

The women folk were having a get-together at the pastors house, so he had to get out.  Then he suggested catfish...and thats all they wrote.

On a side note, Im thinking about riding the motorcycle to work today...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 02, 2011, 11:57:50 AM

The women folk were having a get-together at the pastors house, so he had to get out.  Then he suggested catfish...and thats all they wrote.

:pound: Mini. I MISS my bike. I've gotta make do with a girly car convertible. :(

MelodyB

We do it all the time! We have NOTHING in Pascagoula to eat that's a really good place. So it's nothing to drive to Mobile or Biloxi to go to a much better restaurant.

I'm up. Headed to Florida within the hour hopefully, if I can get my junk together and Mom loaded up.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  Man I'm glad I'm awake.  Nothing but weird dreams last night.  No nightmares (I don't ever have nightmares for some reason) but some really weird dreams.  I think I lived through two weeks in one night.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning.  About to head out and do some running around. ;)

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on April 02, 2011, 12:17:25 PM

:pound: Mini. I MISS my bike. I've gotta make do with a girly car convertible. :(

My battery was dead this morning... :cries:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Quote from: Succulent Peach on April 02, 2011, 12:18:59 PM
We do it all the time! We have NOTHING in Pascagoula to eat that's a really good place. So it's nothing to drive to Mobile or Biloxi to go to a much better restaurant.

On that topic:  People will do what they want to do.  Period.

That kind of thing frustrates and aggravates me at times.  People "can't" come 5, 10, or 20 miles for a church thing, my Lord that's just SO FARRRR AWAYYYYY....but they'll travel the globe to eat, shop, whatever....

:roll:

NEways...eating breakfast.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 02, 2011, 01:08:06 PM

My battery was dead this morning... :cries:
Hee hee. That'll teach you to gloat about getting to ride your bike, even if you did phrase it nicely. :lol:

Lynx

Family is over for breakfast.  In my family, family breakfasts take hours.  Ciao for now. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

There's a reason people say they are going/moving "down' to Texas.

Just sayin  :P

John  :waving:

Quote from: Babs on April 02, 2011, 01:51:45 AM
Quote from: Chseeads on April 02, 2011, 01:48:51 AM
AR to OK....He didn't trade up by too much, did he?

:smirk2:

trade across, not up lol

Lynx

Ugh.  Talk at the family breakfast has turned to politics.  When it goes to politics I go somewhere else. 

Currently, happily testing my new audio toy.  A 16-in audio interface is a wonderful thing - almost as wonderful as the i5 processor I said was a wonderful thing earlier.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

:pound: Mini. I MISS my bike. I've gotta make do with a pink girly car convertible. :(

He admits it!!!! :clap:

Quote from: Chseeads on April 02, 2011, 02:02:58 PM
Quote from: Succulent Peach on April 02, 2011, 12:18:59 PM

On that topic:  People will do what they want to do.  Period.

That kind of thing frustrates and aggravates me at times.  People "can't" come 5, 10, or 20 miles for a church thing, my Lord that's just SO FARRRR AWAYYYYY....but they'll travel the globe to eat, shop, whatever....

:roll:

NEways...eating breakfast.

That'll preach Seth! I agree...it's pitiful actually the excuses people can come up with "not" to come to a church function or church itself.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

That's not our problem.  Ours is nobody at prayer meetings.  I'm thinking about taking attendance the Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, and prayer meeting night and posting them all in the bulletin the next Sunday.  Uh... maybe I should ask the pastor's permission first.  >.>

But if I did, it would be something like 102 Sunday morning, 117 Sunday night, 85 Wednesday night, 7 prayer meeting.
"Do you sing at church?"