News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

If you had to...

Started by B, January 29, 2008, 06:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Not that anyone is counting votes, but....

Some opera is good. And in my opinion, that counts among the good. Not among the best, though. ;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

alohilani

Yep, what Mel said. Eyebrow. :biglaugh:

I like operas, just not ones with creepy masked men! *grin* So I'll vote with ya, Ruby. ;)

B

She voted that PotO was good. lol

B

alohilani

I was only voting that operas are good.. And that POTO is 'not among the best'.

*grin*

B

lol I see. And remind me once again...have you seen it? ;) :P

B

alohilani

Only creepy music videos and clips of it on YouTube. I wasn't braver than that.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

B

The Phantom of the Opera

B

Amelia Bedelia

its not an opera
its a musical about an opera house

I haven't watched the movie (heard it butchered the play...figures)
but I have been to the live play in the city and it was awesome!!!

B

I thought they did pretty good with the movie, although they did change quite a bit. It took me a little while to realize how much, but listening to the original cast recording right before watching it helped. :teeth: lol Andrew Lloyd Webber was one of the producers, which made me feel a little better. I still don't like that they changed stuff, though.

I've also seen it live at the Cadillac Palace in Chicago. I agree. It's amazing! :thumbsup2:

B

Nerd

I think most of the creepiness had to do with the fact that it was a Joel Schumacher/Andrew Lloyd Webber collaboration. The story is cool, though.

But it could have been better...

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

alohilani

Creepy man in a mask. Um -  No. Thank. You. :biglaugh:

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Nerd

QuoteCreepy man in a mask. Um -  No. Thank. You.

So I guess the only way you'd ever watch it is...if you had to.

:smirk:

SippinTea

*snicker*

I know! At the next DOME we can tell her she 'has to' watch it with us. *grin*

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

alohilani

:o

I'm suddenly developing an aversion to spherical gathering places.... *grin*

SippinTea

Backseat Radio

Quote from: SippinTea on April 11, 2008, 03:24:38 PM
*snicker*

I know! At the next DOME we can tell her she 'has to' watch it with us. *grin*

Ya all dare to try that on me and you'll find out real quick I don't deal with movies.  Thats part of why I left when I did at the last DOME.

SippinTea

I know. *smile* That's why we wouldn't try it on you.

apsurf

DOME....don't that mean

Dunking Old Maids in Earwax?     :laughhard:

SippinTea

:roll: No

It means Dangerous Online Meeting Experience

Nerd

QuoteI know! At the next DOME we can tell her she 'has to' watch it with us. *grin*

:biglaugh:

QuoteI'm suddenly developing an aversion to spherical gathering places.... *grin*

Right?  :P

apsurf

I like the earwax interpretation better!